• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which abandoned Capcom Franchise would you like brought back?

Which series or game by Capcom should they bring back?

• Total voters
To be honest all of them.

But thinking about modern graphics and trends... Not all those games would come out the way I wish they would be. You would probably get a Dino Crisis with resident evil 4 gameplay and I don't want that even if i am a big Dino Crisis fan.

You got a new mega man with shitty 3D graphics. They should have made it 8 or 16 bit.

That is why I say I want a new Darkstalkers game. I own them all for the old consoles and it was the first fighting game IP that caught my attention as a kid. I love their 2D sprites but I guess I could tolerate 3D graphics here as well. Even though iam not a much fighting game guy I would love to play a new Darkstalkers entry.

It's honestly pretty dam bizarre they haven't made a new Darkstalkers already considering how iconic Morrigan is.

It's honestly pretty dam bizarre they haven't made a new Darkstalkers already considering how iconic Morrigan is.

She isn't iconic at all. She's less iconic then the women fighter with constantly waving bombs for niche KOF game.

Y'all gotta understand what iconic means. Getting 5 guys a stern drainage pipe from bouncing on screen isn't iconic.

Average player, even gamer types, have no idea who she is and gives 3 shits for darkstalkers. They through her in every MVS.C and still not relevant.

She isn't iconic at all. She's less iconic then the women fighter with constantly waving bombs for niche KOF game.

Y'all gotta understand what iconic means. Getting 5 guys a stern drainage pipe from bouncing on screen isn't iconic.

Average player, even gamer types, have no idea who she is and gives 3 shits for darkstalkers. They through her in every MVS.C and still not relevant.

She's still a pretty well recognized character and popular cosplay choice.

RSB

Banned
Dino Crisis, Okami and Onimusha would be my top 3 choices.

They should at least release remasters of Dino Crisis 1 and 2. And the Onimusha sequels also.

Maguro

Also i vote for DEMONS CREST. Probably one of the most underrated IPs ever . The atmosphere of that game is INSANE

szx.540x302.jpeg

a1eeedbffd0a38c41ec8a2b34c4f823a.jpg

Last edited:
Forgotten Worlds.

Don't bother with a modernized arcade game that can be beat in 12 minutes.

Transform the game into a meaty shooter like your usual FPS or TPS game with SP and MP modes.

Whitesnake

Banned
Rival Schools 3 for the love of god.

Itsuno said he wants to make it, and in addition to Rival Schools he was behind every great 90’s Capcom fighting game like JJBA, CvS2, SFA3, and Third Strike. The man knows how to make good fighting games.

Those characters are too fucking cool to go to waste. Those games had so much damn potential that we’ll never see come to the modern day.

Capcom, let someone other than your marketing department make your fighting games.

Or at least just rerelease Project Justice on a modern consoles with a localized story mode please I beg you Capcom

This is probably really selfish of me, but I'd like to see all these series make a return of some kind; ones that are meaningful ~ No mobile games

Last edited:

Komatsu

By a niche crowd you're inflating, mostly from Japan.

All fighting game characters are "niche", dude. She is a very well known character. A cursory google query will reveal that she's been cosplayed in dozens of cities, from Sao Paulo to Moscow. You can buy ready-made Morrigan costumes from Alibaba. She's bigger than half of the regular Street Fighter cast and as well-known as some "fighting girl" icons such as Mai and Athena (KOF).

Really tough choice here, but I think the mishandling of the Breath of Fire franchise is downright criminal. A DQ XI like sequel would be fantastic.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Other: Demon's Crest

I don't understand why the games industry hasn't figured out that it would be a great deal of fun to be the monster (or a creature other than a humanoid).

Imagine giving a studio like LizardCube the game and have them do a remake/remaster to the franchise, similar to how they did with Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap.

Ian Henry

Darstalkers, Strider, Maximo, Dino Crisis, and Onimusha are great franchises that need a return.

Speaking of forgotten franchises can ya'll imagine if Red Earth and Star Gladiator were both revitalized with the RE Engine. Especially the latter, Hayato in RE engine fashion would be fucking amazing with his lightsaber lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom