• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E3 2009 Thread (June 2-4) of Everything's already leaked ;)

Haunted said:
nice try!

Although Konno will never touch Pikmin, we know Retro is not doing Metroid and Genius Sonority (Pokemon :/) would be directly at odds with his "promising" remark. :p

Then again, 12 Wii games and 2 DS(i) games was a ludicrous way to divide resources in the first place. :p

Not 12 Wii Games:

2 new Zeldas (1x Wii and 1x DS)

2 new Marios (1x Wii and 1x DSi exclusive)

1 new Metroid (Prime) (Wii or WiiWare or DS)

1 new Pikmin (Wii)

1 new Super Smash Bros (DS) (with DSi functions)

1 new Trainer for my brain (DSi)

1 new promising Franchise for Veteran-Gamer (Wii)

3 new Motion-Plus games (Donkey Kong, a sport game, cooking game)

plus: Mario and Zelda are Motion-Plus games.

thaOwner said:
Please no GIFS. Let keep this thread as clean as possible.

Yes. Post all the JPEGs you want but GIFs make Safari go batshit.

Use Firefox, I know. I just can't quit you Safari!

Josh7289

DMeisterJ said:
People who have G4 will use G4, and most others will use IGN or Gamespot or GameTrailers. But with lag and such, going the TV route is going to be what I do, even though I'd rather see it in HD on GameTrailers. Just can't risk lag, and or disconnections.
Why don't you just watch the GameTrailers HD stream, then if that dies for you, switch back to your TV as a backup?

DMPrince said:
praying i don't have to work during Microsoft's and Sony's Conference.
Same, but add Nintendo into that list, too.

Roquentin

Press Conferences - CET times:
Monday June 1st, 2009:
  • Microsoft: 19:30 CET
  • Electronic Arts: 23:00 CET
  • Ubisoft: 2:00 CET (June 2nd)

Tuesday June 2nd, 2009:
  • Nintendo: 18:00 CET
  • Sony: 20:00 CET
  • Miyamoto's Roundtable: 3:00 CET (June 3rd)

Wednesday June 3rd, 2009:
  • Square Enix: 20:00 CET
  • Konami: 0:00 CET (June 4th)

GameSpot's E3 Live Demos:
Tuesday June 2nd, 2009:
  • 02:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM GMT / 23:00 CET : The Beatles: Rock Band --- Splinter Cell: Conviction --- Brutal Legend
  • 03:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM GMT / 00:00 CET : Unannounced Title --- Unannounced Title --- God of War III
  • 04:00 PM PT / 12:00 AM GMT / 01:00 CET : Uncharted 2: Among Thieves --- MAG --- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
  • 05:00 PM PT / 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 CET : Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer --- TBA --- Guitar Hero 5
Wednesday June 3rd, 2009:
  • 10:00 AM PT / 06:00 PM GMT / 19:00 CET : Lost Planet 2 --- Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles --- TBA
  • 11:00 AM PT / 07:00 PM GMT / 20:00 CET : Spyborgs --- Tekken 6 --- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
  • 12:00 PM PT / 08:00 PM GMT / 21:00 CET : Pixel Junk Shooter --- Fat Princess --- LittleBigPlanet
  • 01:00 PM PT / 09:00 PM GMT / 22:00 CET : Assassin's Creed 2 --- Rabbids Go Home --- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up
  • 02:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM GMT / 23:00 CET : Red Steel 2 --- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 --- Modern Warfare 2
  • 03:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM GMT / 00:00 CET : Star Wars: The Old Republic --- TBA --- Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 04:00 PM PT / 12:00 AM GMT / 01:00 CET : NCIS --- Halo 3: ODST --- Dead to Rights: Retribution
  • 05:00 PM PT / 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 CET : Unannounced Title --- Unannounced Title --- Dark Void
Thursday June 4th, 2009:
  • 10:00 AM PT / 06:00 PM GMT / 19:00 CET : DC Universe Online --- Singularity --- Army of Two: The 40th Day
  • 11:00 AM PT / 07:00 PM GMT / 20:00 CET : TBA --- Lego Rock Band --- Blur
  • 12:00 PM PT / 08:00 PM GMT / 21:00 CET : Wolfenstein --- Battlefield 1943 --- Need for Speed: Shift
  • 01:00 PM PT / 09:00 PM GMT / 22:00 CET : The Saboteur --- Darksiders --- Supreme Commander 2
  • 02:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM GMT / 23:00 CET : G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra --- Need for Speed: Nitro --- Dead Space Extraction
  • 03:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM GMT / 00:00 CET : TBA --- TBA --- Split/Second
  • 04:00 PM PT / 12:00 AM GMT / 01:00 CET : DJ Hero --- TBA --- TBA
  • 05:00 PM PT / 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 CET : TBA --- TBA

How do I use the Gaf IRC? I've never used IRC before and I'm sure its going to be amazing for e3. Is there going to be a specific one for e3 as well?

Firestorm

WWRU, could you not pimp your own site all over the opening post? Especially considering when I compiled those live streams I specifically didn't put in liveblog links. If you're not live streaming it, don't stick in your liveblog link. Every website that isn't streaming it (and even most of the sites that are streaming) will be liveblogging... I think it's unfair for you to put your liveblog link there when I left so many accomplished sites off.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I hope the big three learned their lessons from the last E3 and put on a decent conference that doesn't totally suck. Slightly optimistic.

Deadly Monk said:
How do I use the Gaf IRC? I've never used IRC before and I'm sure its going to be amazing for e3. Is there going to be a specific one for e3 as well?

Is this still happening or no more e3 IRC?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm not seeing confirmation of this in the OP, but is it really true Nintendo's conference is only half an hour long? That's what Gamespot's email is telling me anyway.

Teknoman

gofreak said:
I'm not seeing confirmation of this in the OP, but is it really true Nintendo's conference is only half an hour long? That's what Gamespot's email is telling me anyway.

Isnt that impossible?

Firestorm

gofreak said:
It's 1 hour long.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Firestorm said:
It's 1 hour long.

I should hope so, at least.

Gamespot have 9.30am - 10:00am on their email about the conferences, which I guess/hope is a mistake.

The other two are pegged at 90 minutes each.

edit - their site says 9.00am, and so does the OP, so 9-10 seems right. Phew!

Firestorm said:
WWRU, could you not pimp your own site all over the opening post? Especially considering when I compiled those live streams I specifically didn't put in liveblog links. If you're not live streaming it, don't stick in your liveblog link. Every website that isn't streaming it (and even most of the sites that are streaming) will be liveblogging... I think it's unfair for you to put your liveblog link there when I left so many accomplished sites off.
It's both, I am just making note of the fact that the liveblog is going to be CoverItLive since people hate F5ing.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
MMaRsu said:
Sony games obviously :).
One of them maybe the secret Capcom game though. ;)
It's about this time that the semi-hype kicks in for me regarding the press conferences. Hopefully MS will deliver with kick ass games tomorrow. Nintendo will do their thing(zerudah wii?!). Sony will then step da fock up and deliver with amazing software as well. <3 E3.

Firestorm

Wii Will Rock U said:
It's both, I am just making note of the fact that the liveblog is going to be CoverItLive since people hate F5ing.
1up and Kotaku also use it for all their liveblogs. Eurogamer uses a slightly different Ajax based system.

sykoex said:
So what's the story on a E3 GAF IRC channel? Truly the most fun part of E3. :)
Be cautious about discussing IRC on GAF. Somewhere in pile of all E3 related threads, there is a warning by mod that posting IRC link will get you banned.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
MirageDwarf said:
Be cautious about discussing IRC on GAF. Somewhere in pile of all E3 related threads, there is a warning by mod that posting IRC link will get you banned.
Oh, I assumed the E3 channel was separate from the super secret one.

Teknoman

MirageDwarf said:

How do we know what room to go to then?

panda21

awesome thread :D thank for putting up the times for gmt, very helpful!

looking forward to checking all the streams in the evenings.

dock

Is there any way that I can cache these up, and start watching them 30 minutes or so later? Which site to people recommend?

Right so the MS press conference is sometime in the afternoon for my gmt time, that's cool, better then 4am like last year :D

I'm officially excited now for E3.

Also can someone PM me the IRC room details? I would like to visit it for the first time over E3 week.

Surely there's no need to be secret with an IRC setup purely for GAF members at E3.

Methinks people are running scared of Evilore for the wrong reasons. But far be it for me to doubt our glorious leader.

Firestorm

TheGreatDave said:
Surely there's no need to be secret with an IRC setup purely for GAF members at E3.

Methinks people are running scared of Evilore for the wrong reasons. But far be it for me to doubt our glorious leader.
I don't think the intended result of the ban was for people to keep going "OMG WHERE IS IRC?". If don't know how to use something as simple as Google, I don't think the channel wants you.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Im not going to even post in here come e3, last year this thread moved way too fast to even pay attention to. You would reply and reload the page only to see it was 6 pages farther along :lol

abstract alien said:
Im not going to even post in here come e3, last year this thread moved way too fast to even pay attention to. You would reply and reload the page only to see it was 6 pages farther along :lol
This year it will be even more crazy. I expect 12 new pages with each refresh if GAF server survives.

Firestorm said:
I don't think the intended result of the ban was for people to keep going "OMG WHERE IS IRC?". If don't know how to use something as simple as Google, I don't think the channel wants you.

Fair enough.

dock said:
Is there any way that I can cache these up, and start watching them 30 minutes or so later? Which site to people recommend?

Can anyone answer this? I have a meeting just before the Microsoft conference, and I think I'll miss it live, but I want to watch the whole thing soon after. Is this possible without G4+Tivo?

Top Bottom