• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Antoon

Banned
Wow, after lurking here for like 10 years (thanks to the Smash Brawl hype thread), I am finally a member. Kinda surreal.
Anyway, I'm a traditional animator (living in Estonia) and also in game dev. as a hobby. I dunno if I should post my animation stuff here, so maybe there's gonna be an opportunity for that sometime. Nice to meet you all!

Last edited:

El_Belmondo

Hey there! I've been lurking GAF since the Gamecube days and my registration has been refused so many times, but i'm finally here.

Nintendo fan and PC+Retro gamer. Coder in training, fanfic writer, and Castlevania+Pokémon fan. Also ex-vg journalist, tired of all that shit. Not a fan of politics, but also not a fan of right leaning bullshit. Give me games and make me happy.

Last edited:

Oheao

Banned
Hey, I don't really plan on posting much here (I mainly joined to PM some people), but I guess I may as well post here while I'm at it. I also can't figure out what the requirement is to be able to PM people.

Chicagavocado

Neo Member
Hello ladies and gents. Only been a lurker for a bit. Definitely was looking for a place to discuss the current comings and goings of all things entertainment, specifically related to games of video.

Use to build PCs in the early aughts. Then like a lot of folks migrated away from that and hopped on the console band wagon. A few years ago, built my first PC in a long while. Still running strong and is now back to being my gaming preference. Not sure what my point there was... but either way, excited to continue to lurk and hopefully contribute in some fashion to the community.

tomiguelk

Neo Member
Hello, I've been watching the forum for some years. I'm a veterinarian from Portugal. I'm addicted to gaming, weight lifting, and unhealthy food. Currently I play on PC and recently bought a PS4 for Boodborne, God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2. I have the 2 most amazing kids in the world and according to my wife I'm the laziest man that has ever set foot in this planet. Pleasure to become part of this community. Thanks

Hello, I've been watching the forum for some years. I'm a veterinarian from Portugal. I'm addicted to gaming, weight lifting, and unhealthy food. Currently I play on PC and recently bought a PS4 for Boodborne, God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2. I have the 2 most amazing kids in the world and according to my wife I'm the laziest man that has ever set foot in this planet. Pleasure to become part of this community. Thanks
Welcome. We are glad to have you here.

olimariOA

Banned
Hey y'all!

I work in the arts and have a dog and a toddler.
I just got PSVR and Astro Bot is better than Mario Odyssey.
Hope that helps.

Hello.

Need some clarification.

Is there a restriction on voting in polls for either the 'Neo' or 'Neophyte' status?

Or is this covered under the -
Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types
proviso?

Hello.

Need some clarification.

Is there a restriction on voting in polls for either the 'Neo' or 'Neophyte' status?

Or is this covered under the -
proviso?
I had the same issue.

You have to be a "Member" to do threads and vote in polls. You cant as a Neo Member. Next step is being a member so it'll happen soon! I don't know what the criteria is to get bumped up..... maybe it's post count or a mod giving you the magic tap to being promoted. Not sure.

I had the same issue.

You have to be a "Member" to do threads and vote in polls. You cant as a Neo Member. Next step is being a member so it'll happen soon! I don't know what the criteria is to get bumped up..... maybe it's post count or a mod giving you the magic tap to being promoted. Not sure.
I believe it’s 50 posts and a month here.

KRAai

Hi. I am old creepy guy been lurking here and there. I am living in netherlands but i don't know dutch. My english is also far from perfect. Sorry in advance for that. ps4 is my weapon of choice i guess.

Ryuji Goda

Hi. I am old creepy guy been lurking here and there. I am living in netherlands but i don't know dutch. My english is also far from perfect. Sorry in advance for that. ps4 is my weapon of choice i guess.
I live in the Netherlands as well. What language do you speak, if not Dutch?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Your english seems fine. Any favorite games for the PS4 so far?

KRAai

Your english seems fine. Any favorite games for the PS4 so far?
this year... i won't be very original
but god of war was amazing actually i don't remember when last time i was so taken by any game
probably witcher3 and last of us and bloodborne were the ones that gave me similar feeling
well from smaller things inside blew me away
this year i also really enjoyed life is strange (wth is 2nd episode?)
spider-man was fun to play and story was actually really good but i would like more robust open world (maybe sequel)
i still play rocket league
well i guess that should give u some idea about my gaming life

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
this year... i won't be very original
but god of war was amazing actually i don't remember when last time i was so taken by any game
probably witcher3 and last of us and bloodborne were the ones that gave me similar feeling
well from smaller things inside blew me away
this year i also really enjoyed life is strange (wth is 2nd episode?)
spider-man was fun to play and story was actually really good but i would like more robust open world (maybe sequel)
i still play rocket league
well i guess that should give u some idea about my gaming life
Sounds like you kept yourself busy with a lot of different games. Excellent!

Hope to see you around the site. Don't be shy about posting. Folks don't usually bite.

Melon

Banned
Hiya everyone! The name's Melancholy (but I go by Melon virtually everywhere)!

I'm not exactly new to the site, as I do have a few posts, but I wasn't very active. However, I'm here to --hopefully-- be more active! I suppose I can give a few useless fun facts about myself.

I'm twenty-years-old (soon to be twenty-one) and I work as a resident care worker at a facility for children who have been put there under the State's custody. It's a stressful job sometimes, but I really enjoy it. I like to unwind by playing Red Dead II; by playing I mean hunting and avoiding the story entirely because I don't want it to end. So, yeah, that's about the only significant things about myself.

Hiya everyone! The name's Melancholy (but I go by Melon virtually everywhere)!

I'm not exactly new to the site, as I do have a few posts, but I wasn't very active. However, I'm here to --hopefully-- be more active! I suppose I can give a few useless fun facts about myself.

I'm twenty-years-old (soon to be twenty-one) and I work as a resident care worker at a facility for children who have been put there under the State's custody. It's a stressful job sometimes, but I really enjoy it. I like to unwind by playing Red Dead II; by playing I mean hunting and avoiding the story entirely because I don't want it to end. So, yeah, that's about the only significant things about myself.
Thanks for coming back and participating Melon.

I had to opposite with RDR2. I finished it ASAP and started a second play through that I may never actually complete lol. I spend my time now saying HEY THERE MISTER! to everyone I can possibly encounter.

Also be sure to log on to the Red Dead Online Beta before 3am EST Dec 7th to get free in game money. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/red-...-in-game-money-for-beta-participants.1469051/ info here

If you would like a thread posted on your behalf use this thread https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neo-...ull-members-will-post-on-your-behalf.1456224/ just write up the thread and posted it there. Many here including myself would be more than happy to do so until you can create your own. We will definitely give you credit, won't steal your ideas :messenger_winking:

Thank you for your introduction and see you around NeoGAF

Kinda late, but I guess I never did post in the intro thread in old gaf or new gaf.

I'm IRL friends with someone who used to post here named Jeff Zero. Well I guess not IRL anymore cause he moved a couple years ago. Anyway he convinced me to post at NeoGAF a while before the split. By "convinced" I mean he posted a picture of my wall full of Carly Rae Jepsen posters in the PopGAF community thread without much context and I had to come defend the queen. PopGAF ended up being way too catty for my tastes after a few weeks, so I moved on to the kpop community thread because I was presently in need of a new source of kpop info. Then the Reset split happened; I posted in that board's kpop community thread for a while, and then a certain chain of events made me decide to leave and check GAF out of curiosity on my way out. Now I'm back!

I'm a 28 year old software dev in FL. I'm not a big gamer. Not really out of a lack of interest; I just kinda forget to keep playing when I start. Case in point: I bought and started Breath of the Wild one night and then never thought about playing it again and eventually FedExed it to Jeff cause he was considering buying it. I'm a very casual League player, and my most recent console game was Harvest Moon: Light of Hope. My most recent PC game was Doki Doki Literature Club and I'm still recovering. My favorite game of all time is Vice City, though I will admit that V is the best in the series. I like to write creatively although I haven't done so in a long time. I can... hula hoop.

On GAF you'll most likely see me tending to my kpop thread in off-topic. Come say hi! Fans and non-fans alike are welcome as long as there's productive discussion to be had.

Kinda late, but I guess I never did post in the intro thread in old gaf or new gaf.

I'm IRL friends with someone who used to post here named Jeff Zero. Well I guess not IRL anymore cause he moved a couple years ago. Anyway he convinced me to post at NeoGAF a while before the split. By "convinced" I mean he posted a picture of my wall full of Carly Rae Jepsen posters in the PopGAF community thread without much context and I had to come defend the queen. PopGAF ended up being way too catty for my tastes after a few weeks, so I moved on to the kpop community thread because I was presently in need of a new source of kpop info. Then the Reset split happened; I posted in that board's kpop community thread for a while, and then a certain chain of events made me decide to leave and check GAF out of curiosity on my way out. Now I'm back!

I'm a 28 year old software dev in FL. I'm not a big gamer. Not really out of a lack of interest; I just kinda forget to keep playing when I start. Case in point: I bought and started Breath of the Wild one night and then never thought about playing it again and eventually FedExed it to Jeff cause he was considering buying it. I'm a very casual League player, and my most recent console game was Harvest Moon: Light of Hope. My most recent PC game was Doki Doki Literature Club and I'm still recovering. My favorite game of all time is Vice City, though I will admit that V is the best in the series. I like to write creatively although I haven't done so in a long time. I can... hula hoop.

On GAF you'll most likely see me tending to my kpop thread in off-topic. Come say hi! Fans and non-fans alike are welcome as long as there's productive discussion to be had.
Thanks for coming back and keeping an OT going.

I don’t know what Kpop is. But I’m about to find out.

Thanks for coming back and keeping an OT going.

I don’t know what Kpop is. But I’m about to find out.
Careful :messenger_beaming: It's one of those things that can pull you in. I resisted it for months and months as an old friend of mine sent me youtube link after youtube link, but one day the right song came my way and it was over. I of course paid it forward by infecting a few of my other friends and coworkers.

Thank you for the welcome! I hope my OT will thrive and that I find others to post in.

Sephie

Neo Member
Hey everyone!
I've been a lurker here and on Reset for several years. Finally out of the shadows.

I'm a working chef from Sweden, I am a cosplayer but first and foremost a gamer.
Looking forward to see where this new Gaf takes us.

Hey everyone!
I've been a lurker here and on Reset for several years. Finally out of the shadows.

I'm a working chef from Sweden, I am a cosplayer but first and foremost a gamer.
Looking forward to see where this new Gaf takes us.
Welcome. Thank you for deciding to not be a lurker anymore. I was a lurker for many years. NeoGAF has so many topics and posts that I didn’t find the need to have a account for years.

Glad I finally did. And glad you did as well. Feel free to ask me if you need anything.

Don’t worry about Cunth Cunth its just the avatar that’s scary

Black Rose

Neo Member
Hi there! I've been lurking around this forum for awhile before I finally decided to join. This place seems like a very good community!

Well, a little about me? I'm a 28 year old female from the middle of nowhere. My favorite games are the Uncharted and Mass Effect series. I don't really have much to say in an intro. You should get to know me better when I start posting on the forum. Happy to be here!

kyussman

Hello Gaf.I've been lurking around here for years for gaming news and I was under the impression it was a very difficult place to join(not sure how I came to that conclusion actually,lol).

Anyway,previously I was uninterested in joining in due to the shall I say somewhat troubling moderation I saw taking place.

I was lurking around during the great Neogaf cleansing(lol)and have to say it seems like a very nice place to discuss vidoe games now,which is what I would like to do.

So I thought I would apply for a membership and what-do-you-know,I got approved straight away.Cheers!

I'm a bit of an old fart I guess(mid 40's),but I love my video games more than ever(my first one was PONG!!).

I've lived through the great C64 v ZX48 playground wars of the 80's(I'm in the UK)where I would go into school clutching my shiny new copy of Zzap64 magazine to rub in the faces of the only two Spectrum owning boys in my year and now I am never less than amazed at how far games have come.

I game on Playstation and my faves so far this gen have been Bloodborne(very pround of that one,I am getting on after all and my skills were never that great to begin with),Dying Light,Driveclub,The Last Guardian and lots more actually.....I love gaming right now,lol.

Once again thanks for the quick approval and looking forward to all the exciting news and discussions as we see out the final year or so of PS4 and look forward to next gen!!!

Hi there! I've been lurking around this forum for awhile before I finally decided to join. This place seems like a very good community!

Well, a little about me? I'm a 28 year old female from the middle of nowhere. My favorite games are the Uncharted and Mass Effect series. I don't really have much to say in an intro. You should get to know me better when I start posting on the forum. Happy to be here!
We are happy you signed up. I was a lurker for many years before creating a account. Definitely glad I finally did.

I am a Uncharted addict. I'll consume anything ND puts out. I put dozens of hours in Uncharted 2 MP. I find the Uncharted 4 MP a lot of fun as well, especially the Co-Op.

We have a NeoGAF Ps4 community if you would like to add your PSNid https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-new-neogaf-ps-communities-community.1465466/ off duty ninja off duty ninja and I are going to be on Red Dead Online 8pm West Coast time if you are interested.

Until you have thread making privileges, use the https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neo-...ull-members-will-post-on-your-behalf.1456224/ and I or other Gaffers will post it for you. Just write up thread as if you were posting yourself, post it in there with the Title you want, and we will get it posted. Will make sure you are given credit.

