• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

DeanKind

Neo Member

Don't know if anyone is into 90's hip-hop but this is my bread and butter :)
My brother informed me of this song on Spotify, can't stop listening to it, not a greater feeling than discovering a "new" hip-hop song from in the past that you've never heard before, because "hip-hop" today is dead to me.

Fiona Apple teamed up with King Princess to do a revision of Apple’s song from her 1999 album called “I Know”

It’s beautiful, I think it’s spotify only, I can’t find a full version video or link for it

Baby,
I can’t help you out,
While she is still around

Last edited:
I'm not sure if he's real, or it's just an act he puts on. Or maybe it started off as an act and then it became real. But for some weird reason (maybe I recently suffered brain damage) I like the songs.

Last edited:

Meesh

LP, lost on you. Just discovered her and shes so fucking good!! Underrated??

U2, Songs of Experience. Some pretty solid tracks there.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

I have listened to this song all day after discovering it, really awesome stuff.

Holy shit I just had an eargasm! Thanks for sharing, I'll be on the lookout for more of that.

I wasn't super impressed with Z2 or Transcendence but I'm hoping Empath has some real jamming tracks on it.

Since we're on the subject, he just released the first track from it.

It's out there but I dig it. The video is hilarious at points too. Dog and cat faces flying at the screen can't be a bad thing 😂

kingbean

Since we're on the subject, he just released the first track from it.

It's out there but I dig it. The video is hilarious at points too. Dog and cat faces flying at the screen can't be a bad thing 😂

Yah, I watched it this morning. It was pretty good, I'll need to listen to it at home.

Some visuals are pretty funny in the video for sure.

Ecto311

Don't know if anyone is into 90's hip-hop but this is my bread and butter :)
My brother informed me of this song on Spotify, can't stop listening to it, not a greater feeling than discovering a "new" hip-hop song from in the past that you've never heard before, because "hip-hop" today is dead to me.

This album used to be the go to for me and my friends testing out our car systems. The bass in that album at the time (maybe still) was unreal. It would let you know if those 2 15in subs were doing their job. I also still listen to a shitload of 90s hip hop but there is still good stuff being made at least to me. I really like the Epic Beard Men, Sage francis, Ra the Rugged man, Aesop Rock, Jurassic 5, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, Mac Lethal and tons more still cranking out albums. I was always into the lyricly dense stuff and not the Master P bullshit repetitious type of hip hop.

Speaking of covers

Shakira’s take of Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters”

Takes a minute or two before she actually starts singing but she really sounds great live

Wet - “The Middle”

How can I show you I love you?
Now that you’ve put me above you
They’re enough to make you feel little
But now we’re just somewhere in the middle

Top Bottom