• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E3 2009 Thread (June 2-4) of Everything's already leaked ;)

Ydahs

E-phonk said:
IGN (free livestream) had the best quality yesterday though.
I'll try it out, but I just hope it doesn't have the problems I've heard it had with the MS Conference. Hopefully the GT conference is also good quality.

So the MS conference was 2 hours? Any idea on the length on Nintendo's? It's 1 AM here in Australia and I've only had like 4 hours of sleep in the past 24 hours.

Wait, I just hooked up my laptop to my HDTV and increased the text size of the window. So basically, the IGN stream window is now nearly fullscreen:). Quality only suffers a little.

Gilgamesh

Ydahs said:
So the MS conference was 2 hours? Any idea on the length on Nintendo's? It's 1 AM here in Australia and I've only had like 4 hours of sleep in the past 24 hours.
I remember reading someone post that they were scheduled for an hour.

agm2502

Don't know if its been posted yet but Assassins creed 2 will be demoed at the Sony conference. Maybe exclusivity?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
agm2502 said:
Don't know if its been posted yet but Assassins creed 2 will be demoed at the Sony conference. Maybe exclusivity?
Nah, I wouldn't think so. Maybe exclusive DLC, if that.

Meier

Anyone gonna make the Nintendo thread? Gamespot made you put in an age verification dealie... is Nintendo going to surprise us with something ultra violent?

Where in the heck is the Nintendo conference thread? The guy who started this thread made a big deal about it and here we are 20 mins prior to the show and he's posted nothing.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
agm2502 said:

Very doubtful, they're just highlighting a portion of third party multiplat stuff.

gcubed

are there direct feed links? I cant go through gamespot or whatever from work, but the direct feed into media player usually makes it through, couldnt find it in the handful of pages i checked.

radioheadrule83 said:
Somebody has said to me

there will be TWO Mario games and a Metroid tomorrow. I personally suspect Zelda in place of Metroid if Retro's spin-off project really existed and never really got cancelled.

So here's hoping said person isn't yanking my chain!

Woo for me not knowing a liar!

soco

is it just me or does it seem like there's a lot more 2010 1st party and exclusive games than 2009 ones?

Even MS seemed to show more 2010 stuff than 2009 stuff.

the only real surprises that i know of were from the Nintendo conference with the new metroid and SMG2.

even the FFXIV thing was called beforehand.

traveler

Not Wario
Reposting from Sony thread and conference winner thingy: (Yes, this is my third time posting this, but it seems relevant here as the discussion is going on all over the place :p)

Wow. Just, one hell of an E3.

Sony and MS both had A level conferences- tons of great game footage, motion controls demos that, while embarrassing, at least show some potential, and lots of little online service improvements, with the surprise element taken out by leaks. Nintendo did pretty well, too, playing to their much broader audience and trotting out some major surprises. I think the Metroid announcement was probably the biggest surprise of the whole show.

Sony: A
MS: A
Nintendo: B+

Great, great set of conferences.

Games of the Show thus Far: (IMO) Splinter Cell: Conviction, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Last Guardian

MMaRsu

Great conference overall. Some great games shown I'll pick up for Ps3 when it finally gets a price drop. Motion control looked okay but not as great as Natal ( when they get it working 100% ). Can you imagine using Natal in combination with a regular Xbox 360 controller? RPG's like Oblivion and Fallout could be amazing in combining the two.

Very curious about Agent, MGS on PSP looked cool, but 4 players? Mhh Metal Gear : The Clone Wars confirmed.

As far as conferences go, Ubisoft was the crappiest of all. Nintendo follows closely, they only showed 3 new games ( which looked good ). MS had a load of great games I cannot wait to play! Alan Wake & Splinter Cell look AMAZING!

But so did AC2.

Nintendo : 5/10
Microsoft : 9/10
Sony : 8/10

Blackface

Banned
124g19i.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What upcoming pod casts should I listen to? the conferences were way too hilarious and roller coaster like not to listen to them

Owning only a 360 now of course I was more excited for MS's conference. If I had a PS3 I would be just as excited.
These two consoles are getting some outstanding multiplat games and they both are seeing some great exclusives withing the next year.
As far as waggle/camera I'm leaning towards Natal.

Firestorm

Suikoguy said:
What upcoming pod casts should I listen to? the conferences were way too hilarious and roller coaster like not to listen to them
Listen Up and Giant Bombcast every night this week. Those are GAF's favourites.

Donos

Where are the gifs??? someone start a new thread.

From all host i found Reggie and Cammy were in a really serious mood. no smiling, no joking, nothing. Stiff speaking right out of the "How to present as an CEO" book. MS guys and Tretton/Kaz where mixed with some jokes here and there and Peter Moore was a cool pro like he was giving a wedding speech for his mate.

goldenpp72

sorry if asked, are there no other reveals today? I remember giant bomb said MS was going to announce a game today but, nothing happened. Just curious if anything else is goin on today or later.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
goldenpp72 said:
sorry if asked, are there no other reveals today? I remember giant bomb said MS was going to announce a game today but, nothing happened. Just curious if anything else is goin on today or later.
Perfect Dark XBLA I think it was.

Alright, no reason to create a new thread for this so I will ask in a very active discussion.

What the hell happened to the whole off topic??

google has nothing for me...

I assumed someone would livejournal that shit or something.

Is GAF done with off topic?

Suburban_Nooblet said:
Alright, no reason to create a new thread for this so I will ask in a very active discussion.

What the hell happened to the whole off topic??

google has nothing for me...

I assumed someone would livejournal that shit or something.

Is GAF done with off topic?

It always get shut down during E3 to take the load off the server.

Vitet

It's just two minutes away. I know about a spanish web that claims to be in the event, but they don't have any more info on it

gdt

5:25 p.m.: Matty Boy and Craig have left IGN's war room and headed to the roundtable room, to prepare for the coming meeting of the minds. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a little hyped here -- remember that Pikmin 3 got confirmed at the equivalent event last year, and Smash Bros. Brawl was revealed under similar circumstances a few years back too.

Annnnnddd awaaaaay we go!

w3stfa11

If anyone finds a good YouTube or video link that summarizes each of the conferences (one video for each or one video for all three conferences), let me know, please. Thanks!

beat

So, are there any post-conferences surprises at E3 anymore, or is it all over for the news?

Top Bottom