• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the chach: him or me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

This thread (or that tag) just keeps on giving. I was a bit depressed prior to reading this so thank you so much for the amusement. :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i do like how the tag keeps getting modified. but, it should be done in a more epic thread. right now this thread is like assassins creed 1 and it's leaving me wanting to experience assassins creed 2.

DeathNote said:
i do like how the tag keeps getting modified. but, it should be done in a more epic thread. right now this thread is like assassins creed 1 and it's leaving me wanting to experience assassins creed 2.

:lol

Ryn

Maybe not as much douchy but more of just plain weird. Who the hell offers someone to stay at their/their mom's place when they haven't even met the person.

I'd be a little creeped out.

Rorschach

15g3udi.jpg

Hey, rep points! Only visible for premium members!

McLovin

Congrats on the epic tag.. and they guy was trying to get to know you... you know since you are his GF's brother and all.

This is where we start patting ourselves on the back and congratulating ourselves on the creation of what is possibly a great meme?

"Are you a chach?"

ToxicAdam

nitewulf said:
"chach" how do you pronounce this word?

catch?

chatch?

kak?

chak?

I wonder if the OP used a term and doesn't know it's origins. It stems from the 80's and a character named Chachi (Scott Baio) on Happy Days. You would use it to describe someone who thinks they are cool (and others might think so too), but is a douchebag.

Chach is just a shortened version of his name.

jorma

is now taking requests
If my brothers GF pulled something like that on me, i'd be totally weirded out. I would not exactly call it a douchy move, but neither would I be very comfortable with it.

Not that I would make a thread on GAF about it either. That is pretty douchy!

ToxicAdam said:
I wonder if the OP used a term and doesn't know it's origins. It stems from the 80's and a character named Chachi (Scott Baio) on Happy Days. You would use it to describe someone who thinks they are cool (and others might think so too), but is a douchebag.

Chach is just a shortened version of his name.

I am familiar with it's origins. However, my friends and I have always used it in place of "douchebag".

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
don't say chach.

also, the guy might be outgoing and he intruded on your introverted ass by offering you a place to SLEEP SHOULD YOU EVER NEED IT.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Orellio said:
Joke post? That's a screen grab made by one of the MODS.
Of course not. First rule of the Premium members club, is, you don't talk about the Premium members club.

Orellio said:
Joke post? That's a screen grab made by one of the MODS.

I realize that. I wasn't sure if being a premium member is limited only to the mods.

catfish said:
don't say chach.

also, the guy might be outgoing and he intruded on your introverted ass by offering you a place to SLEEP SHOULD YOU EVER NEED IT.

Offering a place to sleep to someone you DON'T know is well, weird to me. It is one thing if he met me in person, etc... or had been dating my sister for more than a month. It just seemed like a "I am in front of his sis and parents, let me do this".

Oreoleo

LovingSteam said:
I realize that. I wasn't sure if being a premium member is limited only to the mods.

It's like when the Seniors in HS tell all the new Freshman there's a pool on the roof of the school.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Yes, being friendly and showing hospitality on thanksgiving, of all days, makes him a total chach. Whatever the fuck that means.

hermit7

Orellio said:
It's like when the Seniors in HS tell all the new Freshman there's a pool on the roof of the school.

LOL We as seniors used to sell pool passes to all of the freshman for a couple bucks a pop.

way more

You mean schwatz? Yiddish for dick?

It's pronounced like "swat," but you say "shhhhh," going into it. And then with a z at the end.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LovingSteam said:
2) I don't have a tag to begin with
I thought you would have learned something -- anything -- the last time you got that avatar, but I suppose you just couldn't help yourself :lol

Well just received an update from my mother after we spoke. It was my fathers idea for him to say hello to me. He basically said to the guy "Here is Alan, you can say hi". LOL! So I suppose I am the douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom