• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E3 2009 Thread (June 2-4) of Everything's already leaked ;)

e3main.jpg

NEOGAF HYPE THREAD 2009

Alright, so if you guys who have been following the thread closely haven't noticed, I had to start from scratch again because all of the work we did disappeared overnight due to a rare database error that meant the bbcode version of what we wrote was officially deleted. That said, I have tried my best to re-compile all of the stuff I had previously in the OP and even more than what I had before. So yeah, E3 is less than a week away, I am excited, Amir0x is excited and all of GAF is pumped beyond belief. EXCITE!

Amir0x said:
Yes, I will be working with Wii Will Rock U on the thread. So, be easy on him ;)

EDIT: OMG E3 IS HERE! :D

GENERAL INFO

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2009:
June 2-4, 2009
L.A. Convention Center
The Exhibitor List
E3 Live Coverage on Kotaku

The E3 '09 GAF Meetup!

FAQS:

Q: What is E3? I feel as though I really should know since GAF keeps going on about it but I have no idea what it is. Help?

A:
ESA said:
E3 Expo is North America's premier computer and video game trade show. It takes place June 2-4, 2009, at the Los Angeles Convention Center. E3 Expo draws tens of thousands of professionals to experience the future of interactive entertainment. The most influential people leading the most innovative companies in the business attend E3 Expo to see groundbreaking new technologies and never-before-seen products for computers, video game consoles, handheld systems and the Internet.

If any of you happen to know of some news or a good session, reach me at my twitter: twitter.com/rdiluigi and I'll be sure to add to the thread!

LIVE FEEDS/ CONFERENCES

img_e3_conference_ad_1.jpg

Firestorm said:
Monday June 1st, 2009
Microsoft: 10:25 AM PT / 1:25 PM ET / 6:25 PM GMT
G4 (Also on TV)
GameTrailers (HD)
Official Xbox Site
IGN
GameSpot

Electronic Arts: 2:00 PM PT / 5:00 PM ET / 10:00 PM GMT
G4 (Also on TV)
GameTrailers (HD)
IGN
GameSpot

Ubisoft: 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET / 1:00 AM GMT
G4 (Also on TV)
GameTrailers (HD)
IGN
GameSpot

Tuesday June 2nd, 2009
Nintendo: 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM GMT
G4 (Also on TV)
GameTrailers (HD)
IGN
GameSpot

Sony: 11:00 AM PT / 2:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM GMT
G4 (Also on TV)
GameTrailers (HD)
IGN
GameSpot

Miyamoto + Nintendo Presentation: 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET / 2:00 AM GMT
No live streams. Hopefully live blogs though. This is where Brawl was shown three years ago. This is where Chris Remo went "Are you making Pikmin 3" and got a reply last year (which was the only relevant news out of Nintendo that show...). So who knows. Maybe something will come of it.

Wednesday June 3rd, 2009
Square Enix: 11:00 AM PT / 2:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM PT
No live streams. At the very least 1up is liveblogging it and the blog sites should obviously be liveblogging too.

Konami: 3:00 PM PT / 6:00 PM ET / 11:00 PM GMT
No live streams. At the very least 1up is liveblogging it and the blog sites should obviously be liveblogging too.

1UP, Gaming Vice, and Kotaku are all using CoverItLive for their live-blogs.

Tips
G4 is your best bet if you can get the channel. It can't really crash and is going to be in pretty good quality. GameTrailers is your best bet if you don't have G4 I think. This is their first year live streaming and they're doing it in HD, so I expect a LOT of traffic there. If it stays up, it'll be the best. However, remember that "HD" for GameTrailers just means 1280x720 with a really bad bitrate. It will still be better quality than any other stream.

Last year, IGN had the best quality stream but it was behind by more than a minute which made talking with others who weren't on the same stream hard. After all, they were already onto the next thing.

GameSpot is usually fairly stable, but crappy quality unless you pay. G4 was my personal favorite but expect commercials at bad times.

