• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of a Tale (out on PS4 March 21st)

Humdinger

This just came out, and it's getting some good reviews. I was impressed by some of what I read about below.

Ghost of a Tale is an indie title developed mostly by one guy, with a total crew of 5. It was an indie go go project, from 2013. It came out on PC last year. It just released on PS4.

Reviews are good. It's running 86 on metacritic right now, although that's probably high, since the PC version scored 75.

Still, some of the review quotes impressed me.

I think it's probably $30, but I'll bite.

HGUPKYM6UHVyMAeNqkuLdA.jpg

Here are some review quotes:

"Ghost of a Tale represents the indie development spirit at its best. A delightful little stealth game, produced largely by a single person, it's a game the eschews refinement for spirit and soul, and as a result it's one of the more memorable examples of its genre."

"A Ghost of a Tale is a solid vision, and done justice given its the development constraints. It was remarkably brave of the developer to tackle a genre and subject as complex as this, and it's a remarkable achievement that it has come out the other end as compelling and deeply playable as it is. It's these kinds of games that make the fascination with the "AAA" blockbuster space so tiring; why play something so utterly sterile and safe (but looks big budget), when you can play something that looks close enough, and comes with vivid creative energy and artistic vision?"

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2019/03/review-ghost-of-tale-sony-playstation-4.html

"Ghost of a Tale is heartwarming adventure, lovingly inspired by cinematic, literary and gaming greats."

"an effervescently charming, third-person action adventure that PS4 players everywhere should take the time to enjoy."

"Ghost of a Tale is a gorgeously crafted odyssey that demands to be played."

"Ghost of a Tale is nothing less than an astounding feat. I am totally in love with Tilo, the world he and his numerous friends inhabit and his quest for his beloved Meera and I think, if you let him scurry his way into your life, you will be too."

https://www.psu.com/reviews/ghost-of-a-tale-review/

ghost-of-a-tale-review-02-1024x576.jpg

"The more you immerse yourself in the mysteries hidden in its charming world of mice and rats, the more you enjoy and the more you understand how special Ghost of a Tale is. It is an adventure with capital letters; a video game that excites, that surprises, and that shows that it is not only beautiful on the outside."

"Although Ghost Of A Tale does very well many things like the great design of both levels and artistic, completely evocative, it is the whole that really amazed me. It is difficult to find an example in another video game that is exactly the same as what it proposes to us and that is something worthy of admiration. The feeling of exploring freely (and also free of indicators of any kind), without anyone helping us with some very difficult objects to find and some missions that make you brainstorm and thoroughly review each of the scenarios, is something that You see little in current video games especially without the addition of a strong component of action, which the game does not need at all. This is a work to contemplate, to walk from corner to corner like the mouse we are, escaping the oppressive rats and discovering each of the secrets and secondary missions that hides the strength of the Altos Derruina. A game of mice, yes, but with a soul."

https://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/analisis/25123/0/ghost-of-a-tale/

"Ghost of a Tale carries the same charm these simple stories had when we were children, showing how even a setting that may seem childish at first glance can be used to talk about some very serious themes.

"Ghost of a Tale is an action role-playing game, but it’s a bit reductive defining it just as a simple ARPG, as the game’s among the most unique released in recent years. For starters, it features no combat at all."

"Ghost of a Tale is a truly unique action role-playing game that tells a very meaningful story and sports some features that make the game stand out from the competition, such as the setting and stealth-focused gameplay. The technical issues, however, can get a bit in the way of enjoyment, but if you can let this slide, you will find an experience that will stay with you for quite a long time.

https://wccftech.com/review/ghost-of-a-tale-worth-telling/

Last edited:
Top Bottom