• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer drops for Jordan Peele’s new horror movie, “Us”

Following his financial and critical success with “Get Out,” Peele returns with a new horror movie in “Us.”

Starring Lupita Nyong’o and Winston Duke

Looks creepy as hell. Honestly imo it looks great.

I didn’t know much about it before seeing this. A couple things I read after watching this is apparently the bad guys are referred to as “The Tethered” and I saw a quote from Peele that unlike “Get Out,” this movie “isn’t necessarily about race.”

I love the use of “I Got 5 On It” in this trailer. Brilliant.

I liked Get Out. For me it wasn’t a 10 or a masterpiece but I enjoyed it. Solid thriller. Peele seems to have a pretty creative mind for filmmaking. I’m looking forward to this.

There’s already a number of interesting theories. Some speculation in my spoiler tag.

The mom seems to be the center of whatever is going on. They don’t have a young daughter so I’m assuming the girl scenes in the trailer are the mom as a child. The rabbits look like some lab experiment? Peele’s choice of song probably isn’t a coincidence as he seems like a “everything for a reason” guy. Only thing is there’s 4 in the family, not 5, so I’m not sure what “I got 5 on it” would be relevant to. Unless the girl isn’t the mom as a child? Peele’s hashtag being used with the trailer is “WatchYourself,” so obviously there’s some inner demon element to the monsters. Not sure if they will end up supernatural or psychological in nature. The Tethered use scissors and I guess the metaphor will be what they are trying to cut free from?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Creepy premise, trailer doesn't give away too much, Peele is the man, will watch.

DeafTourette

Older than air but younger than the foundations of the earth
Dude... I'm there! I loved Get Out! This is already a must watch!

kunonabi

Looks very good and you can tell Peele is continuing to improve his craft. Hopefully they nail the ending this time.

Mr Hyde

Was greatly disappointed in Get out. So many rave reviews, like it was the greatest horror movie ever made, and it was lame as fuck, especially in the horror department. Should´ve marked it as witty satire loaded with social commentary instead because scary it was not.

Last edited:
Was greatly disappointed in Get out. So many rave reviews, like it was the greatest horror movie ever made, and it was lame as fuck, especially in the horror department. Should´ve marked it as witty satire loaded with social commentary instead because scary it was not.

“Us” definitely seems like a more conventional take on horror/scary than “Get Out.”

I agree that “Get Out” really isn’t that scary outside of a scene or two. I still give it a 7 out of 10 overall.

God Enel

Agree though I don’t think it’s a bad movie but it’s nothing special as well.

This one looks great imho. Genuinely excited for this one.

Javthusiast

Banned
Damn, whoever did the edit on this trailer with this great remix of the song deserves a freaking oscar. I got mad chills watching it.

Last edited:

Its a psychological thriller, not a slasher film.

olimariOA

Banned
I don't think it looks very good, but it could be the case of the trailer avoiding twists and deeper themes.
I liked 'Get Out' a lot, but I don't think it was the best movie I saw that year like some people do.

manfestival

Doesn't looks scary but I totally dig the premise. I am willing to suspend my disbelief like I did with "A Quiet place" for this movie.

Mohonky

This looks properly creepy as fuck! Really want to see this! So many horror movies are just run of the mill cookie cutter films, but this looks different, as was Get Out.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
He is a popular comedian. Most known for making shows on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Heidecker
My favorites...

Tom Goes to the Mayor

Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!

On Cinema

Oh he made a commercial for the Purple Mattress people (actual advertisement for a real company)

Ah! So this is where the weird/funny stuff in the movie will be coming from. This dude seems to have a quirky style to his comedy.

Silent Duck

When I started watching the trailer I went through four stages:
(1) “Creepy killer hobo from beach” movie.... uh huh, yawn.
(2) “Strangers” rip off... meh.
(3) Creepy doppleganger kid moving like a spider!
MadFlippantDoe-max-1mb.gif

(4) I think I want to see this.:unsure:

There was new teaser aired during the Super Bowl

Basically the same footage as first, with a couple new shots and lines

Oh and without the awesome music from first trailer

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
If Jordan Peele being involved is any indication that this will have a more social commentary meta story going on, I'd imagine the whole:
attackers literally being the family, as shown in the trailer
...will play some kind of setup for that.

I'll definitely be watching. "Get Out" got Jordan Peele a "will watch next movie no matter what" pass out of me.

Last edited:
If Jordan Peele being involved is any indication that this will have a more social commentary meta story going on, I'd imagine the whole:

I'll definitely be watching. "Get Out" got Jordan Peele a "will watch next movie no matter what" pass out of me.
I hope his Twilight Zone will good.

The Hermit

I think this is hardly a spoiler. The title of the movie is called "Us"

And I do agree with you, there will be a lot of social commentary involved.

Duallusion

I'm hoping this will be either better then Get Out or not as overrated. Looking forward to see how it turns out; trailer is all kinds of awesome.

cryptoadam

Banned
I am interested to see what the plot is but I have a feeling its going to be that they are really the other family(hence the title US) and are doing all the bad things subconciosly. Or it will be like some alternate dimension thing. Either way the two groups are the same people we just don't know what the "evil" group is exactly. But are they really "evil"? maybe its the "good" guys who are the evil ones.

I am interested to see what the plot is but I have a feeling its going to be that they are really the other family(hence the title US) and are doing all the bad things subconciosly. Or it will be like some alternate dimension thing. Either way the two groups are the same people we just don't know what the "evil" group is exactly. But are they really "evil"? maybe its the "good" guys who are the evil ones.

I feel there is something science related, and it seems clear there’s a connection to the mom’s past.

The bad guys called “Tethered” is telling as well

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
I feel there is something science related, and it seems clear there’s a connection to the mom’s past.

I could see it being something happened in the moms past and the family split into "2" families. The red freaky ones and the normal ones. In the end they find out that the freaky doppelangers are really the family it was all in their heads and they were doing all the bad things. Thats what I get from it. But of course this could all be deception and the plot has nothing to do what I am thinking.

Top Bottom