• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: The Final Season gets its last trailer ahead of Episode 4’s release

Humdinger

The Walking Dead: The Final Season gets its last trailer ahead of Episode 4’s release

Skybound Games has released a trailer for the fourth, and last episode of The Walking Dead: The Final Season.

The series finale of The Walking Dead: The Final Season will be released next week, and the trailer for Episode 4: Take Us Back is now available.

If you haven’t finished Episode 3: Broken Toys, you may wish to advert your eyes, as the video may contain spoilers.

This short, spoiler-free synopsis was provided for the trailer:

“Clementine and AJ’s journey is nearly at its end, but with an explosive cliffhanger before the finale, how will the survivors fare against foes both alive and undead? “

The Walking Dead: The Final Season – Episode 4: Take Us Back releases March 26 on PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/23/walking-dead-final-season-episode-4-trailer/

Last edited:

Horatius

how is this last season? obv the layoffs and stuff were a disaster, but was the game good? was holding off playing it, possibly permanently, because of what happened, but the more i think about it the more i want to give it whatever send off i can

really enjoyed the rest of the games

Kadayi

Banned
I've held off playing the final season as I wanted to do it all in one run. Was very sad when Telltale went to the wall but pleased that Skybound was able to step up and help bring the series to a conclusion. Looking forward to this, with some slight trepidation.

iorek21

Kinda like the game that was built around The Final Season, but the story is somewhat weak, it lacks the emotion and intensity that S1 and S2 had

Humdinger

how is this last season? obv the layoffs and stuff were a disaster, but was the game good? was holding off playing it, possibly permanently, because of what happened, but the more i think about it the more i want to give it whatever send off i can

I'm enjoying the last season quite a bit. It's as good as the second and third seasons, maybe better. It has plenty of drama and good characters.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

walking dead is well past its prime.

the show is bombing. telltale fell apart. the only good Walking Dead product these days is the comics. Nobody is interested in Walking Dead like they were back in 2010-2012.

Looking forward to the last episode. The previous episode's cliffhanger was really well done despite it being the most up & down episode for me. Still think it's got the best cast of characters since S1. I do think the concept of staying at the boarding school hampered the plot to a degree. I thought the rescue mission might offer a locale change
but maybe not since the boat's engine blew up? I really wanted a proper look at Lilly's community.

There's a lot more ground I'd like to cover with these characters and I'm skeptical that they can get it all done with only one episode left. I'm not watching any of the trailers for the final ep. I'm predicting we should at least finally find out what happened at McCaroll ranch. I really hope it's not rushed. 4+ hour ep and they can pull it off imo.

Teslerum

walking dead is well past its prime.

the show is bombing. telltale fell apart. the only good Walking Dead product these days is the comics. Nobody is interested in Walking Dead like they were back in 2010-2012.

Comic kinda overstays its welcome as well though. I thought Angela dying was completly unessacary for one and current arc is boring. Rather the series had ended before Whisperers, with the timeskip serving as an epilog. Perfect time, perfect ending.

Last edited:
Just finished the last episode. It was great. Very emotional. Pairs everything down to really focus on Clem & AJ and I think that was the right move with the time they had. Cried at several points in the game. Clem is one of the all time greatest characters in gaming and I'm glad they did her justice for her final outing. Her dynamic with AJ is solidified as great with these last moments.

Gonna let this one sit in my head for a bit before I play anything else. So glad they stuck the landing.

This will end up on Game Pass by the end of the year, I'd guess. I think the entire Walking Dead Telltale series will be on Game Pass (already have Seasons 1 and 2 on their along with Michonne).

Humdinger

Finished the last episode.

I'd give it an 8.0. It was touching, but they sort of side-stepped the horror. I wasn't too keen on the ending. It was okay. The overall episode was well-done, though. It's a good-enough farewell.

Horatius

i caved and played it

it was delightful and i'll miss clementine and this world a lot

though the first season does somewhat tower over the rest, i always thought people were unfairly critical of the later seasons. thoroughly enjoyed the cast + story of this one, and it was a good ending. i thought the way they used a mechanic from the last of us at the end was particularly effective.

bye telltale bye clem luv u :(

Mista

Banned
I played the first episode and stopped. Now it’s time to play all of the rest. Damn I’m going to miss Clem

Top Bottom