• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm Lucian cat. Been here forever. Glad I still have my tag.

And in true me style I'm at the top of the page 😒

Last edited:

TheSweeper

Hi all, I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join. I have 3 kids, and have been an avid gamer for most of my life.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Hello I am me pleased to meet you all.
Been here for a while. Nearly ten years.
Where is my GAF gold ?

Like video games , Nintendo fan here.

Didn’t say fanboy.
Mostly I play switch and 3DS games.
Love retro games and quirky games.
The 360 was one of the best consoles last gen IMO.

Miss the old sega dream cast era

Been playing video games from the coleco intellivison/2600 to today.
Pc owner back in the day (around quake and unreal tornament)
Not much free time to play game so handheld is for me.

Introduction complete

Last edited:

jdforge

Is this really a competition? Want me to add I was a lurker for 4 or more years before joining?

I just checked my account and I joined here 14 years ago. I must be considered a Gaf-elder now or something?

I’m sure there are others here from before 2004.

It's Jeff

Banned
Hi, I'm Jeffrey.

Lurked for years, mostly like to read the threads but with the way the forum has become more open, I'd like to paticipate more.

I'm a MWD field engineer, so I'm stuck in front of a computer screen at an oilfield for 12 hours at a time. Yes, the oil industry is as evil, racist, and misoginistic as you think. Yes, there is payola and nudie girl calendars all over and I don't condone any of it.

Hadn't been much for portable gaming, but I picked up a switch on my last days off. It's like they crafted this thing with my career in mind. Bless this thing, it's kept me from going bananas.

Love the new community so far. Thanks!

Tekkie

Hi I'm Tekkie, it may seem from my profile that I've only been here for roughly 5 years, but I'm actually a 1000 year old GAF dragon.

Yes, this is the best my humour has to offer and no you don't wanna see it at its worst, but you're likely going to at some point. Also I'm from the Netherlands, kind of a weeb in my gaming tastes and mostly stick to Playstation and Nintendo consoles.

I also always adored Klonoa, 2 especially, hence the avatar.

God Enel

I'm a MWD field engineer, so I'm stuck in front of a computer screen at an oilfield for 12 hours at a time. Yes, the oil industry is as evil, racist, and misoginistic as you think. Yes, there is payola and nudie girl calendars all over and I don't condone any of it.

Love the new community so far. Thanks!

HA maybe you should do an AMA 😄
just joking

Welcome to you and all the new members. :)

CoolNameGuy91

Neo Member
I'm in my mid-twenties and have been playing video games since I was like 3 or 4, aside from a short, dumb "all the things I did as a kid are only for kids and there for dumb" phase in my teens.

Unlike many here, I've only been lurking in the couple days between registering and getting approved. I just wanted to find a forum-ey type place and this seemed like the biggest that I could fit into.

As far as video games go, l have varied taste and have favorites in many genres, but if I had to pick favorites I'd go with RPGs and Platformers. Some of my favorites are Mass Effect, KOTOR, Crash Bandicoot, Shin Megami Tensei, Mega Man X, the Halo trilogy, Tekken, Pokemon, Darkstalkers, most Obsidian games, Baldur's Gate, Metroid Prime, Portal, Tetris, Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter III, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Banjo, Dec Jam: Fight for NY, Suikoden II, Dino Crisis 2, most quality sports games, Gears of War, Sims, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Gradius, Shovel Knight, Painkiller, Mario World 1 and 2 and Galaxy, Crazy Taxi, Civilization, I got carried away.

I also enjoy Animation, Manga/Comic Books, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, reading, bit of a music nerd, sarcasm, puns, and Monty Python-esque dry humor, and being worse at talking about myself than just listing stuff

Anyway, thanks for having me

Last edited by a moderator:
My name isn't actually Cloud and I'm not formerly a member of SOLDIER, I was a regular over at 1up.com and then joined here on GAF years later filling the message board void in my life. I've been a gamer going on about 30 years, been collecting for about as long, always down to chat gaming stuff and I do tshirt design on the side under 'The Yellow Snow co.'

Last edited:

nemiroff

Hello world! I'm an older "gamer" with a three year old son. I'm an UX Engineer / Developer in the tech industry, and I'm having a blast with that. I've been posting on forums (mostly gaming related) for more than twenty years. I love life, but sometimes forget because of lengthy medical records.

Currently
Playing: Cities Skylines, and Project Cars 2 (VR)
Reading: 12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson
Watching: The Grand Tour, and hopefully finishing the movie "Annihilation" on Netflix later this evening

My name is Northeastmonk, but my name is Trey. I'm a resident of Nebraska. I've played video games since I was 5. I grew up getting my friends into video games. So much so that some of them tracked me down and gave me a boxed Nintendo 64 this year.

I started online looking at GameFAQs and IGN in the late 90's. I met some awesome friends on The-Magixbox because I've always been obsessed with games from Japan. I use to write my own reviews, but that tapered off. The admin there had to manage his busy life, so the news I once relied upon wasn't there anymore. I am one of those people who also loved G4. I even followed Rev3 until they shut down. Around that time I learned about NeoGAF and I was happy when I got my membership approved. It's been a home away from home. I've been following the industry news and playing games ever since. I've made accounts at various sites and groups. And it's not for trolling purposes, but mainly because I'm legitimately interested in their content.

I work for a CPA firm that doubles as an MSP. I work with computers everyday. I'm married as of 2017 and I have a step daughter who I play games with now. Her dad also games, so it's been interesting. Her favorite games are anything with zombies.

Hello, I'm Halfman, The Imp. I have been lurking neogaf since 2013. I decided to join this forum because it seem to be less elitist/excluyent. Currently playing Street Fighter V AE and Dark Souls 3. Also, English is not my first language (sorry in advance).

Hi, my name is Damien Crowley, or Mr. Crowley, or Krauli... I like Batman... and videogames... and movies...and comics... and music... and a bit of art... and food...
GAF got me with the PC-Screenshot-Threads and the Gaming-Setup-Threads, also it helped me to "hack" the NES- and SNES-mini respectively.
I still like those gaming threads. I don't like the politics threads (because of reasons) in the gaming-forums-part. I only could become a member because of the death and revival of the site.

Hey guys
to introduce myself
i collect video game paraphernalia
I prefer the Vita to the 3DS
Blackberry made the greatest phones of all time
college student majoring in accounting

ConkConk95

Neophyte
I just joined recently and wanted to say hi to everyone :). I'm a big fan of Dead Space and played all of the games on my PS3, but I'm recently trying to get the games on my Origin account so I could play them on the go when I can. I look forward to talking to you all in the future, thanks for reading this and I hope you have a great day.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I just joined recently and wanted to say hi to everyone :). I'm a big fan of Dead Space and played all of the games on my PS3, but I'm recently trying to get the games on my Origin account so I could play them on the go when I can. I look forward to talking to you all in the future, thanks for reading this and I hope you have a great day.
Hi. Dead Space has come up for free on Origin’s “On the House” promotion more than once, if you are willing to wait until the next time.

ConkConk95

Neophyte
Hi. Dead Space has come up for free on Origin’s “On the House” promotion more than once, if you are willing to wait until the next time.
Yeah, I missed it by a day unfortunately 🙁. Dead Space showed up there twice already, but it was almost 4 years apart from one another. I don’t think I can wait that long. I did found a thread on here that has some extra Dead Space Origin game codes on here. However, I seem to be having trouble private messaging the ModBot 😅.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah, I missed it by a day unfortunately 🙁. Dead Space showed up there twice already, but it was almost 4 years apart from one another. I don’t think I can wait that long. I did found a thread on here that has some extra Dead Space Origin game codes on here. However, I seem to be having trouble private messaging the ModBot 😅.
I’m not 100% sure, but I think ModBot has been dead since the forum transitioned to the new layout. I’m sure an admin/mod will answer your query in the feedback thread eventually.

ConkConk95

Neophyte
I’m not 100% sure, but I think ModBot has been dead since the forum transitioned to the new layout. I’m sure an admin/mod will answer your query in the feedback thread eventually.
I guess that kinda makes sense now lol. I did post a reply on that thread a few days ago and so far no one has replied to my query yet. I do hope you are right and that a admin/mod can help me out in some way. I’m wanting to hunt down some necromorphs on my PC 😁.

