• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The |OT| |OT|: Thread rebooted in gaming forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAssist

I think this is nice. I just want to send some kudos to all the people spending their free time with creating OT's and other interesting threads. Thats the reason I'm here.

Unfortunately I hardly have time to even play games, but still. I want to be up date on some of the stuff thats happening.

Also that OT generator sound like a great idea!

SirNinja

Time will tell, but sticking this NOW when the community is flatline'd and not THEN when it was healthy seems a bit shitty.

A chronic inability to predict how doomed something is...yep, that's the GAF I know. We took a bad hit but we're coming back. Enough of this end-of-the-world nonsense.

People, including myself were doing a good job by bringing up quality content

You still can, if you actually want to hang around here and do it. I get the feeling that's not why you're still here, though.

I want to see how good can you get.

Really? Cause right now it looks more like you want to kick us when we're down by constantly parading an exaggerated picture of our demise around us. That doesn't help make anything here good.

DadEggs

Junior members aren't allowed to create new threads. You graduate to regular member status after 300 posts or 3 months, if I remember right.

pretty sure both are requirements.

not sure where to post this -

Dear Mods - Ive made the black friday OT, please lock and redirect the individual Best Buy and Target Black Friday threads

hopefully a mod will see this, so frustrating you cant see/PM them....

TaurezAG

How useful would an OP generator be to help creators?

Type some stuff, upload an image, click a few buttons, and then generate the BBcode.

...I'm happy to create this.

This would be very useful to quickly build a base which can then be improved upon. Looking forward to it in case you make it.

Blam

This would be very useful to quickly build a base which can then be improved upon. Looking forward to it in case you make it.

Make sure it's not just text if possible I mean I'd like maybe a simple text over an Image if possible.

Since I know at least others won't have Photoshop, and will need images on their posts.

Kimawolf

So should the Switch version of Skyrim get a OT considering Skyrim has had like 3 different OTS over two generations?

cormack12

The guidelines are clear, but also easy to miss for a first timer. Plus, english isn't my first language.
Oh, and I want a cool title, with a pun or a funny double entender.

OK, well mock up what you have first (just use preview post' instead of submit post to see how it will look), then someone will proof read if you post an update in here :)

Mario123311

Neo Member
Why am I unable to post a new thread? Registering to this site was already kind of a bitch already and I would like to make something regarding Namco Bandai. ((Basically wondering if anyone else has similar grievances as I do))

Rellik

Why am I unable to post a new thread? Registering to this site was already kind of a bitch already and I would like to make something regarding Namco Bandai. ((Basically wondering if anyone else has similar grievances as I do))

Because you're a junior member.

You need to be a member for a certain amount of time and have a certain amount of posts to become a member. I can't remember how much, but someone else on here will know.

cormack12

Check this out: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456224

If you have your post stick it in there and a member will sponsor it. It's to avoidapproving a raftload of new accounts then having 30/40 new members post repetitive topics etc. We all went through it :)

Kimawolf

Ill have the OT for Xenoblade 2 up tomorrow some time. any word on that OT code help thingy? It'd come in handy for people like me who aren't super skilled.

I really don't know who to ask, but it seem the OP of the Sony first party studio's thread has become inactive on his account.

The exact same member has made the same thread on Reset Era. (Same username and display picture.)

Since I have no intention to join Reset Era, would it be possibly to lock that thread and allow me the opportunity to restart it and update it?

I've tried looking for mods and other people on NeoGAF to ask about it but can't seem to find the correct folk? I thought this thread would be the best to for which to ask.

PantsuJo

Sotty for posting here but I don't know where to post it, exactly

(I will cross-post this in the last "PAL Chart 47" thread too, to reach more people).

I'm abandoning the work of making these thread because of the following:
  • Lack of interest (few comments, few views, few users)
  • The forum seems too changed to me, in a worse way, and I don't like continuing posting here, in this state.
The 2nd reason is especially important to me and I can't lie to myself. I'm sure other qualified users will take this job and will continue the PAL thread legacy ... and I wish the best to him/her.

Because anyone ask: I won't jump on the other board, simply because it's full of admins and users I hated here, personally.

If any one wants to reach me for some reason, you can find me on reddit (sometimes I write on /r/idolmaster or /r/PS4) and you can message me there, no problem.

Thanks for understanding and thanks to the few ones that supported me until today.
It was a short but cool experiences making official threads!

Best luck to anyone and happy gaming!

GlitchF5

Neo Member
If I somehow manage to become a regular user before anyone claims the Monster Hunter World OT, it would be an honor to make it.

Monster Hunter is my all time favorite series, and I am beyond excited for this game.

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen though, no hard feelings.

Blam

If I somehow manage to become a regular user before anyone claims the Monster Hunter World OT, it would be an honor to make it.

Monster Hunter is my all time favorite series, and I am beyond excited for this game.

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen though, no hard feelings.

If you don't I can post it for you.

Cygnus X-1

I will post a series of threads related to the history of defunct video gaming companies. I just published my first on Jaleco here. I can't promise to be very regular in doing this, but I will try my best when I can to add some depth to the forum.

Best, Cygnus.

cormack12

I will post a series of threads related to the history of defunct video gaming companies. I just published my first on Jaleco here. I can't promise to be very regular in doing this, but I will try my best when I can to add some depth to the forum.

Best, Cygnus.

Great idea! Started off well anyway, hope it goes well.

sublimit

Banned

Best, Cygnus.

That's a really good idea! And please make one about Core Design.

Andyliini

Shouldn't this thread be stickied? I'm sure it once was...Anyway.

Bayonetta 1+2 by Andyliini (Jan 21st)
February 16th 2018

If anyone want's to help with making some images for the thread, PM me. I'm sure I can whip up something, but I'm not very good with photoshop.

Last edited:

Manus

Anyone claim making the Dragon Ball Fighter Z official OT yet? If not I would love to claim it and make one.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
I saw your post in the team's approval queue and wanted to explain what was happening here.

Because of the work required for the creation and upkeep of an OT we like to see a good posting record history on the site from them before that happens. You've in no way posted anything that calls into question your ability to do what's needed but we would like to see a bit more of a contribution before from people before we allow that, you will need to have reached full membership status to be able to create an OT.

We obviously really appreciate the offer to help us with this and we'd obviously hope that you'd be willing to help in the same way moving forwards as the more people we having wanting and able to do this sort of work, the better it is for all of us.

I do hope you understand and understand that is in no way a permanent no as I imagine that if you do continue to post constructively that we'd be more than happy to accept your kind offer moving forwards.

Thanks. :)

UPDATE
People who are unable to create new threads can now request that a full member does it on their behalf, please check out this thread -
'Neo' & 'Neophyte' Members - New Thread Requests, Full Members Will Post on Your Behalf

JP

I'm pretty interested in giving this a go as my first OT if there are no issues with that.

Shadow of the Colossus by JP (30th January)
6th February USA / 7th February UK

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What happened to the Dissidia OT? No one wanted to do it I guess?

NickFire

I don’t think I can make topics yet. Someone really needs to make an ot to commemorate that this is the traditional patriots Super Bowl victory month. It will probably die after a week, but it’s guaranteed to be bumped near the end of every January.

cormack12

I don’t think I can make topics yet. Someone really needs to make an ot to commemorate that this is the traditional patriots Super Bowl victory month. It will probably die after a week, but it’s guaranteed to be bumped near the end of every January.

If you throw one together PM me and I'll post it up. I don't much about the topic and therefore wouldn't do it justice sadly.

NickFire

If you throw one together PM me and I'll post it up. I don't much about the topic and therefore wouldn't do it justice sadly.
Due to an unfortunate change of events, stemming primarily from an idiotic decision to bench a starting cornerback and not relent, the thread I requested is cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom