• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "What are you reading?" thread February 2nd Edition

7Th

71317g0.jpg

Unamuno's style sure is interesting. The "Como hacer una novela" novel/essay is quite surreal.

DarkAngyl

Jupiter said:
Same here. After reading AFFC then This one, I have to put Malzans Book of the Fallen above
A Song of Ice and Fire.

I'm not sure I want to put it there just yet, I still loves me some Martin, even though AFFC was flawed in a lot of areas. The characters are still so damned strong, and that's what I really love about Martin's work.

Speaking of authors with fantastic characters, I recently finished Robin Hobb's The Tawny Man series. Fantastic stuff. I really didn't think I'd like it as much as the Liveship stuff, but it was easily as good if not better. Especially Fool's Fate. The whole cast were so well developed, especially for a first person POV. I was amazed and enthralled the entire time. If you haven't read Hobb, please do so. Start with The Farseer books, then Liveship, then Tawny Man as they all interconnect.

So my fantasy Pantheon at the moment is Martin, Hobb, and Erikson in that order. But Erikson is coming up fast. ;)

KingGondo

Banned
The Iliad - for class

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World (Haruki Murakami) - for a research project

A Scanner Darkly (Philip K. Dick) - for fun!

Falch

Last book I finished was The Double by Noble Price winner Jose Saramago:

1843430991.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Tough read (well atleast for me since English isn't my first language), but well worth it. Highly recommended.

Currently reading John Gardner's Grendel:

49381.jpg

I'm very impressed so far (almost half way through).

After that I'm going to check out Asimov's Foundation.

desa

kh-001-200x303.jpg

Amazing book. I finished it in a couple of nights. Something I rarely do. I heard a movie adaptation is underway.

Polari

Just finished "A Brief History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson, really good, really interesting both as a science book and a history one.

So I'm now re-reading "The Crucible" and "Pride and Predjudice". :)

Last books I've read:

067972723X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The Eye by Vladimir Nabokov

n127088.jpg

The Fall by Albert Camus

Currently reading:
1853753130.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The Conformist by Alberto Moravia

Next up:
0553211757.jpg

Crime and Punishment by Fydor Dostoevsky

0747549923.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last Exit to Brooklyn by Hubert Selby Jr.

Top Bottom