• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E3 2009 Thread (June 2-4) of Everything's already leaked ;)

Kogepan

djblackice said:
Rumors for Sony's Conference Tomorrow:

• Rockstar Exclusive Game
  • Square Enix to present something (haha, I know- awesome description)
  • Kojima to make announcement
  • New IP unveiled
  • Old IP shown - not sure what this means
  • New price/sku

New Price/SKU or bust. In terms of software the stuff they already announced should be good for the rest of the year (Uncharted/ratchet/mebbe GOW3/GT5)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
djblackice said:
Rumors for Sony's Conference Tomorrow:

• Rockstar Exclusive Game
  • Square Enix to present something (haha, I know- awesome description)
  • Kojima to make announcement
  • New IP unveiled
  • Old IP shown - not sure what this means
  • New price/sku

Like BlazingDarkness said, rumor is that it's Rapture, and I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up with FFXIII and the formal announcement for FFVII on PSN archives.

Kojima announcement is probably MGS PSP.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So I guess the OT is not going to be up for Conan, can we make a thread in the gaming section then?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Kogepan said:
New Price/SKU or bust. In terms of software the stuff they already announced should be good for the rest of the year (Uncharted/ratchet/mebbe GOW3/GT5)
Will 100% not happen on the SKU side unless it's releasing that day or something. No way they sabotage their own sales by announcing that their current line of consoles are dead.
Windu said:
So I guess the OT is not going to be up for Conan, can we make a thread in the gaming section then?
Evil said specifically not to open up any OT threads on the gaming side...but it's Conan!!!

For some reason, that old "Lock and Key" rumor is popping up again as well from Insomniac.

I know Jstevenson debunked it last time but I am wondering if it's reappearing means it might have been a decoy. Who knows?

I'll be there tomorrow at Sony's conference so I hope I leave blinded by the awesomeness of what could be shown.

omg rite said:
If they leave out 360 from Rapture, Square is dumb as hell.

There was a thread for that discussion, but I'm 99% certain they don't aim to leave 360 entirely out. It could be that MS was being dumb about it like they originally were with FFXI. It could be something about MS not wanting thier precious 360 userbase interacting with the PS3 userbase which, needless to say, is really dumb. Most likely it just works out better for SE in one way or another to show it off at the Sony conference, if the rumors are to be believed.

But yeah SE continues to make tons of money on FFXI and expanding to the 360 helped that quite a lot. I'm sure they know they want the largest userbase possible with this one.

So.. really hopeful it'll be at the Sony conference as the weak rumors point to, but much stronger rumors at least point to it being at E3 sometime. Square-Enix's thing is on Wednesday, but there's no video stream and I don't want to wait another day. XD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
djblackice said:
For some reason, that old "Lock and Key" rumor is popping up again as well from Insomniac.

I know Jstevenson debunked it last time but I am wondering if it's reappearing means it might have been a decoy. Who knows?

I'll be there tomorrow at Sony's conference so I hope I leave blinded by the awesomeness of what could be shown.

Lock and Key?

ZeoVGM

Banned
HappyBivouac said:
There was a thread for that discussion, but I'm 99% certain they don't aim to leave 360 entirely out. It could be that MS was being dumb about it like they originally were with FFXI. It could be something about MS not wanting thier precious 360 userbase interacting with the PS3 userbase which, needless to say, is really dumb. Most likely it just works out better for SE in one way or another to show it off at the Sony conference, if the rumors are to be believed.

But yeah SE continues to make tons of money on FFXI and expanding to the 360 helped that quite a lot. I'm sure they know they want the largest userbase possible with this one.

So.. really hopeful it'll be at the Sony conference as the weak rumors point to, but much stronger rumors at least point to it being at E3 sometime. Square-Enix's thing is on Wednesday, but there's no video stream and I don't want to wait another day. XD

It just wouldn't make sense at ALL.

I mean, 360/PC people interact on Shadowrun. 360/PS2/PC people on FFXI.

Why would MS give Square a hard time about this, if that's what they're doing? All it would do is give people one less reason to get a PS3 if they already have a 360.

