• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
brianjones said:
keep going until you can do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBIOLmdFi8c

iwoo5e.jpg

hahaha italian homer kills it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnd7UDgYix4&feature=related

I made a complete ass of myself once in the videogame fan-art thread. Looking back on it, the most bewildering thing was that it was involving an opinion that I've never had, yet somehow was vigorously asserting. I was mad about the ban when it happened, but now when I look at those couple of pages I almost wish it was a perma.

Oh well, luckily people don't remember everything.

Zeliard said:
Cutting out soda, coffee, etc was one of the easiest things for me, personally. Water is lovely. Tea in general is also a treat. It got to be where at some point soda started tasting somewhat bad to me. I mean I'll still snag one here and there when I grab the rare fast food meal, even though I shouldn't, but it actually tastes differently ever since I cut sodas in such almost completely out of my diet.

I gotta have sodas with greasy stuff though. Or bbq.

LaserBuddha said:
I made a complete ass of myself once in the videogame fan-art thread. Looking back on it, the most bewildering thing was that it was involving an opinion that I've never had, yet somehow was vigorously asserting. I was mad about the ban when it happened, but now when I look at those couple of pages I almost wish it was a perma.

Oh well, luckily people don't remember everything.

I will forever remember that avatar though.

Zeliard

Devolution said:
I gotta have sodas with greasy stuff though. Or bbq.

If I'm eating a plate of wings or some BBQ then it's all about beer. :p

Beer and wings will forever be a magical combo. Wings with blue cheese. Must have the blue cheese.

Fuuuuuu, I'm gone for only a few hours and the thread grows another 20 pages. God dammit I don't want to read all that.
Can some one please update the OP with all the juicy inside info?
I'm fuckin lazy right now. :p

Esch

Banned
Same, booze and water only. I'll make an exception for tea and coffee but seeing how much my parents lean on it i'm trying to not develop that habit now, although it might be necessary soon.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
EschatonDX said:
Do I terrify you?

(no native)

Yes. Your hanger fighting abilities scare the willies out of me.

I was near Alexandria, in some podonk town filled with people who looked like they might kill and eat me.

NewFresh

EschatonDX said:
Same, booze and water only. I'll make an exception for tea and coffee but seeing how much my parents lean on it i'm trying to not develop that habit now, although it might be necessary soon.

College and working at the same time made coffee kind of a habit for me.

Sidenote: I clicked my tag for the first time in years and noticed it was bumped a year after the fact for a Fresh Prince pic. That OP is one of those posts that you wish you could bore through time and drop a little note to yourself sayin' "Hey buddy, it's gonna be okay... Also, get your colon checked out that month. Best to not let these things drag out. Toodles."

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This seems like the thread we have right before someone mentions that GAF is closing indefinitely

Defuser

I find it hard to cut out soda cause I have cravings for it although I try to drink water alot to quench the crave but it's not working!!!

keeblerdrow said:
Sidenote: I clicked my tag for the first time in years and noticed it was bumped a year after the fact for a Fresh Prince pic. That OP is one of those posts that you wish you could bore through time and drop a little note to yourself sayin' "Hey buddy, it's gonna be okay... Also, get your colon checked out that month. Best to not let these things drag out. Toodles."
At least you still got your tag!! I want mine back!!! Especially the first tag I have...

Ace 8095

I thought you were trying to get strong evilore. You're not gonna be able to squat any heavy weight at 170 pounds. 195 should look slim on your tall frame.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's pretty easy to avoid getting banned in GAF, actually. Even the "horrors of the gaming side", as many people seemed like to assert, is nothing more than just a full-blown exaggeration.

Just don't act stupid.

It's quite simple.

Esch

Banned
siddx said:
Yes. Your hanger fighting abilities scare the willies out of me.

I was near Alexandria, in some podonk town filled with people who looked like they might kill and eat me.
It's a dark art that I've honed well in department stores.

haahahaha hoooly shit. middle tennessee is fucking awful. my brown ass can't go out there. they'll try and send me to guantanamo. I'm in memphis now, good city though. One of the most entertaining places i've been to(once you...acclimatize a bit).

Rez said:
This seems like the thread we have right before someone mentions that GAF is closing indefinitely
The mods are actually talking to us. Reeks of sentimentality brought on by the approaching End of Days.