skrinkle

Banned
Hi I’m skrink and I think this forum is sexist af. It’s bs my posts have to wait for days to be posted and then some of em are deleted without notice or reason. I made a post about how I thought a thread was sexist propaganda and it disappeared hmmmm I wonder why. Didn’t I read in the news y’all are some of the worst people in the gaming community? Guess this post will never make it to the boards tho cuz you’ll delete it to manipulate your “new” reputation.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Hi I’m skrinkle.
Hi, to correct you, you used to be skrinkle.
I think this forum is sexist af.
I can assure that this forum is not sexist in any way because each and every one of our members have their own views on the world rather than there being a single less than positive viewpoint. Of course, if somebody was to post discriminatory statements of any kind on here then you could have easily countered what they were saying and/or reported those comments as comments of that kind aren't actually allowed to be posted in this community.
It’s bs my posts have to wait for days to be posted and then some of em are deleted without notice or reason.
No, you have at no point "waited days" for one of your posts in the approval queue.
I made a post about how I thought a thread was sexist propaganda and it disappeared
No, you did not make a post on how you thought a thread was sexist.
hmmmm I wonder why.
No, you do not wonder why it disappeared.
Didn’t I read in the news y’all are some of the worst people in the gaming community?
Did you read in the news that we are some of the worst people in the gaming community? We wouldn't know as you didn't take the time to grace us with news of anything that you have ever done or would ever like to have done.
Guess this post will never make it to the boards tho cuz you’ll delete it to manipulate your “new” reputation.
Guess again, artist formally known as skrinkle.

Your post has indeed made it to the very boards that you believed it wouldn't make it to and it will be used for nothing more than to explain to you why your previous posts didn't "make it to the board", just in case you somehow didn't understand the first few times these things were explained to you.

Well, it will actually also be used to perhaps allow our other "not the worst people in the gaming community" members to raise a smile from your incredibly brief sojourn to this community that you appear to have put far too much effort into joining considering your absolute disdain for us and to also demonstrate to anybody else thinking about joining up merely to act like a complete dick that maybe it isn't really worth their effort.

I do thank you for your time, don't worry about locking the door behind you, I've already done that for you.

I had thought that I had posted in this thread previously but reviewing my post history says otherwise. I am a 40 year old US Army vet, husband and father. I love games for the escapism they provide me from the real world and play them for fun rather than competition. Hi all, I hope to have some good discussion with you all as we work to rebuild this place!

I migrated over to resetera like a lot of folks did but have been extremely turned off by their moderation policies. I am glad that NeoGAF is doing it's best to bring back open discourse as long as it is respectful.

mizushinzui

Neo Member
I've literally never posted on this site before, but I just got my account approved and so this seemed like the best place to start.

I'm a 25 year old from the UK, currently a freelance writer who doesn't make enough money. I love video games, board games and other assorted tabletop fun, I collect retro video games and board/card games as well as make videos on youtube with my Wife and Dog.

Haven't been a regular member of a forum since I was a teenager and that was only for one gloriously social summer I spent mainly in my mom's dining room at the house's only computer going on a website called Gamefray with a hilariously embarrassing username.

Looking forward to spending some time here. First order of business: sort out an avatar

Melon

Banned
I wish my introduction post was something more elaborate and interesting - like some big flashy sign that catches the eye; but I suck at those kinds of things so we're stuck with this lackluster post instead!

Terrible excuse for humor aside, it's great to meet you all. My username is Melancholy, but you can call me Melon (if you wish)! I'm a nineteen-year-old college student from the US who probably has too much time on their hands. My hobbies include but are not limited to: drawing, getting my characters killed in stupid ways while playing D&D, reading Elder Scrolls lore religiously, and watching the occasional anime.

I'm very new to this forum, but I hope to read some interesting topics and (hopefully) make a few friends along the way.

Hi. I'm a retro and newtro(?) gamer with NES cart-colored walls

I first saw Super Mario Bros on the NES when I was 3. Probably my earliest memory. A neighbor's house. A dead-head burnout kinda guy, I think. Maybe my memory is screwing up that part, but the Super Mario Bros part, I vividly remember.

I'm 35. I strike a good balance between work and play, though I'd be lying if I pretended not to be thinking about The Commonwealth and Hyrule most days. The Vault-Boy bobble-head statue on my desk is a constant reminder, but I put it there, so, my fault. I like my job, though.

I spend most evenings, after my kids are in bed, playing games and watching YouTube videos from videogame channels. That's 95% of my media intake. Seriously. I watch Family Guy and The Last Man on Earth, but even then I'm thinking about games.

Over the past year or so I've dabbled in C# and Unity in hopes of making a game someday. So far, I've just cloned simple single screen shooters (think Brick Breaker and Galaga).

