• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Video Games adaptations replace super hero movies?

Will Video game adaptations become a trend to surpass super heroes?

• Yes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • It will grow, but won't surpass

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No, not even close

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
So, i think everybody can see that super heroes shows and movies are already at a saturation point, and the industry is eager for a new trend to milk until dry again.

With the recent success of the last of us series, and the hype over super Mario movie. Do you think we are about to enter a new era of video game adaptations on tv and movies, to the point we will get more of those than super heroes movies?

Hopefully, the less superhero movies the better. They are mindless dumb garbage and the money/talent wasted on them could go to other interesting projects. Not necessarily video game adaptions...literally anything else that isn't marvel trash.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It reminds me, that long ago, it was considered a taboo to say that you were a fan of video games, because there was a lot of criticism, now people watch series like The last of us, Sometimes people don't know what they are saying. .. It's like girls, before they used to criticize a lot of videogames, now they "think they're gamers", which is seeing to believe that people are already interested in series or adaptations when they hated them before.

Doom85

Nah, they’ll just join superhero movies and there will be plenty of both coming out still, which is great for me especially when the supposed “better alternative” is a 3 hour film of blue people staring at sea life with a script that took over a decade in the making to be as perfectly mid as possible.

50 cent laughing GIF

I really hope not. When Hollywood gets done relentlessly milking Marvel/DC movies I wouldn’t be surprised if they start milking and ruining video game adaptations as well. They are creatively bankrupt.

Last edited:

Crayon

Never thought about it but maybe. Comics had their day before the movies took over. With games, the holder of the presumably relevant IP has motivation to not let it be damaged by a secondary business. Like Sony would have seen a whole list of money before handing off the sonyverse to Disney to fuck out.

Top Bottom