• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which abandoned Capcom Franchise would you like brought back?

Which series or game by Capcom should they bring back?

• Total voters

So many good choices but Power Stone is the right choice.

Followed by Final Fight and Dino Crisis.

Froschi

Gargoyle's Quest!
Gargoyle's Quest!
GARGOYLE'S QUEST!

tumblr_o2aokroXw51u6jjy9o1_400.gif

please.

To be honest, the only one I see with potential to come back and stay for some time is Onimusha. The other would probably fail.

PrCat88

The success of Jurassic World beckons a return to Dino Crisis. Namely, Dino Crisis 4 continuing where the 2nd left off. Just imagine: Regina on the RE engine.

Great thread and poll. This was a hard choice between Onimusha, Dino Crisis and Powerstone. I had to go with Powerstone.

Why?

There are no real alternatives to Super Smash Bros. And its a shame, because such an accessible fighting game has so much potential. Kung Fu Chaos was the only thing we had, but it's been... 15 years since then? (2003?) fuuucckkk

Haunting Ground.

Mr X in RE2 remake gives you some idea what it would be like and I'd love to see it, especially Fiona rendered in the RE engine. :messenger_smirking:

The success of Jurassic World beckons a return to Dino Crisis. Namely, Dino Crisis 4 continuing where the 2nd left off. Just imagine: Regina on the RE engine.

A lot of people don't know that the story of 2 was followed up on by Dino Stalker, the light gun game.

Of course almost no one played it, so it'd be easy to retcon.

Poor Maximo never did find Sophia, it'd be nice if a third Maximo game was made.

element

Powerstone! Seriously. Powerstone!

Bionic Commando. Rearmed was great. I'd love to have them take another shot at that.
Breath of Fire. After playing Dragon Quest, I'd love to get some more classic JRPG with a modern twist.
Ghosts 'n Goblins. More platform fun!

JimiNutz

Banned
Has anyone suggested Marvel: Infinity Stones?

Basically a Power Stone reboot with a Marvel skin? That's be pretty cool I think. It would help a Power Stone sequel to sell a shit load (due to the Marvel licence) and bring the gameplay of that franchise back to the masses.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Zephir

There's nothing that i would love more than a new console Breath of Fire...even a remaster of 3,4 and 5 would be acceptable for the time being....

But still, mega man legends 3 is far too important to me, especially after they killed it so brutally

MC Safety

I'd like to see Frank West return for a new Dead Rising. The last game wasn't good, and its humor was equal parts terrible and forced.

I don't want to see a new Dead Rising with Chuck Greene or that other zero who starred in Dead Rising 3.

I'd like to see Frank West return for a new Dead Rising. The last game wasn't good, and its humor was equal parts terrible and forced.

I don't want to see a new Dead Rising with Chuck Greene or that other zero who starred in Dead Rising 3.

Yeah, Dead Rising is in a tough spot, it's hard to know what to do with the series beyond a full on reboot, or a semi reboot that ignores everything after the original game (or at least 2)

I haven't played it personally yet, but I know 4 got a bad reception and it's so hard to believe since the idea of bringing back Frank and returning to Willamette was great, how did they manage to fuck it up?

Ten_Fold

Breath of fire for the switch would be cool, mid budget jrpg. I would like to see a new Vampire though just not sure how they should go about bringing it to people who never heard of it.

MC Safety

Yeah, Dead Rising is in a tough spot, it's hard to know what to do with the series beyond a full on reboot, or a semi reboot that ignores everything after the original game (or at least 2)

I haven't played it personally yet, but I know 4 got a bad reception and it's so hard to believe since the idea of bringing back Frank and returning to Willamette was great, how did they manage to fuck it up?

I liked 4's Christmas setting. And I think Capcom did some neat stuff with Frank realizing he may have wasted his life. But he was never a jokey action hero as he was in 4. He was always a sort of mildly sleazy photojournalist who, when push came to shove, was a pretty decent guy and who ended up doing heroic things.

The first game had a great sense of time looming over everything. I think that was something that added a lot to the series. And the human enemies in the first game were, honestly, the best thing about Dead Rising. They were creepy -- so much more so than the game's "real" enemies, the zombies.

It may be I'm misremembering it all as I haven't played any of the games in a long while. But I'd still like to Frank storming another mall or whatever.

dopey

Power Stone would be nice, the much improved number of polygons we can shuffle today would do the great character designs justice, that said I think they did a very good job given the limitations of the Dreamcast. It's a shame that we will likely never see another 2d game from Capcom, they were truly gods of 2d art.

3 month bump. More proof Afro threads are timeless and can be revived at any time. :)

Issue with this is BN is technically "over" because the 6th game was the "ending".

Of course they could pretend 6 didn't happen but Capcom likely won't do that without a Anime and accompanying toy-line.

Traianvs

the Dungeons&Dragons beat'm'up.
They are the best in a genre I already love. Infinitely replayable, full of secrets and with a gameplay tuned to perfection.

Maguro

To be honest all of them.

But thinking about modern graphics and trends... Not all those games would come out the way I wish they would be. You would probably get a Dino Crisis with resident evil 4 gameplay and I don't want that even if i am a big Dino Crisis fan.

You got a new mega man with shitty 3D graphics. They should have made it 8 or 16 bit.

That is why I say I want a new Darkstalkers game. I own them all for the old consoles and it was the first fighting game IP that caught my attention as a kid. I love their 2D sprites but I guess I could tolerate 3D graphics here as well. Even though iam not a much fighting game guy I would love to play a new Darkstalkers entry.

Top Bottom