Feel free to ask me anything if you need something. Hopefully you enjoy your time here. Thanks again for taking the leap from lurker to Gaffer (y)

Hello Gaf.I've been lurking around here for years for gaming news and I was under the impression it was a very difficult place to join(not sure how I came to that conclusion actually,lol).

Anyway,previously I was uninterested in joining in due to the shall I say somewhat troubling moderation I saw taking place.

I was lurking around during the great Neogaf cleansing(lol)and have to say it seems like a very nice place to discuss vidoe games now,which is what I would like to do.

So I thought I would apply for a membership and what-do-you-know,I got approved straight away.Cheers!

I'm a bit of an old fart I guess(mid 40's),but I love my video games more than ever(my first one was PONG!!).

I've lived through the great C64 v ZX48 playground wars of the 80's(I'm in the UK)where I would go into school clutching my shiny new copy of Zzap64 magazine to rub in the faces of the only two Spectrum owning boys in my year and now I am never less than amazed at how far games have come.

I game on Playstation and my faves so far this gen have been Bloodborne(very pround of that one,I am getting on after all and my skills were never that great to begin with),Dying Light,Driveclub,The Last Guardian and lots more actually.....I love gaming right now,lol.

Once again thanks for the quick approval and looking forward to all the exciting news and discussions as we see out the final year or so of PS4 and look forward to next gen!!!

We all lurk NeoGAF for years it seems. Thanks for taking the plunge lol. Another SoulsBourne player. We seem to have many. No such thing as too many tho.

I am also an old fart around here. Turning 34 in February. But my mileage is hella high lol.

If you need or have a thread you want posted, post it here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neo-...ull-members-will-post-on-your-behalf.1456224/ until you get your thread posting privileges. Just write it up with a title and we will post it for you.

We also have a NeoGAF PS4 Community if you would like to add your PSNid. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-new-neogaf-ps-communities-community.1465466/

Hope you find your sign up worth it. We appreciate you creating your account. Welcome to NeoGAF. Reach out to me if you need anything.

cormack12

Black Rose Black Rose kyussman kyussman welcome both! Plenty of active topics to get involved in. There's one about the Naughty Dog game loop and how it's progressed/regressed here or there is also a thread on your first games here that may interest you respectively. There is also the GOTY thread and vote coming up so familiarise yourself with the process and results from last year.

You can also catch up with TGA news and awards here - there's a bunch of us at the moment pushing some drive into the site so do reach out to any of us with general questions etc.

liberteer

Neo Member
Hello all,

I have known about this website for years, but I haven't been, as you youngester say, lurking, simply because I went away once my previous registration has been refused. I've tried with another e-mail several years later and here I am. I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, 32 years old, playing games since 1989.

I am writing about games for several websites. Most people considered my career will peek once I've got published by local edition of IGN. It didn't happen :) I'm a professional journalist myself, did a lot of radio an TV work, currently editor-in-chief of one local news portal.

Currently playing games on Nintendo Switch and PC.

Playing bass guitar, listening to rock'n'roll and podcasts. Working my way through my third book now. Writing, not reading. Anyway, that's it. Feel free to ask.

Hello all,

I have known about this website for years, but I haven't been, as you youngester say, lurking, simply because I went away once my previous registration has been refused. I've tried with another e-mail several years later and here I am. I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, 32 years old, playing games since 1989.

I am writing about games for several websites. Most people considered my career will peek once I've got published by local edition of IGN. It didn't happen :) I'm a professional journalist myself, did a lot of radio an TV work, currently editor-in-chief of one local news portal.

Currently playing games on Nintendo Switch and PC.

Playing bass guitar, listening to rock'n'roll and podcasts. Working my way through my third book now. Writing, not reading. Anyway, that's it. Feel free to ask.
Welcome to NeoGAF. I sincerely hope if was worth your wait. Reach out to me if you have any questions or need anything. Definitely will try to help with anything I can.

Jealous of the writing skills. It's something I wish I had. You sound pretty accomplished.

Life long gamer, started when you were 2? Gaf just started a conversation about the first game we have ever played https://www.neogaf.com/threads/first-video-game-you-ever-played.1469192/

Until you can post threads on your own, use this here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neo-...ull-members-will-post-on-your-behalf.1456224/ Just type it up and post it there, we will get it posted for you.

Look forward to reading your posts. Welcome to NeoGAF.

liberteer

Neo Member
Welcome to NeoGAF. I sincerely hope if was worth your wait. Reach out to me if you have any questions or need anything. Definitely will try to help with anything I can.

Jealous of the writing skills. It's something I wish I had. You sound pretty accomplished.

Life long gamer, started when you were 2? Gaf just started a conversation about the first game we have ever played https://www.neogaf.com/threads/first-video-game-you-ever-played.1469192/

Until you can post threads on your own, use this here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neo-...ull-members-will-post-on-your-behalf.1456224/ Just type it up and post it there, we will get it posted for you.

Look forward to reading your posts. Welcome to NeoGAF.

Hey Musky,

I've actually started when I was three. And the topic you've mentioned, that was my first Neo post. :)

Thank you. Glad to be here. Hopefully I'm gonna find a decent community of gamers. As for the writing skills, it takes a lot of time and reading. And you're never perfect, so if you're striving for achievement, there's none in this game. Btw, English is not my first language, so excuse all the errors I may make along the way.

Cheers!

Hey Musky,

I've actually started when I was three. And the topic you've mentioned, that was my first Neo post. :)

Thank you. Glad to be here. Hopefully I'm gonna find a decent community of gamers. As for the writing skills, it takes a lot of time and reading. And you're never perfect, so if you're striving for achievement, there's none in this game. Btw, English is not my first language, so excuse all the errors I may make along the way.

Cheers!
Well damn. I already love your posts : )

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hey Musky,

Cheers!
Your English is great. Better than most, lol.

Welcome.

liberteer

Neo Member
I welcome Black Rose Black Rose , kyussman kyussman and liberteer liberteer to NeoGAF. Welcome to the site and i would enjoy to see the kind of work you people do. Welcome!

Redneckerz Redneckerz , prepare yourself for learning Bosnian then :) Basically, most of the stuff I do is in Bosnian. It's silly not thinking about worldwide community, but out there I am just one of the many, here I have a market of usually only me. For instance, I am the only real podcaster in Bosnia and Herzegovina as far as I can tell. When I say real, that means I create audio podcast which I upload to podcast directory which can be discovered and traced via RSS feed. There's one more blogger doing podcast, but she only uploads it to Mixcloud which is not convinient, and there are, of course, several radio shows doing 'podcast' re-releasing after live airing.

As for the books, translating them to English is really, really expensive. I would only be able to do that with, let's say, proper crowdfunding and having money upfront, because it would be a nonsense to translate stuff I do and think it maybe will sell to cover the costs.

I've been doing a lot of things all my life and I simply enjoy the experience. If you've asked me back in the day when I was young punk, hellbent on anarchism if I would ever run a marathon, I would scoff and laugh at ya. Now, I have around 20 halfmarathons and 3 marathons under the belt.

It's simply - life. :)

Scopa Scopa : it's a shame, I have to say. I've started learning English back when I was in fourth grade. God (or Satan) bless Cartoon Network. :)

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Redneckerz Redneckerz , prepare yourself for learning Bosnian then :) Basically, most of the stuff I do is in Bosnian. It's silly not thinking about worldwide community, but out there I am just one of the many, here I have a market of usually only me. For instance, I am the only real podcaster in Bosnia and Herzegovina as far as I can tell. When I say real, that means I create audio podcast which I upload to podcast directory which can be discovered and traced via RSS feed. There's one more blogger doing podcast, but she only uploads it to Mixcloud which is not convinient, and there are, of course, several radio shows doing 'podcast' re-releasing after live airing.

As for the books, translating them to English is really, really expensive. I would only be able to do that with, let's say, proper crowdfunding and having money upfront, because it would be a nonsense to translate stuff I do and think it maybe will sell to cover the costs.

I've been doing a lot of things all my life and I simply enjoy the experience. If you've asked me back in the day when I was young punk, hellbent on anarchism if I would ever run a marathon, I would scoff and laugh at ya. Now, I have around 20 halfmarathons and 3 marathons under the belt.

It's simply - life. :)

Scopa Scopa : it's a shame, I have to say. I've started learning English back when I was in fourth grade. God (or Satan) bless Cartoon Network. :)
Really interesting to hear this stuff. Glad to have you around, Sir Liberty. :)

Hey folks, actually had never checked out the site till the other day when I got linked through it from a reddit post and decided to join up.

Hey folks, actually had never checked out the site till the other day when I got linked through it from a reddit post and decided to join up.
Well god bless Reddit then. Thank you for looking and then signing up. Hopefully you enjoy the site.

Reach out to me if you need anything.

Wimbledon

Hey i've been lurking for some time, a few years now actually. I used to come here when i wanted to laugh or learn what games were coming out, also that POKEMON THREAD where ash was facing Alain THAT CHAMPIONSHIP match THREAD. That thread made me want to join, the memes were glorious.

The amount of salt and fallout in that thread made my day. I'm looking forward to the next one, if ash contends for another championship match.

Last edited:
Top Bottom