• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

QuickSilverD said:
OK. I see that the title changed and the thread grew 20-something pages since last time I checked. so serious question:

What the fuck is going on?
U K Narayan said:
Okay, here's what's going on for those who are out of the loop - or simply don't know what's going on.

On Saturday, December 6th (today) - Famitsu let slip that the "huge announcement" is actually Metal Gear Soda. The flash splash-screen that a good lot of you have already looked at is for a Metal Gear ARG that is going to tie in with the soda line-up on November 12th.

Famitsu withdrew the statement, but shagg_187 was able to copy it:

METALGEARSODA日本2009年1月1日に発売される。それに加え、 METALGEARSODAはフリーDLCとしてエネルギードリンクの代用としてMGS4 " REGAIN "利用できるようになります

This image was also posted in the article:
ojpjjl.jpg

This is an example for a design competition that will be held on a monthly basis for the product's run. Consumers will be able to submit artwork to Konami, and the best submission will be printed on the month's run of the soda. The artwork will also be packed as a poster in Famitsu Magazine and Shonen Jump.

Currently, only three flavors are known:

Ocelot Orange
Liquid Snake Grape
Solid SassperSnakeilla
Yep. And, on that note, I think I'll just sit and watch.

panda21

its actually monday morning in japan already now, hopefully more metal gear soda news will filter through soon, i'm really thirsty.

Epcott

so umm hay gaiez...

What happens when there's actual news? Will the thread transform from carnival to the old thread title?

I don't want the carnival to end

:..(

Epcott said:
so umm hay gaiez...

What happens when there's actual news? Will the thread transform from carnival to the old thread title?

I don't want the carnival to end

:..(
Likely scenario is that this thread will be closed, and a new thread will be opened.

Barrett2

U K Narayan said:
Likely scenario is that this thread will be closed, and a new thread will be opened.

I thought it was established that this thread was on the verge of attaining sentience. If so, how could it close?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
U K Narayan said:

Once the source of lulz returns to zero, a new one, a new thread will be born. That thread is yours to post in, not as a Gaffer... but as a man.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
If that can is for reals and says Chin-Chin on it, that is outstanding.

RevenantKioku said:
If that can is for reals and says Chin-Chin on it, that is outstanding.

RevenantKioku
PEINS PEINS PEINS
PEINS PEINS PEINS
PEINS PEINS PEINS
PEINS PEINS PEINS oh
god i am drowning in them
(Today, 08:06 PM)
Reply | Quote

Making one of the flavours sasparilla is a dead giveaway, U K. There are few tastes the Japanese find more disgusting and revolting than good ol' root beer, Okinawa aside.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh my. Totally unexpected.

Top Bottom