• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The |OT| |OT|: Thread rebooted in gaming forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Nope, go for it :) I've been looking for a good modern looking shmup like resogun tbh
Have you tried Dariusburst Chronicle Savior? It's one of the highest-production sidescrolling shmups out there. Chock-full of content, too, and supports 4p local multiplayer.

If you like top-down, try Ghost Blade HD. I did a 1cc late last year and had a ton of fun practicing for it.

I was just thinking about this Wednesday and yesterday, so I guess I gotta crack my knuckles and get to makin' the thread.

EDIT: posted up the Shmup thread:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/shmups-ot-dodonmuchihimetruxton-arrange-v1-5.1465019/

Last edited:

Redshirt

Banned
I don't see anyone listed for Spider-Man yet. I saw someone talking about it, but no one listed as officially committed. I'm not willing to do it myself, because honestly it seems a bit intimidating. I'm used to slapping together OTs with a few lines and a couple images or videos. The standards at GAF for OTs seem pretty high.

But I know Spider-Man is a big game coming up, so I wanted to alert anyone interested that its OT seems to be open for claim at the moment.

I'll do Spider-Man it if no one picks up, but WTF... There are enough people here interested that this shouldn't be a thing.

Edit: I'm out guys. Someone else take it if you're interested.

Last edited:

Shinriji

I was thinking of making a PS VITA appreciation and homebrew thread, it counts as an OT, right?

Last edited:

MrRendor

Neo Member
What about making OT about an Kickstarter project ? As a friend of mine is developing game, which is in Kickstarter at moment.

I'm pretty sure game needs to be playable to make OT so instead it would be better to post normal thread about kickstarter project

AuraFeliz

Neo Member
Searched and there doesnt seem to be any Heathstone topic, just a news piece thread about Blizzard making more games in a similar vein to it.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I claim a general VS Puzzle OT in the spirit of my shmups OT as long as no one objects. I have even more knowledge and experience with vs puzzle as I do with shmups and people didn't complain much about how I handled the otherone.

Any suggestions for what to include? I plan to include an overview of many of the notable games (brief descriptions and explanation of play) and links to pertinent articles and high-level play. I'd also drop related Vs Puzzle news stories since those don't usually get enough attention to warrant their own thread.

VS. Puzzle |OT| Breaking News: Columns of Puyos have just Tetris Attacked Dr. Mario

by DunDunDunpac hi

Anyone want to do a fighting game OT? I love fighting games but am not qualified to built an OT of such a stature.

TimFL

No one interested in makin one for Red Dead Online? It launches in a few hours, would love to see first impressions.

zenspider

Anyone want to volunteer to teach me how to make an OT? I'd like to do Monster Boy or Battle Princess Madelyn, but anything to cut my teeth on would be fine.

Zewp

So I've been noticing that a lot of game's simply don't get OTs and I think it's because it's such a big commitment. There's been a couple of times where I've wished for an OT so I could discuss a game, but there were none around and I simply can't commit to one. I have a full time job and I barely have time for videogames many evenings, much less to compile an OT with all the effort that that involves, and then continue to maintain it indefinitely or until the game becomes irrelevant.

Can we consider relaxing the rules on OTs a bit? I don't mean we shouldn't have OTs like we do now, but say if there's no OT and someone makes a quick OT that doesn't satisfy all the rules in this thread, they can. With the caveat that if someone later comes along who does want to make a proper OT, they immediately get the right to do that.

It just seems weird to force people to commit to this extremely time-consuming format, or else just not get an OT at all.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 4

It's been out for a month, but there are still occasional threads starting up about it, people have mentioned the lack of an OT. I'm assuming nobody is making one. Any issues if I go ahead an put one together?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yo, I gots the KH3 OT assuming nobody has done it yet. Same with RE2R.
Looking forward to your OTs!

tenor.gif

I wouldn't mind doing an Official SEGA Software Thread when I become a full member. (Everything Software side mostly although Hardware can be discussed as well).

Would that be okay?

Andyliini

I thought of doing Travis Strikes Again OT, but didn't feel like it considering it's negative reception. Didn't want to make a thread full of negativity. I'll do Yoshi's Crafted World for sure, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom