• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

This I don't think was the smartest decision. To call for tags on everyone who has criticisms for the game is honestly fucking retarded and childish. Calling out Evilore and Duckroll is pretty retarded too. You seem to feel that this is a great game and that should be all that matters. You created a project that you enjoy and feel proud of. This should be enough. Somehow labeling detractors and moderators to give you pleasure should not be necessary.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Denis Dyack said:
I would like to make a honorary invitation to EvilLore and Duckroll who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision and I want to remind everyone that I have an advantage of actually playing the game.
And the disadvantage of having a strong built-in bias. :D

Doesn't look too great to me yet, I haven't been impressed by the vids so far. I don't think my feelings are strong enough to be considered "against," though, particularly if tag bets are involved. Call me neutral.

eve241

PistolGrip said:
wow this is a bit childish.

BTW its unfair only you get Owned by GAF. yet all that go against get Owned By Too Human. I say your stakes a too low.

How about in addition to getting tagged you make a public apology to GAF on a podcast and on your website. I think thats a fair trade

It seems this thread is designed for people to say for since there is no consequences for them.

Everyone voting "For" should be tagged "Owned by GAF". That's fair.

PhatSaqs

Banned
PistolGrip said:

BTW its unfair only you get Owned by GAF. yet all that go against get Owned By Too Human. I say your stakes a too low.

How about in addition to getting tagged you make a public apology to GAF on a podcast and on your website. I think thats a fair trade

It seems this thread is designed for people to say for since there is no consequences for them.
Kinda true. Maybe give Denis a custom made m0dus "owned by GAF" avatar.

mm04

And here I thought Henry was ballsy for even posting info in the last Too Human thread. This is some funny shit right here.

I'm definitely giving it a shot. One of the huge reasons is it's something different on consoles and I find the concept interesting. So a "For" next to my name.

PistolGrip said:

How is paying $60 for a game not a consequence? Unless of course you think a lame tag is worth more than spending $60 on something that might be crap.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
schuelma said:
Did I just find a surefire way to get a tag?!? :lol :lol

Would you want to be owned by Too Human for the sake of a tag? I am against Too Human i have to add. I dont see any potential in it except a worthy thread of awesome

Tobor

PistolGrip said:

The consequence for "for" people is that they spent $60 on the game.

I'm willing to put my money where my "for" is.

eve241

Big-E said:
This I don't think was the smartest decision. To call for tags on everyone who has criticisms for the game is honestly fucking retarded and childish. Calling out Evilore and Duckroll is pretty retarded too. You seem to feel that this is a great game and that should be all that matters. You created a project that you enjoy and feel proud of. This should be enough. Somehow labeling detractors and moderators to give you pleasure should not be necessary.

I think you're are not getting what this is about. This is about not taking this fanboyism/GAF too seriously and getting a laugh out of it.

We are not talking about cancer or religion here, people. If you take this so seriously then you need to get a life.

TDG

Banned
:lol Very impressive thread, Denis. Very nice.

I've seen nothing from this game that indicates that it will be bad. The trolling has been hilariously undeserved and unreasonable. It could very well be bad, but the game itself looks fine to me, and everyone who's played it seems to like it. For.

WTMYELOACT.png

"You need to call it. I can't call it for you. It wouldn't be fair."

hclflow

This is one of the most pathetic stunts I've ever seen pulled on GAF. And for it to be a well-known industry figure doing it? Man, that's just icing on the cake.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Hero

Denis Dyack said:
I think it is time to draw the digital line. Too Human will be out in August and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the game comes out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

When the game is released and everyone plays game all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Too Human”.

I would like to make a honorary invitation to EvilLore and Duckroll who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision and I want to remind everyone that I have an advantage of actually playing the game.

I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling Too Human in other threads to point them here. :D

So it’s time to be stand and be counted:

Denis Dyack - “For”

Your criteria for "well received" and "crap" is unclear. Are you going by overall score on Metacritic, Gamerankings, etc? Just the big name media outlets? Reader scores?

C4Lukins

I have no idea if it is going to turn out good, but I am certainly "for" it being good. I am also for Denis getting temporary mod privileges if the game averages over a 9, where he can lay vengeance down on the haters for a day.

SPEA

Big-E said:
*InternetSeriousBusiness.gif*

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
The Dyack, I was for until you axed four player co-op over Live.

You hooked me with lavish dreams of PSO reborn, then dashed me on the rocks of disappointment when you scaled back to two players.

NEUTRAL.

We'll talk after the demo.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Endow said:
Everyone voting "For" should be tagged "Owned by GAF". That's fair.
thats not as bad as Owned by Too human me thinks. How about "I got ass raped because of Dyack's ego"

KdoubleA

Too Human always sounded promising to me and while it did lose a chunk of its promise with all the stuff that's been going around (Epic law-suit, no 4 player co-op, awful screen captures [sorry], etc.), I still believe this will be a great game!!

So yeah...FOR!!

A Demo is also pretty much needed if you're confident with the gameplay....Besides,
Diablo 3 is right around the corner :p

SPEA said:
Some of you guys take the internet way to seriously.
Thank You!!
Was about to post this same thing.
Lighten up.
Gaf rocks but it does not represent the entire gaming world. A few hundred to a couple of thousand will see this thread.

[Nintex]

CitizenCope said:
Thank You!!
Was about to post this same thing.
Lighten up.
Gaf rocks but it does not represent the entire gaming world. A few hundred to a couple of thousand will see this thread.
This'll be all over the internet, I remember that GAF was down for a day and most blogs and sites simply stopped posting news. :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
PistolGrip said:
thats not as bad as Owned by Too human me thinks. How about "I got ass raped because of Dyack's ego"

How about all of you who have been trolling the game for the past couple of years to actually put the money where your mouth is?

Where's that Cat dude??? Come here kitty kitty, come here.

And maduza, or mabuza. Cmon, all the trolling you would expect GAF to have a hard on to post against in this thread, let's see those fireworks people, on the double!

C Jones

I was a definite "FOR" before the removal of 4 player co-op. That shook me up a bit.

But this move is so ballsy....I love it...I've got to put my chips in...

FOR!!!

So here we have a war between people about a game that 90% haven't played?

I know I am not in any position to say this, but this seems like a thread worthy of LOLcats or other random .gifs

GHG

This is desperate...

Just let the game come out and GAF will reassess whether the game is any good. Its happened before and will happen again.

Desi

Hero said:
Your criteria for "well received" and "crap" is unclear. Are you going by overall score on Metacritic, Gamerankings, etc? Just the big name media outlets? Reader scores?
Also since he claims this will be the best game this holiday season would it have to outscore everything, out sell, hit a 9+ average, or all three?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom