• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

LeleSocho

Banned
This anarchy/democracy thing really killed the fun, there's *only* 54k viewers now.
Even if the streamer removes it now i doubt it will regain those viewers.

TheOGB

Banned
This anarchy/democracy thing really killed the fun, there's *only* 54k viewers now.
We passed 100,000 (and LoL) after the system was put in place.

And I actually don't think it's changed from Anarchy since we left the Hideout.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

It peaked during the most intense media coverage. It will probably be lower from now on I think unless there's a second wave of mainstream attention for some reason.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I've been watching this stream for so long, and it's given me some hilarious moments, so I drew a little thing in commemoration. I finally got to use my tablet too - thanks stream!
twitch_plays_pokemon___red_s_encounters__by_flynncl-d774421.png

darksagus

It's early morning for US and morning for Europe. The viewer count always drops during this time, it'll pick back up throughout the day.

The streamer just shot himself in the foot. I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Twitch Plays Pokemon culture (I’m an expert), but the chaos is huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in other streamings where you can become successful by having a democracy system. If you implement a voting system, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. What this means is the chat, after seeing this, is not going to want to use neither democracy or anarchy. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the streamer has alienated an entire chat with this move. The streamer, publicly apologize and reset the game or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Ricky 7

That's because everyone else is at work/school or sleeping. The number of viewers always drops by half in the mornings. It'll be back to 110k this evening.

TheOGB

Banned
The streamer just shot himself in the foot. I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Twitch Plays Pokemon culture (I’m an expert), but the chaos is huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in other streamings where you can become successful by having a democracy system. If you implement a voting system, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. What this means is the chat, after seeing this, is not going to want to use neither democracy or anarchy. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the streamer has alienated an entire chat with this move. The streamer, publicly apologize and reset the game or you can kiss your business goodbye.
4tCIK.gif
4tCIK.gif
Well played.

LeleSocho

Banned
It's early morning for US and morning for Europe. The viewer count always drops during this time, it'll pick back up throughout the day.

That's because everyone else is at work/school or sleeping. The number of viewers always drops by half in the mornings. It'll be back to 110k this evening.
I don't know if that's the case sincerely... in 6 days i always noticed that the viewers dropped the time it was 12 hours ago and at this time of the day was already recovered and at a new viewers record.

i laughed.

Speaking of which... Good morning!

Just woke up, as the above said a very large part of is is the fact that it's around noon in most of Europe (IE, at work or school) and early morning (3:30 to 6:30am) in the US (where I live). It'll pick up again in a few hours, just like most days.

Wallach

I don't know if that's the case sincerely... in 6 days i always noticed that the viewers dropped the time it was 12 hours ago and at this time of the day was already recovered and at a new viewers record.

Around 12 hours ago has always been peak time for this stream, that is evening PST. Around this time (3-4 AM PST) it was 40-45k or yesterday.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I can't believe I missed the second Giovanni fight. I went to sleep exactly one hour before it happened, stupid me. I always go to bed at around 1:30 AM, why did I have to go at 0:00 yesterday?

Anyway, great work guys. Giovanni got what he deserved, Dux put on a fantastic show and Bird Jesus was amazing as always.

_hekk05

Banned
Anyone got a link to the google doc? Closed it down last night without thinking about it before bed.

There's a link in the OP.

I will go to sleep in about 3 hours, so I'll unleash OT2 then, unless there's a sudden influx of omgs if twitch manages to successfully evolve drowzee to hypno.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Around 12 hours ago has always been peak time for this stream, that is evening PST. Around this time (3-4 AM PST) it was 40-45k or yesterday.

yep now is the low time, it's 10:30pm in aus, so i watch it all night, and check it again in about 8 hours when i go to work.. and thats when the numbers have spiked up heavily

CassSept

People were saying exactly the same thing yesterday at the same time, yet miraculously the stream peaked at 110k in the evening, up from 80k the day before.

kubus

I've been watching this stream for so long, and it's given me some hilarious moments, so I drew a little thing in commemoration. I finally got to use my tablet too - thanks stream!

Amazing. Good job!
Now I feel like drawing some stuff too, it's been too long and I feel inspired by Lord Helix.

Amazing. Good job!
Now I feel like drawing some stuff too, it's been too long and I feel inspired by Lord Helix.

Likewise... my tablet hasn't been used in ages... just got to find something that catches my eye though. Bit of an itch to do something though.

Bumhat

Replacing Thunderbolt with Swift, and now they're near a PC. Brace yourselves.

Edit: left without touching it! That's a first.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Did they really go there just to get Swift? What is that going to do for them?

We really should have waited until after Pokemon Tower to get it. With the luck we've had, we'll probably just end up overwriting one of the moves we need for Pokemon Tower.

CALLED IT! There goes one of the three moves we had that could hit ghosts.

Axass

Why is it that I just saw the red words "Wrote State 1" or something flash on screen. How did they trigger the emulator's save function? Is it timed?

TheOGB

Banned
Eventually we need to have a serious conversation about how Digrat, while a good asset to the team at many points, has actively--and LITERALLY--been undermining much of what we do.

Top Bottom