GarthVaderUK said:
Conference Times For UK GAF:

Microsoft: Monday, June 1st, 6:25 pm
EA: Monday, June 1st, 10:00 pm
Ubisoft: Tuesday, June 2nd, 1:00 am
Nintendo: Tuesday, June 2nd, 5:00 pm
Sony: Tuesday, June 2nd, 7:00 pm
Miyamoto's Roundtable: Wednesday, June 3rd, 2:00-3:30 am
Square-Enix: Wednesday, June 3rd, 7:00 pm
Konami: Wednesday, June 3rd, 11:00 pm

E3 SUMMARY

This is the section for all the news leading up to and including E3. Will be updated regularly.

The E3 Trailers Thread

For the LULZ: The E3 2009 GAF Photoshop Thread

KEY:

L = Link to an article
Lo = Logo
I = Image
In = Interview
B = Boxart
A = Artwork
P = Press release
V = Video
W = Official website link
T = Thread Discussion
Tw = Twitter

Company Announcements

● Sony will be announcing at least one "fresh new title" for PS3 at E3. We didn't already know this? (T, Tw)
● SEGA's E3 2009 Lineup has been confirmed. (P, T)
● Microsoft has made Zune HD official. It can provide a "game-changing experience" that will be shown off at E3. (L, I, T)
● Electronic Arts have revealed their lineup for E3 and it is MASSIVE. (L, T)
● Square-Enix unveils their E3 lineup. (P, T)
● An enormous Pre-E3 Sony leak: PSP Go, Gran Turismo and Metal Gear for PSP, Slim PS3. (T)
● Pre-E3 Leak: Ubisoft spills quick Splinter Cell Conviction and Assassin's Creed 2 trailers. (L / V, T)
● XSEED Games confirms their E3 2009 lineup. (P / T)

PlayStation 3

● Early internal test footage of the long-awaited Project TRICO leaks onto the internet. (L, V, T)
● Pixeljunk 1-4 has officially been named Pixeljunk Shooter. (L / P, Lo, I, A, W, T)
● EA's cooperative shooter Army of Two: The 40th Day has new media for consumption. (T, I, V)
● Platinum Games' Bayonetta has plenty of T&A to go along with your Kamiya badassery. (V)
● Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain has been illuminated in the latest feature at gametrailers. (V, T)
● Natsume is bringing over the "photography simulator" Afrika to America. (P, L)
● The E3 White Knight Chronicles Trailer! (V)
● Bethesda announced Brink from Splash Damage! (L / V, T)
● The Tekken 6 E3 Trailer! (V)
● Sega has announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. Oh boy. (L, P, W, T)
● Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time Gameplay Trailer! (V, T)
● Final Fantasy VII coming to PSN as a PSOne Classic! (L)
● Gran Turismo 5 announced! (V, T)
● The God of War 3 demo is amazing. (L)
● Final Fantasy XIV announced! PS3/PC Exclusive. 2010! (W, V, I / T)
● Project Trico officially shown, called The Last Guardian. Looks absolutely stunning. (T, P)
● A huge blowout of Sony PS3 news: Motion Control, Rockstar PS3 Project Revealed: Agent, Mod Nation Racers Shown, AC 2 Connectivity, MAG is still massive. (L)

PlayStation Portable

● An enormous Pre-E3 Sony leak: PSP Go, Gran Turismo PSP and Metal Gear PSP. (T)
● LucasArts officially announced Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron for Nintendo DS and PSP. (L, I, W)
● PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe coming to PSP in Q3 2009! (L)
● The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is coming in Autumn 2009. (L, T)
● Some official PSP Go images have leaked. It's pretty gorgeous. (L / I)
● The early June 2009 Qore that leaked which has an in-depth PSP Go segment and the first LittleBigPlanet PSP footage. (V)
● Final Fantasy VII coming to PSN as a PSOne Classic! (L)
● PSP Go officially announced for 249.99. (T)
● Invizimals, a camera add on that acts like the PSEye, for PSP. (L / I, V, T)
● An massive blowout of Sony PSP news: New Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil PSP Titles, Assassin's Creed 2 PSP Connectivity. (L)

Nintendo Wii

● Nintendo announced Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming to the Wii on August 24th. (L, I, W, T)
● High Voltage Games, makers of The Conduit, reveal Gladiator A.D., a brutal action fighting game. (L, I, Lo)
● In other High Voltage Games news, their other future Wii title is The Grinder, a vampires, werewolves and zombies co-operative online shooter. (L, I, T)
● Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, sequel to the critically acclaimed DS title Drawn to Life, was announced. (L, B, W, T)
● Majesco has announced Flip's Twisted World which looks to be a Super Mario Galaxy-inspired platformer scheduled for release in January of 2010. (L, W, T)
● Ubisoft has announced a Wii-exclusive sequel to Shaun White Snowboarding entitled Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage. (L, T)
● Dead Space Extraction has an official release date of September 29, 2009. (L)
● Muramasa: The Demon Blade continues to be awesome and is coming in September. (L)
● Fragile is being localized for North America! Thanks XSEED! (L, I, T)
● Atlus announced Trauma Team for release Spring 2010! (L, Lo, T)
● Monado: Beginning of the World, a Nintendo developed RPG is coming to Wii. (L, I)
● A new No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle trailer! (L, V, T)
● The A Boy and His Blob remake is looking stunning. (L, V, In)
● Wii Fit Plus officially announced. Will be released Fall 2009 bundled with or without the Balance Board. (L, I, Vl)
● New Super Mario Bros. Wii, a four player 2D Mario, announced and confirmed for Holiday 2009 release. (L, I, V)
● Red Steel 2 to be bundled with Wii Motion Plus! (L)
● Super Mario Galaxy 2! Coming in 2010. (L, Lo, I, V, T)
● Iwata's Wii Vitality Sensor will bring a greater sense of relaxation to people in our stressful society. (L)
● Team Ninja and Nintendo announced Metroid: Other M for 2010 on Wii. Looks fucking amazing. (L, Lo, I, V, T)
● Miyamoto announced that a new Legend of Zelda is coming to Wii using MotionPlus. Concept art is shown. (L, Lo / I, T)
● Ransen! POKEMON Scramble for Wiiware has been announced. (V, T, W)

Nintendo DS

● The Another World, the Level-5 and Studio Ghibli's DS RPG announced last year, is looking fantastic and is still slated for a 2009 release. (L, I, W)
● C.O.P: The Recruit, an open world DS game, was announced. (L, I, V)
● LucasArts officially announced Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron for Nintendo DS and PSP. (L, I, W)
● Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, sequel to the critically acclaimed DS title Drawn to Life, was announced. (L, B, W, T)
● WarioWare DIY announced! (L, V, I)
● Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days coming to U.S on Setptember 29th. (L)
● Golden Sun DS revealed! 2010 release! (V, I, T)
● Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story coming to NA and EU in Q3 2009. (L, V, I)
● Summer DSi Update will allow photo upload to Facebook! (L)

Xbox 360

● EA's cooperative shooter Army of Two: The 40th Day has new media for consumption. (T, I, V)
● Yeah, Platinum Games' Bayonetta has plenty of T&A to go along with your Kamiya badassery. (V)
● Bioware's Mass Effect 2 looks incredible, and is sure to fix many of the problems people had with the first if the trailer is anything to go by. (V, T)
● Rockstar announces Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony as part of their DLC exclusivity deal for Microsoft. (P, Lo, T)
● Bioshock 2 has a firm release date of November 3rd. (L)
● The Tekken 6 E3 Trailer! (V)
● Supreme Commander 2 Revealed! (V, T)
● Mear Gear Rising announced. It stars Raiden, not much else is known. (V, A, T)
● Halo Reach announced. Not much is not, except it is about the last holdouts on planet Reach and will be released in 2010. (V, A)
● Halo: ODST was demoed, and it looked pretty fucking rad. (A, V)
● The much rumoured Xbox Live "Motion Camera" has been revealed. Called NATAL, it requires no controller and is much like an advanced EyeToy. (V, T)
● Crysis 2 has officially been announced for PS3, 360 and PC. It will further demonstrate Crytek's capabilities on consoles apparently. (T, P)
● Alan Wake is finally slated for release in Spring 2010. It was demoed on stage and seemed incredibly thrilling. (A, V, I)
● Left 4 Dead 2 is announced for release this winter. Changes include new melee weaponry, special infected and characters. (A, V, I)
● Splinter Cell: Conviction was shown at the event. Looks badass. 360 Exclusive. (A, V, I)
● The GAF favorite is receiving a sequel in Crackdown 2. Almost nothing is known about it as a CG teaser was shown. (A, I)
● Final Fantasy XIII was demoed at the Microsoft event, with a tentative release window of Spring 2010. Cross your fingers. (A, V)
● Forza 3 looks insanely feature packed. With over 400 cars from 50 different manufacturers, it is being heralded as THE sim racing event of the generation for 360. (A, I)
● Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is not only looking insane, it's also getting exclusive DLC on the 360. (A, I, V)
● Rock Band: Beatles is set to bring the iconic group to your music gaming love. (V)
● Microsoft will have a Games-on-Demand service starting in August. (T, I)

iPhone

● 8bitone, by Japanese developer Yudo, lets you arrange your own chiptune soundtracks on the fly. Available on the App Store in June. (L, V, W)
● Mass Effect Galaxy, a prequel to ME2, is coming to iPhone! (L, I)
● The Sims 3 iPhone version is really shaping up. (L)

PC

● Natural Selection 2 is coming this year! (L, V, W, T)
● Supreme Commander 2 Revealed! (V, T)
● Crysis 2 has officially been announced for PS3, 360 and PC. (T, P)
● Left 4 Dead 2 is announced for release this winter. Changes include new melee weaponry, special infected and characters. (A, V, I)
● EA and Realtime Worlds' APB looks to revolutionize creativity in MMO gaming. (L)

PODCASTS

Audio:

ListenUP (Previously 1up Yours): Nightly E3 Podcasts, packed with special guests and developers.

Vice Weekly: Nightly E3 Podcasts (co-hosted by yours truly), lots of impressions and first-hand experience.

Button Masher: Audio and Video Podcasts from the show hosted by GAF's own Brianemone and feep.

Giant Bomb: 4 or 5 Podcasts during E3. Giant Bomb is always funny!

Video:

CO-OP (From the makers of the 1up Show): 3 E3 Podcasts and E3 Specials!

CONCLUSION?

Prepare for what is going to be an absolutely killer E3 (and the first E3 I'll be at)!

thGetYoPopcornReady.gif
thGetYoPopcornReady.gif
thGetYoPopcornReady.gif

But wait! How do we know there is stuff to be EXCITE about?

Hype Levels Reach Code Orange

Microsoft's Don Mattrick says the Xbox 360 maker is "gearing up for a big presence at E3 which will completely transform how people think about home entertainment."

Holy crap. "We're excited about the momentum that is building in the industry in anticipation of our June 1st media briefing, which will kick off E3 in blockbuster style," Microsoft's hype ringmaster and senior vice president for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft says.

Sony and Nintendo are a bit more measured in their anticipation of the event.
"Sony Computer Entertainment America is looking forward to another great showing at this year's E3 Expo," said Jack Tretton, president and CEO of SCEA. "The audience of North American-based and foreign media and key industry partners makes E3 Expo an ideal place for us to unveil the latest PlayStation news and products at our press event on June 2."

"Nintendo has been a long time attendee of E3 and it has our full support," added Reggie Fils-Aime, president and COO, Nintendo of America. "E3 brings a wide variety of key audiences into contact with products from many companies, including Nintendo. It's the place where creativity is on display, and as a ‘sneak peak' for our entire industry it helps generate excitement for gamers around the world."
Nintendo has been promising a show for the hardcore, rumors are rampant that Sony will make this their biggest in 11 years and Microsoft has been going on about how they will have a huge game-changer at the show. Add to that the big teasers and countdown clocks flying around the internet and E3's track record. We're going to have a big show and shit is going to hit the fan.

If you have any last minute predictions for what we'll see, post 'em here so when we're wrong, we can all mutually make fun of each other and when someone is right we can hail them as an industry insider.

whitehawk

Banned
Why was the other one locked?
Oh ok I get it.

Also, so hyped for E3. We better get some Perfect Dark or Killer Instinct.

Nice thread :)

DMeisterJ

Banned
I really don't care about this thread, I just hope WWRU does another one of the dramatic readings like the Nintendo GDC one. I laughed for days!

Also:

GO PSP go!

Oh, and good work! :)

Guled

I won't be on the comp while the conferences are going on, so whats the best way to follow them on my iphone?

AndyD

aka andydumi
whitehawk said:
Why was the other one locked?
Oh ok I get it.

Also, so hyped for E3. We better get some Perfect Dark or Killer Instinct.

Nice thread :)

I don't get it yet.

Also, why does it say June2-4 when a lot of the talks are on the 1st? Are they jumping the gun?

AndyD

aka andydumi
whitehawk said:
great, thanks.
It may be nice to post a link to the trailers thread. I don't see one up there. I know each thing has links, but that thread is a nice compilation of just the various trailers.

thaOwner

BlazingDarkness said:
lol, the PSP section seems to be missing some things :D
The company section is also unnecessary. Just put those said announcements under the consoles/portables and we good to go. Example;

XSEED lineup is mostly Wii and DS games, why not just put it under the DS and Wii sections ?

Eurogamer will be doing live text feeds of all the conferences, by the way, and are a good fall-back/complement to streams of the conference. They do the best live text.

Neomoto

Miyamoto's Roundtable
Tuesday, June 2nd
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM

Wait.. what? What is this all about? Why do I not know this :p

Conference times for German GAF:

Microsoft: Montag, 1. Juni, 19:30 Uhr
EA: Montag, 1. Juni, 22:00 Uhr
Ubisoft: Dienstag, 2. Juni, 2:00 Uhr
Nintendo: Dienstag, 2. Juni, 18:00 Uhr
Sony: Dienstag, 2. Juni, 20:00 Uhr
Miyamoto's Roundtable: Mittwoch, 3. Juni, 3:00-4:30 Uhr
Square-Enix: Mittwoch, 3. Juni, 20:00 Uhr
Konami: Donnerstag, 4. Juni, 0:00 Uhr

DMeisterJ

Banned
Neomoto said:
Miyamoto's Roundtable
Tuesday, June 2nd

Last year this is when Pikmin 3 was 'announced'.

AndyD said:
Also, why does it say June2-4 when a lot of the talks are on the 1st? Are they jumping the gun?

Cause the official date of E3 is June 2-4, just that some conferences are on the first.

No_Style

Neomoto said:
Miyamoto's Roundtable
Tuesday, June 2nd

Annual meet up with Miyamoto and crew. This was the meeting which gave us the Pikmin 3 confirmation.

Edit: Beaten by a cat with a hat!

Kolgar

Welp, I took off from work Monday and Tuesday just for this (and I won't even be there in person). It's going to be like Christmas in June! :lol

nli10

Shake Appeal said:
Eurogamer will be doing live text feeds of all the conferences, by the way, and are a good fall-back/complement to streams of the conference. They do the best live text.

Thanks - this is what I'm doing!

Can always watch the good bits on the vids later.

Neomoto

No_Style said:
Annual meet up with Miyamoto and crew. This was the meeting which gave us the Pikmin 3 confirmation.

Edit: Beaten by a cat with a hat!

DMeisterJ said:
Last year this is when Pikmin 3 was 'announced'.
Ah thanks. I forgot about that, should expect nothing of it though. Unless they pull another "Brawl trailer reveal" again. ;-)

Bernbaum

Wow, this E3 is gonna deliver.

Imagine: this year's E3 with the current level of hype, but with the same limited amount of announcements and unveilings as last year. The industry and GAF would implode with dissapointment.

Epcott

Can we get this stickied?

In case it gets bumped to page 45 amist all the announcements and what not when the expo starts?

Bernbaum

Yeah I'm kinda hoping this thread gets stickied, as well as the video thread that got bloated with 'wow thx', and hopefully not the Twitter thread.

DMeisterJ

Banned
E3 would have been amazing if all of these announcements actually came about during the conference. I'm not sure where I read it at before, but E3 is more like a time of the year, like the holiday season. So many companies do Pre-E3 previews on purpose, and leaks, and instead of just being two days, it's more like the month preceding the two days. I kinda like it. It makes waking up every day exciting cause you never know what was leaked. Waking up to confirmation of PSP go yesterday was awesome cause I didn't expect that until Tuesday.

ReiGun

After last year's E3 bored me to tears, I told myself I wasn't gonna get hyped this year. And yet, thanks to all the leaks and what not, here I am, hype approaching critical levels.

Let's do this shit.:D

Top Bottom