• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

DeanKind

Neo Member
Hello, my name is Dean Stewart (DeanKind) and I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland (UK).
I'm 33, and always been an avid gamer since I was child, first console (Or "computer" as they were called) was an Atari 2600 in 1989 (I was 4).

It's been a long time since I was active on a forum, (like 11 years now, lol) so be gentle on me :p
I'm trying to find a nice forum of gaming related people to chat about stuff without toxicity and whiny people, and I was told about this place. So here I am!

Anyway! hope to have a nice time on here with you all

Have A Nice Day!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Hello, my name is Dean Stewart (DeanKind) and I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland (UK).
I'm 33, and always been an avid gamer since I was child, first console (Or "computer" as they were called) was an Atari 2600 in 1989 (I was 4).

It's been a long time since I was active on a forum, (like 11 years now, lol) so be gentle on me :p
I'm trying to find a nice forum of gaming related people to chat about stuff without toxicity and whiny people, and I was told about this place. So here I am!

Anyway! hope to have a nice time on here with you all

Have A Nice Day!
Welcome to the community. Looking forward to seeing you around.

DeanKind

Neo Member
Thanks for the welcome :) just browsing the topics has been hilarious...Genuinely wasn't expecting topics like "Florida man caught having sex with Dog" lol...fun times :)

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Thanks for the welcome :) just browsing the topics has been hilarious...Genuinely wasn't expecting topics like "Florida man caught having sex with Dog" lol...fun times :)
You should check out the GAFessions thread. Legendary.

Viridian Vagabond

Neo Member
Hey guys. I’m Viridian Vagabond.

I’m a huge Nintendo nerd. I have been for quite a while, however my first gaming console ever was a PlayStation 1 I got for a Christmas and my first game ever was Crash Bandicoot. I’ve grown up with Nintendo consoles for quite a while as well as Sony. It’s only been recently that I’m strictly a Nintendo console and handheld user now. I got super excited when Crash came to Switch however. Instant purchase for me. The Switch is a great console and I’ve enjoyed tons of first party and third party titles. Right now I’m playing Smash Ultimate’s World of Light so I can unlock all of the music, and I’m also trying to beat Katamari Damacy ReRoll.

Thank you for accepting me. I’m thrilled to be here. :)

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

I’m a huge Nintendo nerd. I have been for quite a while, however my first gaming console ever was a PlayStation 1 I got for a Christmas and my first game ever was Crash Bandicoot. I’ve grown up with Nintendo consoles for quite a while as well as Sony. It’s only been recently that I’m strictly a Nintendo console and handheld user now. I got super excited when Crash came to Switch however. Instant purchase for me. The Switch is a great console and I’ve enjoyed tons of first party and third party titles. Right now I’m playing Smash Ultimate’s World of Light so I can unlock all of the music, and I’m also trying to beat Katamari Damacy ReRoll.

That is an epic username you have there.

And your first console was a PS1? Oh yeah :messenger_spock:
And you like Crash? :messenger_horns::messenger_peace::messenger_ok::messenger_fistbump:

Welcome!

vicutie

Neo Member
Hi everyone!

My name is Vickie and I’m from the Bay Area, CA but you can just refer to me by my username. :) I honestly can’t remember how I stumbled upon this site LOL.

RiccochetJ

Hi all, I'm RiccochetJ. My name comes from way back in BBS boards where Ricochet was taken and Riccochet was also taken. So I settled on RiccochetJ on Xbox, PS, Nintendo and forums.

Originally from Canada and now I reside in Denver CO, US. I've been living in Denver for over 20 years. I was here before it was cool.

Yes, I'm old.

I've been on GAF since 2010. Interestsing story only to me was that I was in Japan (a bucket list trip), checking my email when I discovered that I was accepted.

I found GAF due to the Too Human stuff and Dyack pulled a Streisand. Yes, his rant was 2008 and it took me 2 years to apply.

For games, I'm more of a single player experience or a coop experience where you're only dealing with bots. The one FPS that drew me in and I spent a lot of extra money on was Titanfall 2.

Seeing as this is the OT, I should let you know where I lean politically. I'm all for companies being the top if they got there legitimately. I'm also for a safety net for the people who need some help. At the same time, I think that people do abuse the system and we need to crack down on it.

I think the wall is an archaic and stupid use of my tax dollars while at the same time would completely sign off on better border security using technology. Drones, mounted infrared cameras with facial recognition? Have at it. It took me 7 years to live in this country legally and my Mom was born here.

I'm a centrist. Before the exodus, I was arguing with the psycho people and mods on the left. I got banned a lot.

Now I feel that I'm arguing with some of you on the right. Since the change, I've only been banned once. I think that's progress.

I love GAF. I see some leftovers and I also see some people who have come back using clever names letting me know who they were after they decided to suicide their accounts.

Anyways, chat me up.

Edit: I totally deserved the ban I got under the new administration btw.

Edit2: Oh! I forgot to talk about my avatar! Gotham City Impostors is one of the best budget/ftp games ever! You can still find people playing it on Xbox and Steam :)

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

Nice, Nintendo GAF is lacking in size since the split, happy to see you join :).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
There are dozens of US!

It’s about the only thing we agree on :messenger_winking:
Well, if you like Nintendo games, considering my taste, it is likely we will agree on a lot of stuff, we just never discussed here ;).

Stop Making Sense

Neo Member
Hey^^

I'm a Mid30s. I love Zappa, Talking Heads and Bowie... and at least like many others.

Gaming is my dedicated Bias.

Feel free to correct me on anything... Learning is everything.

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not Wisdom. Wisdom is not Truth. Truth is not Beauty. Beauty is not Love. Love is not Music. Music is the Best."
:messenger_sunglasses::messenger_spock:

ArusGrayrat

Neo Member
Hi

It's been a year since i created my account but sadly, i just got a time for myself last week .
I like RPGs,MMOs and Simulators. I love watching/reading Anime/manga aside from playing video games. Used to own a deck in Yu-gi-oh but had to quit because of community slowly becoming less and less over the years. I can draw well as long as its copying and not oc. Feel free to correct me if i said/done anything wrong as i am just a kid who knows nothing about the world.

Intelligence is not about knowing everything, it is about knowing how to be in good terms with any.

Melon

Banned
Welcome, ArusGrayrat ArusGrayrat it's good to have you here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them. I enjoy drawing as well, as it's a nice way to pass the time.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

oldcshool

Neo Member
Hello everyone, wanted to say hi! I've been gaming for almost 15 years now, since I was 14. Mostly still playing strategies

Angry_Ostrich

Neo Member
Greetings, everyone. I'm Angry_Ostrich. I'm new one here. I've just turned 23 today. I live in the UK, but originally from Russia (cause Ural Ostriches are totally real)

I'm not really a hardcore gamer, as I would stick to only one game franchise and play it for decades. But i've been familiarising myself with other games for the past 4 years. And noticed that I quiet enjoy games where story is vital part of the game: eg Heavy Rain, Detroit: Become human, Tales from the Borderland.

I also love eating and getting angry for no good reasons.

Ugh

Greetings, everyone. I'm Angry_Ostrich. I'm new one here. I've just turned 23 today. I live in the UK, but originally from Russia (cause Ural Ostriches are totally real)

I'm not really a hardcore gamer, as I would stick to only one game franchise and play it for decades. But i've been familiarising myself with other games for the past 4 years. And noticed that I quiet enjoy games where story is vital part of the game: eg Heavy Rain, Detroit: Become human, Tales from the Borderland.

I also love eating and getting angry for no good reasons.

Ugh
Welcome to NeoGAF Angry_Ostrich Angry_Ostrich

ZoneToo

Neo Member
Hey everyone! been lurking for a while but finally decided to sign up.

I'm 27 and been gaming my entire life pretty much, had older brothers that had me on the SNES playing with a control that wasn't even plugged in so i would shut up. I really got heavy heavy heavy into gaming down the line with online shooters like Halo2/COD2/Gears/SPLINTER CELL DOUBLE AGENT: SPIES VS MERCS/Rainbow Six:Vegas etc... When those died down i got into fighting games with the release of Street Fighter 4 and sank hundreds of hours into that, went to a few tournaments, made friends, travelled and had a good ol time. Not a fan of any current fighting games or the Battle Royale movement with shooters so i'm just waiting around for SF6 or Rainbow Six: Vegas 3 essentially... I like a good RPG as well namely FalloutNV:devilish:/Oblivion/Mass Effect and much to my own surprise i'm really enjoying the Switch which i didn't really think i would!

i've kinda fell out of love with gaming recently so i try and stay tuned to the announcements/news/forums in hopes something comes along and tickles my little nuts but that hasn't really happened this go-around. I've actually started going backwards because in this digital world i wanna get physical (physical) so i bought a PS2 for the old classics, also just picked up a N64 (which i never had growing up, any game recommendations are very welcome!).

