• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

spfZB8Q.jpg

I needed a replacement laptop after my piece of shit Razer Blade that had plagued me for the last 5 years.

Got a Lenovo Thinkpad X1. Hoping it serves me better

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Retrotink 5X with stand for my old Nintendo systems.

s-l500.jpg

Cleaning materials and UV lights to decolor my yellowed SNES shell, hope it goes well like in this video 😬 (Not gonna touch the circuitry)

And an Ultra HDMI mod kit for my Nintendo 64 to get the best picture out of that.

Last edited:
More data for my phone because my broadband has shit the bed completely since Friday night. Someone will be out on Tuesday to have a look at it. Until then I need to use my phone as a hotspot :messenger_unamused: the ISP of my broadband has a fucking cheek to rise their prices by £21/month. Can't even use it.

Zelphyr

Just had my "The Thing" autograph spectacular framed yesterday :pie_grinning:

It took me about 6 years to hunt this one as it's common to find both John Carpenter & Kurt Russell.
I wanted to get most of the supporting cast as possible.

Of course there's John Carpenter (Upper right) and Kurt Russell.
Also
-Keith David (Childs)
-Wilford Brimley (Dr. Blair the Diabetus man!)
-David Clennon (Palmer "You gotta be fuckin' kidding.")
-T.K. Carter (Nauls)
-Joel Polis (Fuchs)
-Thomas G. Waites (Windows)

Collecting for me is all about sentimental value and this one reminds me how I lifted my feet from the sticky cinema floor when I got the shit scared out of me back in 1982.

xKuTbaV.jpg

Barneyco

It took me about 6 years to hunt this one as it's common to find both John Carpenter & Kurt Russell.

Also
-Keith David (Childs)
-T.K. Carter (Nauls)
-Joel Polis (Fuchs)

Collecting for me is all about sentimental value and this one reminds me how I lifted my feet from the sticky cinema floor when I got the shit scared out of me back in 1982.

xKuTbaV.jpg
That's pretty badass. I saw this at a drive-in when i was a teenager.

daveonezero

I love Klein Tools. I would buy everything Klein if I had a chance. Cable sheers, cable testers, screwdrivers, cabling clamps, you name it. They are leagues better than most tools I use.
I like most of their stuff. I found the Platinum tools snips to be awesome and in my second pair of those after 5 years.

I just like tools, gear and gadgets. This thing is versatile and a bit bulky but it replaces 2 other pieces I had and gives me bits for the impact.

Barneyco

You’re replacing an old one?

I don’t have one and I don’t have room but I’d love to just shove one into my
Kitchen somewhere.
I think they make portable dishwashers that you run out of the sink. Don't know if that would help you out at all. Edit: they have small ones that sit on the countertop for $200-300.

Last edited:

Billbofet

Put this together for my best friend that is coming to visit this weekend.
He's obsessed with Last of Us - game and show - so I tried to replicate Joel's watch, but with decent specs (sapphire crystal, automatic, 200m water resistance....) He also thinks he's British- he's not - hence the British military crow's foot.
He's not a watch guy, but I think he'll dig it:

OvCgmfh.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Here is my dishwasher that got delivered.

4rxmECC.jpg
Should have just got one of these and made the wife do the dishes

Also
-Keith David (Childs)
-T.K. Carter (Nauls)
-Joel Polis (Fuchs)

xKuTbaV.jpg

Hey, I appreciate you sharing this with us, man... very fucking COOL!

Winter John

Alpha industry jumper
3my2Q9T.jpg

Bought myself one of their parkas a few months back. It's one of the best I've ever owned. Real lightweight. Keeps the cold out. Last time I wore it, it was around -10. I was toasty as fuck. It felt like a warm summer day

INC

Bought myself one of their parkas a few months back. It's one of the best I've ever owned. Real lightweight. Keeps the cold out. Last time I wore it, it was around -10. I was toasty as fuck. It felt like a warm summer day

Yeh they're dope, tbh tho, I bought because I like the tag on the arm, vanity is my favourite sin 🤣🤣🤣

Zelphyr

Hey, I appreciate you sharing this with us, man... very fucking COOL!
I have a shit ton of signed stuff but only have a fraction of them framed so far.
Turns out high end framing is real expensive.
For example my Bill Paxton "Aliens" autograph only cost me 65$ back in the day but the frame cost me 240$.
But fuck it yes Bill deserves the best 🙂
JkrnvK6.jpg

I will share more when I can but not too much because I don't wanna feel like a show-off asshole 😊

Last edited:
I have a shit ton of signed stuff but only have a fraction of them framed so far.
For example my Bill Paxton "Aliens" autograph only cost me 65$ back in the day but the frame cost me 240$.
JkrnvK6.jpg

I will share more when I can but not too much because I don't wanna feel like a show-off asshole 😊
On behalf of everyone please show-off!

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
JkrnvK6.jpg

First, that is amazing, I would have easily paid three times what you did for it. Second, $240 for framing? My local art store does very nice high-end framing for about half that cost, for frames three times the size.

Top Bottom