• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E3 2009 Thread (June 2-4) of Everything's already leaked ;)

Nuclear Muffin said:
How was Gamespot's feed of the Microsoft conference? Was it stable? Did it look good?

IGN's MS feed was absolutely useless, it conked out 20mins into the vid! (Thank goodness for the official xbox.com feed!) I don't wanna face that happen again with the other conferences :lol
I came in, 40mins into the microsoft feed and it was fine for me.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
There seemed to be some massive ball-dropping going on with some of the streams this year. I had to switch around a number of times. Streams didn't load when they were supposed to. GameTrailers didn't even seem to join the party until well into the conference.

Maybe it's just the weight of more and more people watching every year?

ZeoVGM

Banned
rhfb said:
It's nice that g4 is showing the conferences 2 hours late today. Ms was a 4 hour delay.

Any idea if Sony and nintendo will have their own streams like ms did yesterday?

Uhm, what? Microsoft's conference had no such delay.

JimiNutz

Banned
Is anybody having real problems with ign streaming?

Before the MS conference started it was running so smoothly on my PC that I decided to upgrade to insider to get the best quality.
Somehow the stupid player that you have to install to watch the streams just stopped working on my PC and completely freezes my browser. I've tried it with both IE and Firefox and it makes no difference whether I'm using the high quality insider only stream, or the low quality free stream, it still freezes and crashes.

The strange thing is it was working PERFECTLY to begin with.

I'm having Christmas Eve-like sleep issues here. It's sad. :lol

How are the other streams besides IGN? I missed the MS conference, but I definitely won't miss Nintendo and Sony. If I can't trust any others to not crap out I might have to go with Gamestop's really low quality stream.

Erebus

For me, Gamespot had the most stable stream during the Microsoft conference. Gametrailers was constantly buffering and didn't give me any image whatsoever. IGN had crisp video quality but as always it was several mins behind Gamespot. Eventually, I sticked with Gamespot.:D

If it matters, Gametrailers' stream was working fine during the Ubisoft Conference but I imagine that the traffic on the site at that time was nowhere close to the Microsoft conference hours.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
A friend of mine told me that GameTrailers had the best stream today. He mentioned that other streams were just getting cut off or buffering too much. Now I'm reading a lot of you guys were having trouble with the GameTrailers one...ha, that's a major trip.

Yeah, IGN stream was crap beyond Modern Warefare 2 footage and I'm insider with a good internet connection, Gamespot was great, the quality goes up and high now and then but is normal. Also I notice that IGN stream was 1-2 minutes late.

Gowans

I love all this E3 news but I'm getting lost on when all these announcements, games and features are going to be with us.

Maybe a thread detailing the release dates in order could help? or in the op here?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
They don't sound very certain about it, but MCV says their 'sources' are telling them Sony will be showing off a 'wand-like' peripheral today.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34538/Sony-unveiling-new-motion-sensing-controller-tonight

Sony will unveil its own competitor to the Wii Remote controller at its E3 conference this evening, according to our sources.

Allegedly the format-holder has already briefed developers on the device.

Like I say, though, they don't sound very commital about it.

Hey Guys,

Right off the bat, let me clear up: Microsoft did not go as we would have liked during the live broadcast.

In Short. MS Webcasting Provisions = Bad. IGN's HD Satellite = Amazing.

We were not able to stream it via HD satellite like we are Nintendo and Sony tomorrow. Unfortunately, at Microsoft, we were given very little time and not the provisions we asked for. This all hampered the experienced. We are very sorry, and equally frustrated. We spent a lot of time, money, and resources to prepare for the BEST in E3 live streaming, but as I said, Microsoft was not able to provide us what we needed.

If you are watching our HD rebroadcast right now, that's what you should have gotten. Looks great, no?

Nintendo and Sony are 100% set up and I assure you, you don't want to miss those streams on IGN. Trust me, we want exactly what you want and tomorrow. If you tune into Nintendo's stream and find there is a better web experience out there, I will eat my own hand.

If you have the right connection, you'll get it up to 2400kbps as an IGN Insider. Same for Sony.

Seeing is believing. http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009

IGN response.

Erebus

jorma said:
Doesnt read like it. What do you think the reason for that is?

Except for the obvious delay, what else went wrong yesterday on IGN's stream? The quality was far superior from any other stream. I don't get why they issued this response if they don't apologize for the delay. :S

Barrett2

Can't believe im' gonna have to miss the Nintendo conference. After seeing those booth pics of Sin & Punishment 2 and NSMB2(?) I am in full excite mode. :D

So I barely managed to sleep last night. Partially to do with keeping backwards sleep hours lately, partially to do with laying awake trying to tell myself "dude stop being so hyped this is ridiculous."

If I don't employ special measures my eyelids are gonna get real heavy. Still have to be awake for 9 more hours to get through the Sony conference. Does GAF have any tips for managing to stay awake?

luffeN

DarkUSS said:
Except for the obvious delay, what else went wrong yesterday on IGN's stream? The quality was far superior from any other stream. I don't get why they issued this response if they don't apologize for the delay. :S
well, as for my IGN insider stream, it stalled after 20 minutes and never went back on again

eso76

so, i believe the show opens to the press in a few hours and that's when we can expect footage of games from the showfloor, right ?

Cygnus X-1

For Microsoft conference I did not find the link to the conference on Gametrailers. There was only a blank page with "no results". Where is the link actually?

hiryu2015

I was not excited for E3 but hanging out in the hype train terminal [Gaming side, it has been awhile] is too much. Thankfully I came down with something and might get to watch the two big conferences live. I hope the feed issues that I read about are worked out.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Kogepan said:
Maybe if the 360 had a browser they wouldn't need to waste time with special 'facebook applications'. All the garbage I hear about 'MS better not be wasting time on a useless browser' here on GAF yet some craptastic Facebook app gets kudos??

yeh, SC:C looks awesome, so does forza. Natal stuff not so much...

I wanted to say the same thing. A browser would eliminate the need for facebook, last.fm and all the other stuff that is now hailed as awesome.

Forza and SC look great indeed. And I like that mini cart game they showed.

IGN stream well but had two flaws, being 2-3 minutes behind (I don't mind that much, but irc did) and they had left speaker only mono sound (problem their end?), in the end someone on justin.tv was streaming his tv showing G4 and it was the best overall, hope he does it again today for Nintendo and Sony.

Facebook on the PS3 / Wii browsers is crap. Think of them in relation to the iPhone adverts
"There's an app for that"

Have the apps on iPhone could be done with sites on the regular browser, but the apps are often better customised for the phone experience. Its the same thing with Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm on 360

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I would like to download the Microsoft conference, anyone have a decent link in which to do it from.

Blablurn

Rikyfree said:
Old?

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2009-06-02-god-of-war-main_N.htm

if true, the key words in the article are "due this fall"

6g01bw9.gif

GCX

I think USA Today has leaked news few hours before conference other years too though usually it's been Nintendo stuff.

So yeah, I'd say it's true.

Donos

Fall release ? Nice.

I like this sentence
"The game will be officially unveiled today during the Electronic Entertainment Expo."

Tobor

:lol I'm such a dork. I purchased the inflight wifi because I don't want to miss anything.

Hello from the sky, GAF.

Ydahs

Wait, you need IGN Insider to view the IGN live stream in widescreen? Well, I guess I'll stick to the Gamespot stream or possibly even the G0Nintendo stream for the Nintendo conference.

E-phonk

Banned
Ydahs said:
Wait, you need IGN Insider to view the IGN live stream in widescreen? Well, I guess I'll stick to the Gamespot stream or possibly even the G0Nintendo stream for the Nintendo conference.
IGN (free livestream) had the best quality yesterday though.

Tobor

radioheadrule83 said:
Commitment man, its good!
I'd of done the same

I have to say, it's super fast. Now I just need my Macbook battery to hold out, so I can get my $10 worth.

Tobor said:
:lol I'm such a dork. I purchased the inflight wifi because I don't want to miss anything.

Hello from the sky, GAF.

Dang, how much was that?

EDIT: nevermind, $10 ain't bad at all, especially if it's a long flight.

Top Bottom