• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where and/or when do you typically peruse GAF?

Where do you GAF?

• Bed/bedtime

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Work

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Drunk on a plane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The toilet

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • From the couch while others watch TV

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Outside a dimly lit rest stop after bad decisions

• School

• Internet Cafe

• From the car

• It’s literally all I do all the time everywhere

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Other.. please elaborate

• Total voters

Stouffers

Banned
Some of us browse GAF at work.. others while their wives/waifu-pillows watch Caroline in the City. Personally, my GAF-time is mostly when I’m on the toilet, drunk on a plane or about to fall asleep. Sometimes all three at the same time.

GeekyDad

From my desk at home. It was only once or twice a day when time allowed, but I'm currently on leave, so I have a tab open for it pretty much all day now :D . My 3DS comes to the shitter with me.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
giphy.gif

Elektro Demon

Shits and Giggles
How were you doing it before
I was in an office before.

Just for interest, how big is that "wooden pole" you are "working on" day by day, ED?

And with "pole", you mean that thing cut out of trees or the nationality?
It's actually rare to climb on a wooden pole these days. It happens but 90 percent of the time you use a hydraulic platform to raise yourself and work.
But there are situations where that hydraulic platform truck can't go and that's where you need to climb them on foot.
The standard 0,4kV low voltage wooden poles are 9 meters tall. 10kV wooden poles are 11 meters tall.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I was in an office before.

It's actually rare to climb on a wooden pole these days. It happens but 90 percent of the time you use a hydraulic platform to raise yourself and work.
But there are situations where that hydraulic platform truck can't go and that's where you need to climb them on foot.
The standard 0,4kV low voltage wooden poles are 9 meters tall. 10kV wooden poles are 11 meters tall.

I respect the working man

Didn't allow multiple choices!!! In bed before sleeping, at work, eating breakfast before going to work, sometimes in between rounds in a videogame if there's something particularly funny or interesting going on in GAF.

Papa

Banned
I respect you too bro.
There's no shame in operating a concrete mixer.

NKhVjI4.jpg

I’ve done worse. When I was a wee baby graduate I was installing ventilation stoppings in underground mines. Long shifts feeding shotcrete into the hopper, going all in my eyes and nose. Also spent a lot of time installing roof support. Would have to stand in the loader and hold the 20kg tensioner above my head for 3-4 minutes at a time, 100 times a shift. Manual labour maketh the man.

Top Bottom