I've podcasted and Youtubed over the years. Podcast content varied from humor with a friend (Important Question? Podcast) to an audio diary about my time learning Unity (The Deaf Duck Podcast) to my current podcast about video games (Masters of Unlocking). Youtube content is also video game related. No let's plays or unboxings. I enjoying watching that content, but I think it's better that people who are passionate about creating that content do so. I focus on editorials and reviews.

I'm hoping to simply have some fun conversations here, maybe participate in media (videos, podcasts) if people have the desire to share sound and/or screen space with me.

Oh, and the title of this post? Here's proof:
ncuKQB6m.jpg

56fY2agm.jpg

01cyI7Wm.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hi. I'm a retro and newtro(?) gamer with NES cart-colored walls

I first saw Super Mario Bros on the NES when I was 3. Probably my earliest memory. A neighbor's house. A dead-head burnout kinda guy, I think. Maybe my memory is screwing up that part, but the Super Mario Bros part, I vividly remember.

I'm 35. I strike a good balance between work and play, though I'd be lying if I pretended not to be thinking about The Commonwealth and Hyrule most days. The Vault-Boy bobble-head statue on my desk is a constant reminder, but I put it there, so, my fault. I like my job, though.

I spend most evenings, after my kids are in bed, playing games and watching YouTube videos from videogame channels. That's 95% of my media intake. Seriously. I watch Family Guy and The Last Man on Earth, but even then I'm thinking about games.

Over the past year or so I've dabbled in C# and Unity in hopes of making a game someday. So far, I've just cloned simple single screen shooters (think Brick Breaker and Galaga).

I've podcasted and Youtubed over the years. Podcast content varied from humor with a friend (Important Question? Podcast) to an audio diary about my time learning Unity (The Deaf Duck Podcast) to my current podcast about video games (Masters of Unlocking). Youtube content is also video game related. No let's plays or unboxings. I enjoying watching that content, but I think it's better that people who are passionate about creating that content do so. I focus on editorials and reviews.

I'm hoping to simply have some fun conversations here, maybe participate in media (videos, podcasts) if people have the desire to share sound and/or screen space with me.

Oh, and the title of this post? Here's proof:
ncuKQB6m.jpg

56fY2agm.jpg

01cyI7Wm.jpg
Hi. Very clever shelving you have there. Make it yourself? (The Mario pipe ones)

Last edited:

Carl

Hi. I'm Carl. My real name is Carl.

I've been here for about 11 years though i usually read more than i post.

My favourite game ever is MGS1. Shadow of The Colossus is up there somewhere too. I game on Playstation (though i was Nintendo until PS2)

My current most anticipated games are Spiderman and Detroit: Become Human!

Last edited:
Hi. I'm Carl. My real name is Carl.

I've been here for about 11 years though i usually read more than i post.

My favourite game ever is MGS1. Shadow of The Colossus is up there somewhere too. I game on Playstation (though i was Nintendo until PS2)

My current most anticipated games are Spiderman and Detroit: Become Human!
54b.jpg

Sorry. First thing I thought when I read Carl.

Welcome! Have you read either of the Boss Fights Books for MGS1 or Shadow of the Colossus? Both are really good books. Recommended. I did reviews of them on my YouTube channel, if you are interested.

Carl

Welcome! Have you read either of the Boss Fights Books for MGS1 or Shadow of the Colossus? Both are really good books. Recommended. I did reviews of them on my YouTube channel, if you are interested.
I haven't but they're something I've been meaning to buy for a whole. I've heard really good things about both!

Panda1

Banned
Hi guys! I am 40 from London have lived in the USA as well.
I love mario kart and street fighter 2, but unfortunately have been lost to Dota!

Longtime lurker and not quite 40! I hale from regions unknown, the South. I love JRPGs, Dark Souls series, fighting games and the husk of a franchise Formerly known as Mass Effect. I love the Xbox One X but started this gen with the PS4 which has been relegated to the many excellent exclusives. I love Star Wars and consume all forms of new canon media. I have a growing collection of arcade sticks.

I stand by the opinion that Mass Effect Andromeda has a trash tier story. I've read the prequel book that nearly put me to sleep. It does zero to save it. Hoping for a renaissance over there at Bioware.

Last edited:

Livia

Hello! Just wondering when you can create your own threads? Do you have to be a member for several months or something else?

Top Bottom