• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unfortunately Named Games

theHFIC

always wondered wtf Divine Divinity meant since that is probably one of the dumbest game titles out there.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
German for "sword"?

51%2BrH1yZXuL._SX342_.jpg
I'll say. They knew what they were doing with that font. A nice big "sword".

Obligatory:

Revengers of Vengeance

Infinite Undiscovery

Columns 3: Revenge of Columns

Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of The Movie

And XEXEX because nobody ever pronounces it correctly.

Sorry no time for pics. =S

Last edited:
legend of zelda because you play as link.
Or Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask because Zelda isn't really isn't in the game except for one scene in the beginning.

Shakka43

Personally, I feel this title is an accurate representation of what's in the game, and it kinda sells you on it right away. You don't even need to look at the back cover to know what it is about. If only US games could have such descriptive and useful titles:

The Last of Us - The Budding Sexuality of a Repressed Homosexual Girl Played Out Against the Backdrop of a Post Apocalyptic Zombie(ish) Outbreak As a Grizzled, Bitter Veteran Fights Through His Damaged Past and Discovers How To Love Again By Replacing His Dead Daughter In His Heart With a Daughter Replacement That's Just As Good.
That would have left a lot of people confused as Ellie wasn't gay in TLoU.

I think Apex Legends is a shit name for a good game.

I thought it was a mobile game when I first heard it.

Last edited:

Allandor

Phenomenal game. And how many people knew this is German for "sword"?

51%2BrH1yZXuL._SX342_.jpg
Well, actually this doesn't mean sword, it just means it is a "one-handed" something (like "one-handed bandit") But really not a great name with a "Ä" in it. How should someone with an american keyoard search for this game ^^ (ok .. internet at PS1 times … oO )

german -> english
Einhänder -> one-handed
Schwert -> Sword
einhändiges Schwert -> one-handed sword

EbqqaDd5_400x400.png
(somebody already gave the correct answer on page 1)

This isn't even unfortunately named, because the "ship" grabs the attachments/weapons with one "hand".

On Topic: Did I just not see the mention of "Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance"?
What about "Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence"?

Top Bottom