That's enough rambling from me

Hey everyone! been lurking for a while but finally decided to sign up.

I'm 27 and been gaming my entire life pretty much, had older brothers that had me on the SNES playing with a control that wasn't even plugged in so i would shut up. I really got heavy heavy heavy into gaming down the line with online shooters like Halo2/COD2/Gears/SPLINTER CELL DOUBLE AGENT: SPIES VS MERCS/Rainbow Six:Vegas etc... When those died down i got into fighting games with the release of Street Fighter 4 and sank hundreds of hours into that, went to a few tournaments, made friends, travelled and had a good ol time. Not a fan of any current fighting games or the Battle Royale movement with shooters so i'm just waiting around for SF6 or Rainbow Six: Vegas 3 essentially... I like a good RPG as well namely FalloutNV:devilish:/Oblivion/Mass Effect and much to my own surprise i'm really enjoying the Switch which i didn't really think i would!

i've kinda fell out of love with gaming recently so i try and stay tuned to the announcements/news/forums in hopes something comes along and tickles my little nuts but that hasn't really happened this go-around. I've actually started going backwards because in this digital world i wanna get physical (physical) so i bought a PS2 for the old classics, also just picked up a N64 (which i never had growing up, any game recommendations are very welcome!).

That's enough rambling from me
Welcome to NeoGAF ZoneToo ZoneToo

Thanks for joining us. Need anything just give a shout.

Hello! I'm IzukuMidoriya, call me Izuku, Midoriya, Deku, damned nerd, whatever you want.

I'm 23 years old and I'm starting to get back into video games after a slow, 2 year long recovery from an illness that almost ended badly for me. I had a rough time between late 2017 and about February of this year, with details I'd rather not go into. All I can say is, I'm glad to be back to my old self, and looking forward to getting back on the right track.

When did I first start gaming? Well, probably when I got a Gameboy Advance when I was around the age of 6, owning consoles all the way up from GameCube all the way to my current custom built PC, and my dusty PS4 (which I keep meaning to play Kingdom Hearts III on, but I don't know what's keeping me from doing so... huh). Currently, I'm mostly playing Overwatch and plan to pick up Apex Legends tonight or sometime in that ballpark, when I get back from work. Oh yeah, I'm also planning to start streaming sometime in the near future, so there's that to watch for!

I had thought about joining NeoGAF earlier on, but seeing the drama pre-October 2017 just kind of drew me away from joining the site (I'd like to keep my head out of stress as much as possible), that and I didn't have an ISP provided e-mail since I couldn't figure out how to get into Spectrum's panel to make ISP e-mail addresses. But, since everything's cooled down, I figured I'd take a look around at the site. Anyways, it was nice to talk to y'all, now time to start posting around!

Hello! I'm IzukuMidoriya, call me Izuku, Midoriya, Deku, damned nerd, whatever you want.

I'm 23 years old and I'm starting to get back into video games after a slow, 2 year long recovery from an illness that almost ended badly for me. I had a rough time between late 2017 and about February of this year, with details I'd rather not go into. All I can say is, I'm glad to be back to my old self, and looking forward to getting back on the right track.

When did I first start gaming? Well, probably when I got a Gameboy Advance when I was around the age of 6, owning consoles all the way up from GameCube all the way to my current custom built PC, and my dusty PS4 (which I keep meaning to play Kingdom Hearts III on, but I don't know what's keeping me from doing so... huh). Currently, I'm mostly playing Overwatch and plan to pick up Apex Legends tonight or sometime in that ballpark, when I get back from work. Oh yeah, I'm also planning to start streaming sometime in the near future, so there's that to watch for!

I had thought about joining NeoGAF earlier on, but seeing the drama pre-October 2017 just kind of drew me away from joining the site (I'd like to keep my head out of stress as much as possible), that and I didn't have an ISP provided e-mail since I couldn't figure out how to get into Spectrum's panel to make ISP e-mail addresses. But, since everything's cooled down, I figured I'd take a look around at the site. Anyways, it was nice to talk to y'all, now time to start posting around!
Welcome to NeoGAF IzukuMidoriya IzukuMidoriya

Definitely link your twitch. We will be happy to give you a look.

Melon

Banned

Welcome Izuku -- you've joined at a good time! I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you, and I'm excited to see you around the forums. :messenger_smiling:

Anki

Banned
Hello there

I had almost all consoles since atari 2600 but in the past 2-3 years i stoped playing after finishing bloodborne. I sold all my consoles and the gaming pc and until recently I didn't had any desire to play anything. I had one old PC (phenom x4 and radeon 5830) which I didnt really used and the gpu died recently.

Now I am going back to gaming, next week I am hopefully buying used xbox one s (its cheaper than ps4 and I dont want to spend much money now at the end of generation) to play Dark Souls, Witcher, Skyrim and Sekiro when it comes out. I cannot wait for the next gen consoles and see what they have to offer :)

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to mention my favorite games of all time:
- Donkey Kong Country 2
- Super Metroid
- Super Mario 64
- Zelda Ocarina of time
- Original Tomb Raider 1 and 2
- Final Fantasy 8
- Resident Evil 2
- Metal Gear Solid 1
- Witcher 3
- Dark Souls 1/2/3
- Bloodborne
- Half Life 1 and 2
- Portal
- The Last Of Us

Last edited:

Doomtrain

What's up, all? I'm Doomtrain! I love Souls games, Final Fantasy, and playing guitar (badly.) Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Shagger

Banned
Hi all and say hello . I'm just some with a zip fly that refuses to stay shut.

I'm life long gamer on multiple platforms with many strong opinions that undeniably correct (don't feel bad if you disagree because it doesn't make you less, just makes me more).

But seriously, I'm here to find and share the multiple perspectives and points to know how to make the world of gaming better for all. Looking forward to getting to know people and hopefully have some fun.

I was a member if the AJSA, but that community is basically gone to hell and is sinking, although did enjoy some time there as a game officer and moderator. That was then though, this now and just want to enjoy a game community again.

Thanks for the acceptance into this community. Looking forward and damb good doing it!

Hi all and say hello . I'm just some with a zip fly that refuses to stay shut.

I'm life long gamer on multiple platforms with many strong opinions that undeniably correct (don't feel bad if you disagree because it doesn't make you less, just makes me more).

But seriously, I'm here to find and share the multiple perspectives and points to know how to make the world of gaming better for all. Looking forward to getting to know people and hopefully have some fun.

I was a member if the AJSA, but that community is basically gone to hell and is sinking, although did enjoy some time there as a game officer and moderator. That was then though, this now and just want to enjoy a game community again.

Thanks for the acceptance into this community. Looking forward and damb good doing it!
Welcome to NeoGAF Shagger Shagger we’re glad you decided to join us

Tako Ou

Banned
Hey !

I have been lurking occasionally for some time now.
I'm french, a software developer and a very passionate gamer.

Mista

Banned
Happy to see many people joining us. Welcome aboard everyone!
Hello!

Short time lurker, looking forward to contributing and being part of this community! :messenger_spock:
Welcome to NeoGAF. Thanks for joining. Looking forward to see you around :)

Last edited:

yoshikoh

Neo Member
Hello everyone, my name is yoshikoh wanted to say hi! I've been gaming for almost 10 years now, since I was 15. Mostly still playing strategies

doublekii2

Neo Member
Hello everyone, Don't know what happened in the past,As a newcomer, I am honored to join this gathering place that loves games.

Mista

Banned
Hello everyone, my name is yoshikoh wanted to say hi! I've been gaming for almost 10 years now, since I was 15. Mostly still playing strategies
Hello everyone, Don't know what happened in the past,As a newcomer, I am honored to join this gathering place that loves games.
Welcome and thank you for joining us. Looking forward to seeing you participate with us :)

Gamerguy84

Hi all.

Ive been a gamer for about 35 years now. First console was the Atari 2600 and one of my favorites was the commodore 64.

Mostly a PS gamer (exclusives) but will play on anything. Built my daughter a PC and she likes Nintendo Switch.

Live in WV and other hobbies are fitness, football, and just trying to enjoy life a bit.

Im here because im also a video game nerd.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hi all.

Ive been a gamer for about 35 years now. First console was the Atari 2600 and one of my favorites was the commodore 64.

Mostly a PS gamer (exclusives) but will play on anything. Built my daughter a PC and she likes Nintendo Switch.

Live in WV and other hobbies are fitness, football, and just trying to enjoy life a bit.

Im here because im also a video game nerd.

Welcome aboard. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Top Bottom