Which Phone Brand do you think is best?

Which phone brand do you prefer and why?

• Total voters

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Phone companies have come and gone, or just straight-up dropped out of the race. But among the many active phone brands avaialbale today which do you think is the best and the one you stick with?

Share with us in a post why you have chosen that specific brand, as well as why you recommend them.

There are many phone brands from HTC, Blackberry, Nokia, Apple, Samsung, and many others. Who do you choose?

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I'm still an iPhone guy, and don't see that changing for a while.

There are a number of reasons. Part of it is simply tight integration with the ecosystem: I can take calls on my Mac, headphones pair easily, that sort of thing.

Performance matters. The iPhone XS I have is consistently faster than Android devices both in terms of raw power and, importantly, in UI. It's wild to me that people accept occasional bouts of stuttering and lag in their Android phones. Heck, I have an Essential Phone with virtually stock Android on my desk and it's odd how often I have to reboot it just because it bogs down for no apparent reason.

Then there's software updates. I'm sorry, but Android's two years of major OS updates (often delayed by months) with only periodic security fixes just strikes me as shoddy, even with Google Play Services filling in some gaps. On an iPhone, you can download every update the millisecond it's ready, and you frequently get four or five years of those updates. This isn't including apps, which tend to get iOS updates first and often run best on Apple's platform.

The screen, camera and speaker quality is also very strong, even if there are areas where other phones do better (I won't doubt that the Pixel 3 takes better pics in some cases, though it also trails at times).

And finally... there's the Apple Watch. Like it or not, it's the best smartwatch on the planet, and I'm not going to give it up just so I can get an Android phone with a higher-res screen or wide-angle camera. You don't realize what you're missing by settling for most Wear OS or Tizen watches.

Kingwingin.

Oct 24, 2017
Through my life I've used Motorola, Samsung, BlackBerry and apple.

Samsung has been my favourite. Last phone was a 6s, nust upgraded to an s10+. Dont think I'll leave android anytime soon, iOS is just too restricting.

Reactions: JareBear

Trogdor1123

Mar 2, 2012
I have no brand bias in phones actually. I just buy the one that has the features I like and will work for a few years.

If I had to say a brand I'd say Google as my last two phones were but I really don't care for Google anymore as a company but I think I am sol in that regard.

Sycomunkee

Jan 21, 2019
After Windows Phone (had a Nokia Lumia 920/640/1520) died I had to move somewhere, so I went to Android. After going through LG V10, Samsung Galaxy S7, and Samsung Galaxy S8, I'm now using an iPhone X and will never look back. That Android slowness is horrible, especially when you have to wait for your phone app to load your contacts, or when you want to share something it takes forever for it to even display the share window, then when taking pictures, you have to stay in the app for the picture to be loaded into memory, terrible.

So now I've been using iPhone for a month or so and I'm pretty happy with it.

haxan7

May 9, 2016
No reason not to stick with Apple. It's a little bit boring at this point, but it works and it does everything I need. I traded in my 6 for a XS Max a few months ago and I'm happy with it.

michaelius

Jan 5, 2012
The one which will give me flagship phone with flat screen, no shitty notches or holes in the screen , solid battery life and mini-jack for headphones.

I've got zero brand loyalty to phone makers so the only time where I bought two phones from same company in a row was migration from Samsung Galaxy S to Note 2.

IzukuMidoriya

Neo Member
Mar 14, 2019
I swear to god if any of you vote Samsung...

I really don't like Google at this point, but I'm not spending $1000 on an iPhone (nor am I about to take out credit on one) so I'll stick with any Android I can find.

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
I use an iPhone SE

Android phones I've owned recently are the OnePlus One and One Plus 3. I love OnePlus devices.

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
I've been with Samsung for a few years now and aside from the batteries being a bit iffy (and I don't just mean the exploding ones) I've been pretty happy and no other brand has given me enough reasons to change it.

They hit the right balance between design, quality, function and price for me.

I swear to god if any of you vote Samsung...

My S6 was great and my S8 is great, and waiting a bit and taking advantage of sales I didn't pay more than $380 for either of them. What's wrong with voting for Samsung?

Last edited:

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
My S6 was great and my S8 is great, and waiting a bit and taking advantage of sales I didn't pay more than $380 for either of them. What's wrong with voting for Samsung?

It mainly has to do with Samsung's approach to software. Its devices are prone to a software "decay" where it bogs down over time. There's also an everything-and-the-kitchen-sink approach where it piles on features, and will insist on creating proprietary equivalents to Google's apps even though they're frequently redundant or worse.

Samsung's phones are great hardware-wise, but there's always that gotcha with software.

Dark Star

Jan 14, 2018
currently using OnePlus 6 and i'm pretty happy with it

i voted for Apple though, that is the best phone company all around

but price wise? i'd rather buy Android for features to cost ratio.