Defuser said:
I find it hard to cut out soda cause I have cravings for it although I try to drink water alot to quench the crave but it's not working!!!
At least you still got your tag!! I want mine back!!! Especially the first tag I have...
Chew on sugar-free gum.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Laughing Banana said:
It's pretty easy to avoid getting banned in GAF, actually. Even the "horrors of the gaming side", as many people seemed like to assert, is nothing more than just a full-blown exaggeration.

Just don't act stupid.

It's quite simple.
Untrue. I got banned for posting a :lol at a picture once. The mod deemed the picture tasteless (arguable) but then proceeded to ban everyone who laughed at it.

If I :lol'd a Nazi picture or something, I understand. But the picture wasn't that clear cut. If anything, only the poster should have been banned.

jakncoke

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
Really, you can barely make it a full day without drinking soda?
It's not really some hardcore addiction, you're probably not trying very hard.

8-10 cans mtn dew for like 5 years now. Its hard for me, specially when i love the taste of mtn dew

siddx

EschatonDX said:
It's a dark art that I've honed well in department stores.

haahahaha hoooly shit. middle tennessee is fucking awful. my brown ass can't go out there. they'll try and send me to guantanamo. I'm in memphis now, good city though. One of the most entertaining places i've been to(once you...acclimatize a bit).

Nevermind I was wrong, I was around Johnson City/Elizabethton. Up in the hills...with the hill people...the "squeal like a pig boy" hill people.

Esch

Banned
jakncoke said:
8-10 cans mtn dew for like 5 years now. Its hard for me, specially when i love the taste of mtn dew

Dude. Stop that shit. My dad's a cardiologist and you have no idea how bad that sugar+caffeine bomb is for you(let alone 8). Drop it like it's hot. Punch all your cans and throw em in the sink. Buy a single can every 3 days to wean you off.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Ace 8095 said:
I thought you were trying to get strong evilore. You're not gonna be able to squat any heavy weight at 170 pounds. 195 should look slim on your tall frame.

I'm very injury prone and I have no kinesthetic sense whatsoever (which certainly makes BJJ interesting..................), so powerlifting has been an exercise in seeing how many permanent injuries I can acquire ;b. Bad things have happened every time I start making significant progress, so I mainly stick to bodyweight exercises now since those can't really fuck me up.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
If we are going to talk about weight loss, I also went from 300-190. Though I'm back up to 200 this year. Its much harder to keep the weight off when living with other people.

NewFresh

jakncoke said:

Have you ever tried switching to something else? Something without that much sugar?

LaserBuddha said:
I know it's against TOS, but when you say "self-destruction", people are expecting a meltdown or suicide.

Ok self destruct was a bit much. I said it was not mind blowing, though I did laugh when it happened

GoutPatrol said:
If we are going to talk about weight loss, I also went from 300-190. Though I'm back up to 200 this year. Its much harder to keep the weight off when living with other people.

holy shit man regardless that is a HUGE accomplishment. 110-100 pounds still damn.

siddx

jakncoke said:

Just switch to Diet Mnt Dew. You get used to the taste really quickly. You might get cancer but fuck it, you still get to drink delicious soda.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
siddx said:
Just switch to Diet Mnt Dew. You get used to the taste really quickly. You might get cancer but fuck it, you still get to drink delicious soda.

Yeah, it tastes like shit at first but I got used to it. I completely stopped drinking it earlier this year and near exclusively drink water now, was shockingly easy to pull off.

I just skipped ahead about 10 pages and have no idea how the thread topic changed to this, but this has been a really interesting read.

This thread is like when you're at a bar and everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same. You wanna be where everybody knows your name, dun a nun a nun nun.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
jakncoke said:
Wait, I'm sorry, you said you're drinking 8-10 cans of Mountain Dew a day?

Jesus dude I think you spend twice as much a week on soda as I do on food

Esch

Banned
EviLore said:
I'm very injury prone and I have no kinesthetic sense whatsoever (which certainly makes BJJ interesting..................), so powerlifting has been an exercise in seeing how many permanent injuries I can acquire ;b. Bad things have happened every time I start making significant progress, so I mainly stick to bodyweight exercises now since those can't really fuck me up.

Check out Pavel Tsatsouline's Power Joints. I got a bunch of his ebooks this month and they really helped me develop full kinetic chains and therapy wise helped me recover from a shattered vertebra and a colles fracture in both arm bones near my wrist. Can't recommend them enough.

Snuggler said:
I'm still trying to find a diet that incorporates chain smoking and copious alcohol abuse.

smoke yourself thin

i feel like i could lose a lot of weight if i stopped drinking.. not only is beer really fattening but it makes me want to eat shitty food too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom