• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Verdanth

Sup, GAF, I'm also kind of new here, I guess.

Been gaming since I was little, like all of us :messenger_beaming:

I'm from Portugal and a huge Yakuza fan.

Raph64

Sup, GAF, I'm also kind of new here, I guess.

Been gaming since I was little, like all of us :messenger_beaming:

I'm from Portugal and a huge Yakuza fan.

Nice to meet you, dude !

You’ve made the right choice to join this website believe me :messenger_winking:

I’m new too, so I hope we’ll all get along well !

Hello Neogaf, long time lurker, signed up for an account, thought I might as well get down and dirty and actually commit some words to internet in these interesting times.

Gaming wise I'm mainly PC but not a typical PC gamer - never played any Blizzard games, prefer controller and big screen over m & k apart from FPS games. Main genres I like are RPGs, anything with good characters, choice and consequences, and a sandboxy approach that I can mess around in. Also am a tinkerer with mods and other homebrew PC stuff which is a big draw to the platform for me.

So big games for me:

Deus Ex series (RIP)
Elder Scrolls series (RIP)
Fallout series (RIP)
Dishonored series (RestingIP)
Dark Souls series (getting depressing now)
XCOM series
Witcher series - big time - bought a new PC for W3 and will likely do significant upgrade just for Cyberpunk when that comes out.

Currently playing a bunch of stuff:

Metro Last Light Redux - enjoying a lot, great chunky gunplay and atmospheric
Dishonored 2 - great so far, not that far in though. Only just got to Serkonos. Performance on my PC not as bad as expected.
Cities Skylines - strategy games are lethal play til 6 in the morning games for me though so not committed fully
Crusader Kings 2 - as above. I have no idea what I'm doing.
Dying Light - undoubtedly one of the games of the generation for me, just so much fun. Playing through the following
PUBG - I suck
Deus Ex - with the GMDX mod. It's great.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC - The prison one. Reminds me of Escape from Butcher Bay.
Fallout Tale of Two Wastelands
Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain
HITMAN reboot and Blood Money.
Immortal Redneck - great old school FPS roguelike
Resident Evil 5 - blasted through this recently as was sitting in my back catalogue and got a craving for RE after the one shot demo of RE 2 remake. Currently unlocking stuff and going to play the DLC.
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - not fully committed to this yet, just messing around.

Stuff I'm looking forward to:

Cyberpunk

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hello Neogaf, long time lurker, signed up for an account, thought I might as well get down and dirty and actually commit some words to internet in these interesting times.

Gaming wise I'm mainly PC but not a typical PC gamer - never played any Blizzard games, prefer controller and big screen over m & k apart from FPS games. Main genres I like are RPGs, anything with good characters, choice and consequences, and a sandboxy approach that I can mess around in. Also am a tinkerer with mods and other homebrew PC stuff which is a big draw to the platform for me.

So big games for me:

Deus Ex series (RIP)
Fallout series (RIP)
XCOM series
Witcher series - big time - bought a new PC for W3 and will likely do significant upgrade just for Cyberpunk when that comes out.

Dishonored 2 - great so far, not that far in though. Only just got to Serkonos. Performance on my PC not as bad as expected.
Cities Skylines - strategy games are lethal play til 6 in the morning games for me though so not committed fully
Dying Light - undoubtedly one of the games of the generation for me, just so much fun. Playing through the following
PUBG - I suck
Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC - The prison one. Reminds me of Escape from Butcher Bay.
Resident Evil 5 - blasted through this recently as was sitting in my back catalogue and got a craving for RE after the one shot demo of RE 2 remake. Currently unlocking stuff and going to play the DLC.
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - not fully committed to this yet, just messing around.

Cyberpunk
Welcome. You have a great taste in games.

So big games for me:

Deus Ex series (RIP)
Fallout series (RIP)
XCOM series

PUBG - I suck

Cyberpunk
Welcome Vow of Silence Vow of Silence to NeoGAF

Mista

Banned

So big games for me:

Deus Ex series (RIP)
Fallout series (RIP)
XCOM series

PUBG - I suck

Cyberpunk
Ah I love you already. Welcome aboard mate :D

IKSTUGA

Hello gaf, long time lurker here as well. I like the way people talk here, no bs, just real talk.

About myself, I'm a huge Nintendo and XBOX fan. I have a Master's degree in business analytics and I work as a business analyst in the Finnish process industry. For some reason I also really enjoy following American culture/politics even though I'm from Finland :D The online discourse here and other boards (reddit, restera) is just too damn funny with all the ridiculous arguments and opinions.

Hello gaf, long time lurker here as well. I like the way people talk here, no bs, just real talk.

About myself, I'm a huge Nintendo and XBOX fan. I have a Master's degree in business analytics and I work as a business analyst in the Finnish process industry. For some reason I also really enjoy following American culture/politics even though I'm from Finland :D The online discourse here and other boards (reddit, restera) is just too damn funny with all the ridiculous arguments and opinions.
Welcome to NeoGAF. We are glad you are joining us.

So uh, hey guys.... I've not posted in a few years now...... What have I missed?

It's so different feeling here now....
Welcome back to NeoGAF. Yes things certainly have changed. There’s been much rebuilding over the last year. Have fun looking around. Feel free to give feedback in the threads setup for it.

Also check out the various themes available, the twitch and discord integration, and a bunch more. Staff and Gaffers certainly been working hard.

Look forward to seeing you around.

r0s3f4m

Neo Member
I am brand new to NeoGAF and my name is Riley. Thus far I really enjoy the forum and the layout, hope to see you around!

tidus79

Neo Member
Hi there guys

My name is Guglielmo and I come from Italy, I'm 39 years old and I collect Vg since 1986

My target are Bayonetta & Final Fantasy items, but I like also old Nec-Sega and Nintendo's stuff

I just seen a lot of pics of your collection.. there are some really impressive and wonderful.. So I want to share mine with you too =)

Last edited:
Hi there guys

My name is Guglielmo and I come from Italy, I'm 39 years old and I collect Vg since 1986

My target are Bayonetta & Final Fantasy items, but I like also old Nec-Sega and Nintendo's stuff

I just seen a lot of pics of your collection.. there are some really impressive and wonderful.. So I want to share mine with you too =)
Welcome to NeoGAF. Thank you for joining us. Please share your collection!!!

Orenji Neko

Hi GAF, long time lurker here. Been playing games a long time, so it's kind of hard to list out everything I'm into but I'll put forward a few of my absolute series: Zelda, Final Fantasy, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Mega Man, Castlevania, Mario, Metroid, Senran Kagura, Street Fighter, Doom, Diablo, Monster Hunter, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear, Contra, Lunar .....haha, yeah it just goes on. As for platforms, I am primarily a PC player these days since so many of the games I like are now all available there thanks to so many Japanese developers embracing Steam, I love the performance advantage, and I really enjoy being able to employ the best controls for particular games. (Like KB/M for shooters, for example)

As for consoles, I've always loved Nintendo and Sega. Lots of great memories of the NES, SNES, Master System, and Genesis/Sega CD. My tastes can sometime be a little different than the usual, for example: while I love Nintendo, I do not like Super Mario 64, nor Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I don't think they are bad games, they are definitely important in their own way, but I just didn't enjoy them like the games that came before, and funnily enough, the ones that came afterwards. I actually love Zelda 2, prefer Mega Man 1 and 3 over 2, and am just not into Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, but I love, love, love Ninja Gaiden (NES and Xbox Trilogy), though the 3rd in each NG trilogy is my least favorite.

Aside from gaming on my PC, my current consoles are the Switch, and the Xbox One. I like that a lot of my fav 360 games are available on the One (Ninja Gaiden Black, Lost Odyssey, and many others), and I really enjoy how the Switch can be played at home on my TV, or brought along in a bag for when we are away. Admittedly, if all (truly all) the Xbox games were on PC, then the only console I would currently have is the Switch. I do still own the classics, but thanks to compilations and stuff like that, I am largely able to keep them put away as I'm not really into a mess of devices and such in the living room.

Ahhhh...what else? Oh, about 99% of my favorite series (those mentioned above, and others that are not), I own every game in their respective franchise. Yeah, sometimes I think about that money spent and what it adds up to, and then realize that it's best not to dwell on things like that ha, ha, ha! My favorite movie of all time is Conan the Barbarian, and I think Basil Poledouris (rip) is an amazing composer, especially the music to that specific movie. Got two kids, with oldest about to graduate this year, a daughter who somehow has recognized the FF victory jingle since she was like 3 "That's famal famasseee!", a wonderful wife, 3 cats, I love the Beatles...... and I think I'm officially droning on at this point.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to Streets of Rage 4.......please, please, please be good. Sad about Metroid Prime 4, but on the bright side at least they care how it turns out; maybe they'll toss something else Metroid related our way like a collection or something. Now I'm droning and wishing about things, lmao! Sorry about that, but good to meet you all!

KingD82

Neo Member
Hello!

My name's Mike, I'm Irish and I love video games and music.
My favourite games of all time are Cuphead, Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby Adventure Wii and Castlevania.
My favourite bands are Iron Maiden, Dio, Dream Theater and DragonForce.

I'm currently playing through Super Mario Galaxy 2, Devil May Cry and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Odd how this isn't on the gaming side but i guess it does reduce clutter.

Hello, I am new here, well, I've had an account on here before but due to life and some of the hectic stuff going on during the time I left. Looks like NeoGaf had quite the make over. I've lurked around since the update but now that I've looked around I would say the current design is more intuitive than the old one. Maybe I can get the old account back somehow.

Well, I'm hoping to get back into the gaming community so here I am. Although there seems to be some kind of glitch trying to change my avatar but there's a bug reporting thread on this same page so I'll just post it there.

So I know a lot has changed, but there doesn't seem to be any guide to these changes and the FAQ is the same old thing it was before, so if there's anyone with some spare time, could you point out some of the changes made from the old design?

JoyFreak

Banned
Hello,

So here is a little about me.. I run my own gaming discussion board. I ran into this site/forum a while back and liked the look and feel of it so decided to register and be part of it. I am currently in my final year studying Criminology. I have interests in gaming, computing and developing. If you would like to know more please feel free to ask!

Many thanks!

Odd how this isn't on the gaming side but i guess it does reduce clutter.

Hello, I am new here, well, I've had an account on here before but due to life and some of the hectic stuff going on during the time I left. Looks like NeoGaf had quite the make over. I've lurked around since the update but now that I've looked around I would say the current design is more intuitive than the old one. Maybe I can get the old account back somehow.

Well, I'm hoping to get back into the gaming community so here I am. Although there seems to be some kind of glitch trying to change my avatar but there's a bug reporting thread on this same page so I'll just post it there.

So I know a lot has changed, but there doesn't seem to be any guide to these changes and the FAQ is the same old thing it was before, so if there's anyone with some spare time, could you point out some of the changes made from the old design?
Welcome back V Voost Kain glad you are here again.

PM a member of the GAF Staff and ask them with help getting your old account back if you'd like

Hello,

So here is a little about me.. I run my own gaming discussion board. I ran into this site/forum a while back and liked the look and feel of it so decided to register and be part of it. I am currently in my final year studying Criminology. I have interests in gaming, computing and developing. If you would like to know more please feel free to ask!

Many thanks!
Welcome to NeoGAF JoyFreak JoyFreak

Vulkarl

Neo Member
Hey, I've lurked around here for a while, finally decided to get into things.

I'm mostly a PC gamer, though Metal Gear Solid is one of my all time favorite game series.
Aside from stealth games my favorite genre is probably immersive sims like Deus Ex and Prey.
I'm currently playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake and looking forward to Devil May Cry V.
I also listen to a lot of music, my favorite bands being King Crimson, Coheed and Cambria, Iron Maiden, and The Mars Volta.
I'm currently in my final year of studying computer science with a minor in film.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for over a decade. My first visit to the site was the day of that fabulous E3 FFXIII 360 announcement meltdown. I've browsed daily since.

I tried purple gaf but I feel extremely uncomfortable signing up there, so I've come crawling back like the filth I am.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for over a decade. My first visit to the site was the day of that fabulous E3 FFXIII 360 announcement meltdown. I've browsed daily since.

I tried purple gaf but I feel extremely uncomfortable signing up there, so I've come crawling back like the filth I am.
Glad you decided to officially join NeoGAF @Shodan09

Lets find you an avatar and jump into the filth

Hey, I've lurked around here for a while, finally decided to get into things.

I'm mostly a PC gamer, though Metal Gear Solid is one of my all time favorite game series.
Aside from stealth games my favorite genre is probably immersive sims like Deus Ex and Prey.
I'm currently playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake and looking forward to Devil May Cry V.
I also listen to a lot of music, my favorite bands being King Crimson, Coheed and Cambria, Iron Maiden, and The Mars Volta.
I'm currently in my final year of studying computer science with a minor in film.
Sorry I missed your post Vulkarl Vulkarl

Welcome to NeoGAF happy you are here

I am also playing RE2 Remake. Just completed my first Hunk play through. 12 minutes and 32 seconds

Whitesnake

Banned
Howdy. Never made one of these kinds of posts before so here goes nothin.

I’m currently a broke college student with no PC but basically every console and handheld.
Some favorite series of mine are Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, Monster Hunter, and Super Smash Bros.
Been playing video games since I was 3, when my older brother got a Playstation.
I’ve got a love-hate relationship with fighting games. I’d like to think, with the effort I put into fighting games, that I have more skill than the average button-masher. But my Win/Loss records don’t reflect that idea. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Currently playing Smash and Monster Hunter, will pre-order DMC5 when I get a chance.

My music taste is all over the place. I like most everything from Pop to Metal to Rap and so on.
Besides my love of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, I’m actually not that big into anime. Thanks to having Toonami growing up I’ve watched some classic shonen like FMA: Brotherhood, Inuysha, Naruto, etc. But basically all I watch these days is JoJo and the occasional seasonal comedy anime.

I’ve lurked this forum before, but was warded off of joining because of the questionable moderation. But since The Incident it would seem the worst of that community migrated to purple-gaf, and there seems to be a wider variety of viewpoints and opinions now. I created my account a year ago, but haven’t really gotten involved til a week ago.

Last edited:

Shakunetsu

Neo Member
Hi guys I'm Shakunetsu from several fighting game related forums. I am SF fan.

A gamer, collector and a designer.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Hi guys I'm Shakunetsu from several fighting game related forums. I am SF fan.

A gamer, collector and a designer.
Welcome to the forum. We could use more fighting-game fans here.

Howdy. Never made one of these kinds of posts before so here goes nothin.

I’m currently a broke college student with no PC but basically every console and handheld.
Some favorite series of mine are Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, Monster Hunter, and Super Smash Bros.
Been playing video games since I was 3, when my older brother got a Playstation.
I’ve got a love-hate relationship with fighting games. I’d like to think, with the effort I put into fighting games, that I have more skill than the average button-masher. But my Win/Loss records don’t reflect that idea. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Currently playing Smash and Monster Hunter, will pre-order DMC5 when I get a chance.

My music taste is all over the place. I like most everything from Pop to Metal to Rap and so on.
Besides my love of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, I’m actually not that big into anime. Thanks to having Toonami growing up I’ve watched some classic shonen like FMA: Brotherhood, Inuysha, Naruto, etc. But basically all I watch these days is JoJo and the occasional seasonal comedy anime.

I’ve lurked this forum before, but was warded off of joining because of the questionable moderation. But since The Incident it would seem the worst of that community migrated to purple-gaf, and there seems to be a wider variety of viewpoints and opinions now. I created my account a year ago, but haven’t really gotten involved til a week ago.
You have a good taste in games. Thanks for joining the forum. You'll find several other JoJo fans on the forum, too.

Last edited:

Phobia

giphy.gif

Hello there,

I'm pretty new here, though i've posted a bit recently. Thought i'd introduce myself.

30 year old gamer. Mainly play on Xbox One X and PS4, though I do find myself on CK2 quite a bit.

Currently playing Apex Legends, Spider-Man and Kingdom Hearts, but i'm really stoked for Anthem and Metro Exodus.

My favorite series of games are Mass Effect, Fallout (until recently), Gears of War, Metal Gear and Dead Space, though I tend to try just about every game at least once.

Enjoying the conversations I've been having, and hope to have more. I promise I won't rage that hard. Too often.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Hello there,

I'm pretty new here, though i've posted a bit recently. Thought i'd introduce myself.

30 year old gamer. Mainly play on Xbox One X and PS4, though I do find myself on CK2 quite a bit.

Currently playing Apex Legends, Spider-Man and Kingdom Hearts, but i'm really stoked for Anthem and Metro Exodus.

My favorite series of games are Mass Effect, Fallout (until recently), Gears of War, Metal Gear and Dead Space, though I tend to try just about every game at least once.

Enjoying the conversations I've been having, and hope to have more. I promise I won't rage that hard. Too often.

Welcome, fellow member!

NeoGAF is what it promises nominally -- new, keen, and filled with gaffes -- filled with a vast body of aged and young members alike. With your gaming taste, you will have no problem assimilating (as I see you have already).

Make yourself at home.

Amadeus1

Neo Member
Hello! I`m new to this forum. My name is Amadeus.
It `s very interesting here. And also here is a friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Good luck to all!

Iconoclasm

Neo Member
Hello everyone! I'm a new member from Italy and I've been lurking on NeoGAF for almost 10 years but finally I decided to sign up.
I'm a big fan of FFVII since '98 and I can't wait to experience the moments of hype (and despair) of the remake with all of you! other games that I love are Grim Fandango, Galerians and the Legacy of Kain series.
See you around!

Last edited:
Hello! I`m new to this forum. My name is Amadeus.
It `s very interesting here. And also here is a friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Good luck to all!
Welcome to NeoGAF. Glad to have you hear.
Hello everyone! I'm a new member from Italy and I've been lurking on NeoGAF for almost 10 years but finally I decided to sign up.
I'm a big fan of FFVII since '98 and I can't wait to experience the moments of hype (and despair) of the remake with all of you! other games that I love are Grim Fandango, Galerians and the Legacy of Kain series.
See you around!
Welcome (officially) to NeoGAF. Glad you finally signed up.

Mondai

Been a lurker here for years but I was finally able to make an account. I’m a Mondai , I’m just chill, life is great lately and 2019 will be good.

daclynk

hi Gaf, im kinda new here.
i have been gaming ever since i was young, discovered Gaf 2012 and finally joined last year.
im from Ghana in west africa, soo happy to been part of this place and happy to meet u all.:messenger_beaming:

LMJ

Greetings and salutations to you all
The names LMJ, but I go by lordmadjack for my PSN and Live accounts, and whatever numerical nonsense I have for my Nintendo ID lol

It's awesome to finally be posting on neogaf, as someone whom has been ghosting on this forum for almost the last 6 years, I have seen some truly inspirational and brilliant posts, thanks to the new rules regarding emails, not to mention the just more relaxed feeling overall (no longer hunted for dissenting opinions) I'm happy to finally be a member here.

I don't want to take too much time, just wanted to say I'm looking forward to posting with all of you and getting to enjoy discussing video games which have always been a passion in my life.

My real name is Chris I am 26.

I love video games, music, and movies. Basically anything in the arts I highly respect and obsess over. I am in college now pursuing my career to be a clinical psychologist. After battling depression for a large majority of my life I have decided to dedicate my entire life for the treatment and research into mental illness. I also enjoy nature, smoking weed, coffee, working out, and hanging out with friends. My xbox gamer tag is Crazyc527 if any one wants to play, my preference is FPS for competitive play and my go to game right now is R6 Siege:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:.

Hello, everyone. My name is Michael. I am 32 and turning 33 in May. I am a big anime and video game fan. I used to post on the IGN boards, but I got sick of the crap there and being associated with that place. That and I couldn't get my name changed from my old one. Lol. But yeah, it's good to be here and I hope I can make some new friends here. Thanks for having me. I'm excited to be a part of the NeoGAF community.

LMJ

Glad to have you Michael, I'm new as well and everyone's been fantastic so I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms:messenger_beaming:

mcjmetroid

Hi I'm Michael,

My account just got approved. I'm well into Videogames and own a PS4 and Switch.

I came on this forum after 2 years of being on the other forum.
I just couldn't take them any more.

I was on this forum YEARS ago but who knows what happened to my old account or what it was even called lol.

Thanks for finally accepting me. I hope to have to actual debates and discussions with people of varying opinions and backwards :)

Von Hugh

Hello, I am Sam. I like ham, and bam, here I am.

28 years old, working in the IT industry on sales, development and marketing areas.

I used to game a lot, nowadays I enjoy more to talk about games and the industry. I have enthusiasm and time to buy and play a game maybe once a year, but I make that time count; latest game I bought was God of War, and before that Red Dead 2 for One X. The Witcher 3 before those, and I enjoyed that immensely.

Maybe the next generation will get me into gaming more once again, at least I love speculating about the specs and upcoming technologies and features!

Top Bottom