• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails into Reverie - Character Trailer

saintjules

Sadly I don't think I can get into this franchise anymore. There's just too many entries and each one being astronomically long.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Me too. It's just too much that I no longer care. I'd much rather just have a new JRPG from them.

The newest arc, Kuro no Kiseki, is pretty much a soft reboot. It still takes place in the same world, but is far removed story-wise from the other games with just cameos & minor characters crossing over. I hope it comes to the West next year! Hopefully you give it a shot.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Sadly I don't think I can get into this franchise anymore. There's just too many entries and each one being astronomically long.
I no lifed the series from SC to the end Cold Steel 1. Each one just kept getting better and better, until Cold Steel. Still need to finish CS 2, 3, and 4 yet.

Definitely worth playing for the first 5 games alone though!

supersale88

Neo Member
Oh thank god, it became so uninteresting to me with so many characters. It was one of my favorite RPG series until the Cold Steel saga. Hope that kuro is a bit more interesting.

Gambit2483

Just started this series and I actually can't wait to dive into all of it. Almost finished "Zero" and will move to Azure or "Cold Steel 1" next.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Note to self, check this series out and where to start since there's like 15 of them and I'm lost.

The correct order is

Part 1:
Trails in the Sky
Sky Second Chapter
Sky the 3rd
Part 2:
Trails from Zero
Trails to Azure
Part 3:
Cold Steel I, II, III, IV
Epilogue:
Trails into Reverie

I started at Cold Steel and still had a great time. Many westerners started at Cold Steel. But its very laid back (some would say boring, I disagre). Sky has more adventure and you will be going in proper release order. Up to you.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this game is set post the final Cold Steel game, correct?

Even plot summaries for all the older games will take hours on youtube sigh.

Astray

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this game is set post the final Cold Steel game, correct?

Even plot summaries for all the older games will take hours on youtube sigh.
Yes.

It's basically a second Sky 3rd, a game that functions as an epilogue for the games before it, adds closure to the smaller leftover plot threads, and sets up new plot threads for the new subseries to come.

Top Bottom