• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Prepped my (essentially) raid resignation letter that I'll submit later today. Even just doing that I feel like there's a weight coming off my shoulders.

I just don't have the passion to continue on with WoW right now when combined with an increasingly taxing school schedule.

I'm not an essential member of the team right now (pretty much benched for Mythic KJ), so I don't feel too bad about saying I need a break.

Might try and return for Antorus, whether that's at release or some point through progression, but I just can't keep up with my current raid schedule and other daily/weekly chores. I have 0 desire to grind AP right now to unlock all the crucible traits for my relics (currently at 66) with my more limited time.

If nothing else, I'll probably be back to play in the few months before the next expansion releases to clean up some achievements/unlocks/etc.

In the mean time, I'll be able to enjoy the backlog I"ve built up over 2+ years of close to exclusively playing WoW.

strafer

social01.jpg

Gotta love the fake chats, this never happens in real life, just like the fake radio talk in the Ubisofts E3 gameplay videos.

mclem

Avatar HC down. Just KJ to go, and (I assume) a couple of weeks in which to get him. Got a chance of keeping our Curve streak going, which would be fantastic if we can pull it off.

Also in good news: got my broom mount early this year, after pretty much missing out for the entirety of Hallow's End last year. Instant-cast mounting ahoy!

Gotta love the fake chats, this never happens in real life, just like the fake radio talk in the Ubisofts E3 gameplay videos.

Isn't that dialogue taken directly from Starcraft 1? The content certainly looks about right, but it's been a long time since I saw those scenes.

Syf

Banned
In terms of story order, what should I do after finishing Insurrection > Nighthold?

Is it then that I go talk to Khadgar at Krasus' Landing to do some Legion stuff? It's confusing having multiple questlines available.
After Nighthold is broken shore stuff, Tomb of Sargeras campaign, then Argus after that raid.

Isn't that dialogue taken directly from Starcraft 1? The content certainly looks about right, but it's been a long time since I saw those scenes.
Yep!

Rizzi

So I just managed to find a fun bug. If you're up to the quest that leads to the arcatraz on argus and get in to the timewalking arcatraz group? Guess which instance it sends you to, and which one it sends the rest of the party to.

If you guessed the level 110 version of arcatraz as a level 70 character, then you were 100% correct.

Adaren

Got Velen’s. :D :D :D So excited to try it in raids this weekend. It will make my cooldown rotation for Mistress so much smoother.

So I just managed to find a fun bug. If you're up to the quest that leads to the arcatraz on argus and get in to the timewalking arcatraz group? Guess which instance it sends you to, and which one it sends the rest of the party to.

If you guessed the level 110 version of arcatraz as a level 70 character, then you were 100% correct.

Interesting! The Arcatraz quest was so random (though the change of scenery was much appreciated). Makes me wonder if it was testing some new tech that will see wider use in the next expansion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Mage Tower always pops in the middle of the week when I don't have time to sit down and get a bunch of attempts in 😖

I finally got Havoc DH done last night. Took me way more attempts than any other one I've done so far. It sucks not having ideal legendaries.

I finally got Havoc DH done last night. Took me way more attempts than any other one I've done so far. It sucks not having ideal legendaries.

The next appearance I'm going to go for is Survival and it has the same challenge as Havoc. Not sure what to expect from it as I haven't done that particular challenge yet.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The next appearance I'm going to go for is Survival and it has the same challenge as Havoc. Not sure what to expect from it as I haven't done that particular challenge yet.

I'd imagine that some parts a more difficult than DH due to the lack of insane DH mobility, but overall I think it might actually be easier. More on-demand healing and tools to deal with shit (other than movement)

cdyhybrid

Phase 1 is a survivability and mechanics check. Phase 2 is a damage check, particularly to burst down the adds.

You drop combat briefly between phases so you can switch gear/talents if necessary (easier with add-ons and macros).

Gorger

Rösti;252326822 said:
The wound in Silithus was updated in the most recent 7.3.2 build on the PTR, released today:

woundlhud1.png

I saw some mentions of this build (25326) being marked as release candidate.

The old ones are breaking free. My Lovecraftian themed-based dream expansion pack is becoming a reality. Madness consume me!

Azzurri

I'm really hoping in the next xpac caster are more mobile than they are now. Would love to at least give me filler spells castable while moving. This would actually get me to play one.

I'd imagine that some parts a more difficult than DH due to the lack of insane DH mobility, but overall I think it might actually be easier. More on-demand healing and tools to deal with shit (other than movement)

Phase 1 is a survivability and mechanics check. Phase 2 is a damage check, particularly to burst down the adds.

You drop combat briefly between phases so you can switch gear/talents if necessary (easier with add-ons and macros).

Spent some time on it tonight and that first phase is easy but I haven't been able to make much progress on the second phase. I seem to have a problem with standing too long in that stuff on the ground or not running away fast enough when it starts to cast its ability.

lazygecko

Did Blizzard nerf a bunch of legacy raid boss mechanics? I just noticed you can oneshot Lady Vashj now without triggering the annoying shield phase.

Rizzi

Matchmaking for Battlegrounds remains trash. Enemy team can get four healers, and our team gets one. Seems really, super fair.

Syf

Banned
Did Blizzard nerf a bunch of legacy raid boss mechanics? I just noticed you can oneshot Lady Vashj now without triggering the annoying shield phase.
I also noticed amber dude in Heart of Fear won't one shot you anymore if you can't kill the monstrosity fast

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Tried a Demon Hunter for the first time today, got her to 101 and honestly my lasting impression of the class is "I feel like I don't have enough abilities"

they made it so that the first boss of blw doesnt have a cooldown on destroying an egg too, and yogg-saron opens portals much faster.

immerseus tho...

cdyhybrid

Frost DK Mage Tower down. Now to work on Blood and I'll be done with DK! Moving on to Prot/Holy Pally after that...don't have the Prot legendary legs though, how screwed am I? I'm like 925ish, will that let me overcome missing the legs?

Tried a Demon Hunter for the first time today, got her to 101 and honestly my lasting impression of the class is "I feel like I don't have enough abilities"

That’s because the class is balanced around being 110. You don’t get most of your abilities until you level 100-110.

But that’s also kind of on purpose, since they wanted new/returning players to be able to be eased into the game.

Oh you continue getting abilities outside of talents from 100-110?

You learn some along the way but TBH I don't remember if you learn anymore once you're out of the starting area. Overall it won't change though: Havoc is pretty simple and doesn't have a lot of abilities while Vengeance has a few more but still not a ton and is pretty straightforward.

BM hunter has got a lot of shtick for being boring to play in Legion but Havoc was far more boring for me. I play Vengeance on an alt though and like to hop around and Spirit Bomb things.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Got to tank Illidan on timewalking... That was hella intense. The damage on Demon Within phase was pretty damn real.

Adaren

Could I also get an invite to the Discord? Otherwise, I'm afraid I might descend back into the MMO-Champion forums... *shudder*

Feel free to do it by PM if that would be safer.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Discord won't be the same as just posting on GAF... I'll be waiting to see how things evolve here in the next few days/weeks before "migrating" anywhere. It's hard to change an habit after nearly 10 years.

Top Bottom