RubxQub

dkeane said:
Tiger Woods Wii Motion+ commercial on Conan was great.
Was thinking the same thing. Great commercial...too bad it showed like 5 seconds of gameplay :lol

omg rite said:
It just wouldn't make sense at ALL.

I mean, 360/PC people interact on Shadowrun. 360/PS2/PC people on FFXI.

Why would MS give Square a hard time about this, if that's what they're doing? All it would do is give people one less reason to get a PS3 if they already have a 360.

The rumors that it's going to be PS3/PC only are pretty shaky and come from websites that seem a bit Sony-biased, but I don't know. Certain forum members who like to toss out vague bits of info have said that last they checked it was for PC/PS3/360. I wou;dn't worry about it.

I'll be happy with it being on PS3, but I know a lot of people who would love to play it on 360 and don't want that large chunk of players to be left out. I don't think SE wants them left out, either though, so don't worry.

EDIT: the gameplayer article Kagari linked is absolutely horribly-written. There were some others that surfaced around the same time, but with these small gaming news sites it's hard to tell who is ripping who off and if anything is even legit.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting a PS3 when the next price drop happens, but I just enjoy playing multiplatform stuff on 360 because of Live.

But either way, I'll be Rapturing. Or FFXI-2ing. Or Chrono Onlineing. Or whatever the hell it is.

Edit: WTF is Gameplayer.au?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wow so Square is making a new MMO? Awesome. Now I have both this and Old Republic to choose from. But being that Rapture is likely to be on PS3 it'll probably be that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
omg rite said:
Hm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting a PS3 when the next price drop happens, but I just enjoy playing multiplatform stuff on 360 because of Live.

But either way, I'll be Rapturing. Or FFXI-2ing. Or Chrono Onlineing. Or whatever the hell it is.

Edit: WTF is Gameplayer.au?

It's probably just an exclusive announcement or whatever, don't worry.

sykoex said:
Wow so Square is making a new MMO? Awesome. Now I have both this and Old Republic to choose from. But being that Rapture is likely to be on PS3 it'll probably be that.

I honestly have been waiting for the new Square MMO since like 2006, and will likely jump into that given my love for what Tanaka and his team did with FFXI. But that new Old Republic trailer certainly did make me raise an eyebrow. Pretty awesome stuff, definitely made the star wars fan in me feel all giddy inside.

RubxQub

HappyBivouac said:
I honestly have been waiting for the new Square MMO since like 2006, and will likely jump into that given my love for what Tanaka and his team did with FFXI. But that new Old Republic trailer certainly did make me raise an eyebrow. Pretty awesome stuff, definitely made the star wars fan in me feel all giddy inside.
FFXI remains my favorite MMO I've ever played. Any new MMO for the Square team will pretty much definitely be owned by me day 1.

omg rite said:
Conan's first show is hilarious.

My thread for it is going to no use. : (

Circle, circle, circle!

Yeah, didn't see a thread for it OT.. must of dropped off to the second page. I never check the second page.

Windu

Assembly Required said:
Circle, circle, circle!

Yeah, didn't see a thread for it OT.. must of dropped off to the second page. I never check the second page.
OT is closed...

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Nintendo Predictions...
-main push will be for WM+ details/games
-WiiSports Resort featured heavily, release date, WFC & more games confirmed
-WiiFit+ will be an expansion retail disc/WiiWare Channel with wookout regime, more WM+ based games/wookouts, WFC features
-WiiShop Channel download cap is raised, new VC & VC Arcade titles announced
-spend some time recapping all the good first party announcements so far
-some spotlight time to third party games as well
-address some of the issues in Japan (with DQ IX & X, FF:CB, MH Tri, video Channel)
-announce that all that is coming to the west, video Channel included & detailed
-DSi pimping, DSiWare, DSi Virtual GameBoy/Handheld service announced, Metroid II featured
-Another Metroid title shown, one not from Retro, possibly 2D for DS
-NSMBros. 2 announced, 2D, possibly for both DS & Wii (interplayable co-op), maybe up to 4 players, maybe WFC
-some time given to CAPCOM for TvC, Spyborgs, MH Tri & surprise announcement
-some time given to SE for MLAADL, FF:CB, DQ IX & X
-some time given to Ubisoft for Red Steal 2 & WM+
-some time given to HVS for their games
-Retro's new game (Kid Icarus?)
-possible confirmation of MW2 on Wii
-WFC button announced, makes finding Wii friends easier
-sales charts, market trends, swimming upstream, disrupting themselves
-Zelda Spirit Tracks demoed
-Zelda WM+ teased as a surprise at the end of the show
-Wii pricedrop possible, Wii+ bundle, new Wii colors detailed

That's a valid point. I don't like you? you're closed! how does it feel!?!

it's been a long day.. break please?

