• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the chach: him or me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my sister (35) is dating this guy for the last month or so. I live in WA and they are in CA so I have yet to meet him. Anyhow, I spoke with my family an hour ago to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving and my sister and her boyfriend happened to be there. So I am speaking with my father and out of nowhere he tells me that Josh (the bf) wants to say hello to me. So we chat for a few. He lived in Vancouver B.C., and I happened to visit, bla bla bla... and then he tells me if I am ever there and need a place to stay, his mother has a home near the airport, bla bla bla.

So GAF, my question to you is who is the douche; asking to speak with the girlfriends brother he has never met (in front of the parents) or me for thinking it was a chachy move?

Oreoleo

You for thinking it's a douchey move. Your sister probably talks about you a fair amount, he's just interested in getting to know you....

....Because they're probably going to end up getting married.

Nice stealth edit btw. I'm not sure chatch is a better choice of words though..

Replicant

What the Fuck is "Chach"?

And OP, you're the douche. The BF is just trying to be nice. You don't deserve that kindness.

thirty said:
/backfire, killself, new tag etc

Huh? If you are talking about me, 1) It isn't backfire since I was ASKING a question and not inferring that he was the douche; 2) I don't have a tag to begin with, 3) etc. . .

Replicant

LovingSteam said:
Huh? If you are talking about me, 1) It isn't backfire since I was ASKING a question and not inferring that he was the douche; 2) I don't have a tag to begin with, 3) etc. . .

O RLY?

LovingSteam
If you have to ask:
You're the Douche

(Today, 05:23 AM)

:lol :lol :lol

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
dude was just trying to be nice... that's all....

not everything has a motive... give him the benefit... not everyone is out to get you

okay, just caught up with the thread...:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol , damn gaf moves QUICK

Fuck that ass kissing bf, he doesn't know you! I wouldn't offer my mother's home to some person I've never met. You should take him up on his offer and sleep with his mother, I mean he's already sleeping with your sister... pay backs a bitch!

Replicant

Byakuya769 said:
Fuck that ass kissing bf, he doesn't know you! I wouldn't offer my mother's home to some person I've never met. You should take him up on his offer and sleep with his mother, I mean he's already sleeping with your sister... pay backs a bitch!

Wrong.

I think the BF wants to sleep with the OP. The sister is just a cover.

LOL @ the responses. I was nice to the guy, but after I got off the phone and told my wife that the bf asked to speak with me, she said "That was a douchey move". I agreed but wasn't sure if I was reading too much into it or not. This is why I love GAF lol.

Medalion said:
Yeah, why eh? :(

I love Vancouver. Besides L.A. it is my favorite city. The reason I am skeptical is due to the fact my sister hasn't had the best of luck in boyfriends. She was in a 6 1/2 year relationship with a guy I liked who broke up with her a few months before the wedding. That was 6 years ago. So that is the reason why I am very skeptical.

mcrae said:
lol wtf is a chach

yay for that tag

Pronounced: "chawch"

Definition: Noun-A person (usually male)who attempts to exhibit a cool and popular look but generally comes across as either an asshole and/or a total loser. Plural: chachs, chaches.
Adjective, adverb- dumb, idiotic Ex: "That guy just totally pulled a chach move."
(Rare) Verb-to unjustifiably escape a commitment. Ex: "Todd really chached out tonight."

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
i'm sorry, what's a chach?

like, joanie loves chachi?......... never heard the term.
I think this is one of those gas cans next to the bonfire with a lit match type threads.... will check in later for those replies wittier than i could ever muster..

just wondering what a chach is... I see great things in this threads future.

edit.. nevermind, still don't get where the term comes from though..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
LovingSteam said:
LOL @ the responses. I was nice to the guy, but after I got off the phone and told my wife that the bf asked to speak with me, she said "That was a douchey move". I agreed but wasn't sure if I was reading too much into it or not. This is why I love GAF lol.

How long have you been married? Haven't you learned by now to never listen to your wife? She wants to destroy you and leave a miserable shell of a man. If she says it was douchey, then it wasn't.

missbreedsiddx said:
How long have you been married? Haven't you learned by now to never listen to your wife? She wants to destroy you and leave a miserable shell of a man. If she says it was douchey, then it wasn't.

Going on 5 years lol.

WHAT??

LovingSteam
If you have to ask:
You're the Douche
(and so is your wife)

It's Thanksgiving mods, COME ON!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
LovingSteam said:
I love Vancouver. Besides L.A. it is my favorite city. The reason I am skeptical is due to the fact my sister hasn't had the best of luck in boyfriends. She was in a 6 1/2 year relationship with a guy I liked who broke up with her a few months before the wedding. That was 6 years ago. So that is the reason why I am very skeptical.
fuck dude you're skeptical about a 6yr. relationship!?:lol

If it was every 6 months, I'd be skeptical as hell, but you're overthinking things way too much.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
LovingSteam said:
Going on 5 years lol.

WHAT??

LovingSteam
If you have to ask:
You're the Douche
(and so is your wife)

Aww, no need to attack the poor wife. He's probably making that part up anyways.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
LovingSteam said:
WHAT??

LovingSteam
If you have to ask:
You're the Douche
(and so is your wife)

:lol coooold blooooded.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
LovingSteam said:
Going on 5 years lol.

WHAT??

LovingSteam
If you have to ask:
You're the Douche
(and so is your wife)

holy shit :lol I am dying here :lol

Rorschach

In all honesty, that guy does sound a little douchey. Long distance phone call? Hey, let me talk to that guy I've never met before. What for? And then he offers up his mom's place. What's that all about? He's a brown noser and a tiny bit of a douchebag. I bet he lives off his parents too.

I'm with the OP. You and your wife are welcome at my grandma's house any time.

Rorschach said:
In all honesty, that guy does sound a little douchey. Long distance phone call? Hey, let me talk to that guy I've never met before. What for? And then he offers up his mom's place. What's that all about? He's a brown noser and a tiny bit of a douchebag. I bet he lives off his parents too.

I'm with the OP. You and your wife are welcome at my grandma's house any time.

Exactly!!!

I have always wanted a tag but never thought it would be something like this... wow.

What now???

LovingSteam
If you have to ask:
You're the Douche
(and so is your wife)
But at least you're

I am what?

Ahh, stealth edit by the mod lurker...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
:lol :lol :lol I was gonna make a comment about his wife being the douche but I thought it would get me banned for being rude

missbreedsiddx said:
:lol :lol :lol I was gonna make a comment about his wife being the douche but I thought it would get me banned for being rude

LOL! What I want to know is why did my tag have "But atleast you're" and then it was removed. Oh GAF, you never cease to entertain.

Oreoleo

WasteLand Soldier said:
is a chach anything like a taint?

They are one in the same!

ShadyLurker said:
Your thinking of Chode, not chach.

Dude... where I'm from a chode is a dick that is wider than it is long.

LovingSteam said:
LOL! What I want to know is why did my tag have "But atleast you're" and then it was removed. Oh GAF, you never cease to entertain.

If you have to ask:
You're the Douche
(and so is your wife)
But at least
you're not alone!

Oh man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom