• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

I just finished playing God of War (2018). Was sitting in my backlog for way too long. Great game. Hated Atreus. Was begging Kratos to pull a Calliope on him.
Can't decide what to play next. My son got me Fire Emblem 3 Houses for my birthday a couple years ago and I never played it. I feel bad because he goes to college half way across the country and asks me if I played it yet every time I see him... which is only like 2 or 3 times a year. Leaning toward finally jumping in to that one.

GeekyDad

...Which is the best: Tactics Ogre, Live a Live or Octopath 2?
The Octopath games are some of the most beautiful games (and art in general) in the history of gaming, imho. And though the gameplay is really fun, really solid, I'm still playing Tactics Ogre (PSP) regularly throughout the year for years and years thus far. Actually just now taking a slight break from PotD.

I would say as far as game investments go, nothing has given me the returns Tactics Ogre has (except maybe the original DotA on WC3: TFT, which gave me 13 years daily before I finally said a sharp farewell).

Nico_D

I would say as far as game investments go, nothing has given me the returns Tactics Ogre has (except maybe the original DotA on WC3: TFT, which gave me 13 years daily before I finally said a sharp farewell).

That's what I've been reading about it, a lot of people saying the same thing.

Looks like my SRPG needs are going to be satisfied for some time.

Downloaded Valorant, again. I played it for a while before and liked it but got overwhelmed. Going to give it another shot.

Also, downloading Sekiro again. It's definitely my favourite From Software game after Bloodborne but since I can't play that :messenger_unamused: then it has to be Sekiro. I did think about replaying Elden Ring but I can't bring myself to do it. I'll wait for the expansion before returning to it.

I recently had an urge to play C&C Generals again; since I never actually paid for it, I thought the hundreds of hours of fun we had playing LAN with friends two decades ago were well worth buying the Ultimate Collection on Origin.
Currently only playing Generals (with the Rise of the Reds mod - try it, it's great), but the collection includes all Command & Conquer games (1-2-3-4 with expacks + Renegade) and Red Alert games (1-2-3 + expacks) so that gives me a lot to do...

Aesius

Risen 1 on PC

It’s my first Piranha Bytes game. The game started off incredibly difficult, but then I found the second best sword in the game really early on while exploring. Dumped some stats into strength/sword fighting to wield it and the game instantly became super easy.

Humdinger

I liked the first Risen, although I can't imagine playing it now. It's maybe a 6 or 7.

I just finished Miles Morales on New Game+. Good fun. 9/10.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I don't know why, but I fancied another run at Skyrim. I forgot how good the game was. Yeah, the combat is like having a pillow fight, but the world is just so engrossing.

I've already had a three way with a dragon and a giant. What other game can let you do that?

Aesius

I liked the first Risen, although I can't imagine playing it now. It's maybe a 6 or 7.

I just finished Miles Morales on New Game+. Good fun. 9/10.
Honestly, it holds up, albeit in a janky way. It's refreshing to play an open-world RPG with a smallish map (only one town!), relatively few NPCs, and generally no attempt to hold your hand (especially in the beginning). My first 15 hours or so were pretty tense, but once I got that sword, I started annihilating everything. It feels sort of cheap but at the same time, the game absolutely rewards you for exploring and beating difficult areas early on, and not too many games do that these days.

sedg87

Clock Tower: The First Fear
Really short but sweet point and click horror game. The scissor man is really creepy. The setting and atmosphere were great. Looking forward to playing the other games in the series.

Top Bottom