Post above: in otherwords, nothing too exciting? honestly, hoping for a surprise or two from nintendo.

Lock and Key (PS3) description (ALL RUMORS - please don't tar and feather me)

Horror game set in a morgue where 5 bodies are brought in. 5 different people, all different types. You play as 1 of 5 and the events leading up to your death. When finished, we're told, the story for that person ends just before you find out how they died and then shifts to the next person.

2 scenarios shown:

(1) A detective roaming the streets of Royce city (like Uncharted but a tad better). Looked amazing.

(2) Grave digger battling zombies (multitudes in an old cemetery).

Graphics - near flawless.

No clue into how the two stories tie into another but they do. The puzzle isn't clear assumptions are running around that there is a zombie out break or an end of the world situation where Ghost, Demons, Zombies something happens where everyone is tossed into their own hell.

Das-J

Law of the West
I predict that Pixeljunk Shooter will be taking up a ton of my time and that I need to go to sleep now if I want to be functional tomorrow... See you kids at The Shrine in the morning! :D

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I was just thinking of saying screw it and ordering a 360, but there's really nothing on there I'm dying to play. Kinda sucks cause I want something fun to spend some tax return money on. Maybe I'll get a Wii depending on what happens tomorrow.

Off topic, but do any other OTers find themselves clicking the OT shortcut at the top/bottom of the pages every single time? I've done it like 50 times, it's so annoying.

Random, yes, but I wasn't about to start a new thread and this seemed as good a place as any.

Windu

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
Off topic, but do any other OTers find themselves clicking the OT shortcut at the top/bottom of the pages every single time? I've done it like 50 times, it's so annoying.

Random, yes, but I wasn't about to start a new thread and this seemed as good a place as any.
Yeah I have done it quite a few times. btw, why is the OT still not up? I thought it was just going to be down for the conferences.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Snowman Prophet of Doom said:

I've reloaded my freaking OT tab at least ten times today purely out of habit...... : /
Windu said:
Yeah I have done it quite a few times. btw, why is the OT still not up? I thought it was just going to be down for the conferences.
Isn't usually down for the whole week? Don't see why it wouldn't be different this year.
thefoxtrot said:
Agency appears to be playable hint their twitter, I'm so Fucking excited for this game, I want it inside me. I need impression. NOW!

http://twitter.com/The_Agency_Game
The closed beta is launching soon right? I remember reading a rumor about it a couple of weeks ago.

Love the avatar BTW

Killthee said:
I've reloaded my freaking OT tab at least ten times today purely out of habit...... : /
Isn't usually down for the whole week? Don't see why it wouldn't be different this year.

The closed beta is launching soon right? I remember reading a rumor about it a couple of weeks ago.

Love the avatar BTW

thank you kind sir

Firestorm

Windu said:
Conferences still on tomorrow. maybe after that.

bartris

Neo Member
Is there a fifth High Voltage game being announced during the week, IGN Says 4pm Thursday, unannounced High Voltage title - The makers of the Conduit have something new???

-The Conduit
-Gladiator AD
-The Grinder
-Animales De La Muerte
-Another Game????

Chris R

It's nice that g4 is showing the conferences 2 hours late today. Ms was a 4 hour delay.

Any idea if Sony and nintendo will have their own streams like ms did yesterday?

How was Gamespot's feed of the Microsoft conference? Was it stable? Did it look good?

IGN's MS feed was absolutely useless, it conked out 20mins into the vid! (Thank goodness for the official xbox.com feed!) I don't wanna face that happen again with the other conferences :lol

Top Bottom