• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World War Z - Available April 16.

Pretty ballsy release date considering their up against Days Gone, in a similar game, with what maybe what... 2 weeks apart? For me this is the equivalent as when someone bids a dollar higher on the Price Is Right.

demigod

Was looking to preorder something for my 3rd game and then I saw this game, funny. Wanted to buy 2 copies on PC and now I see its for Epic Games Store only, f off with that. Guess i'll look into something else.

Pretty ballsy release date considering their up against Days Gone, in a similar game, with what maybe what... 2 weeks apart? For me this is the equivalent as when someone bids a dollar higher on the Price Is Right.
This actually looks good though, I mean it's basically a spiritual successor to Left for Dead because Valve isn't doing anything with the IP. We've had enough single player zombie games, we need more multiplayer ones.

This actually looks good though, I mean it's basically a spiritual successor to Left for Dead because Valve isn't doing anything with the IP. We've had enough single player zombie games, we need more multiplayer ones.
I don't dispute it looks decent but I just feel it kinda over saturates the market and this is usually how people get burnt out on certain kind of games. Still I already plunked my money down on Days Gone so I'll wait to check this out.

pr0cs

Pretty excited about it, hopefully turns out good. Love me some ragdoll physics explosions.

No emotional baggage about not being on steam so might be my first actual purchase on the epic store

The Alien

My first thoughts as well.

Also, they do appear to be extremely similar zombie games. The games have the same type of hordeing zombies.

GreenAlien

Would be nice if this was based on the Max Brooks novel and not the lame movie.
It's a multiplayer game where you kill thousands of zombies.. I don't think it really matters what it's based on, since there won't be much of a story anyway. That said, they do have different locations (some from the book) with different survivors..

Last edited:

Gamezone

Looks pretty bad to be honest. It looks like everything you do is fighting hordes of zombies within small areas. 50-60 score on Metacritic is my prediction. It also doesn't help this being exclusive to Epic's Store.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Graphics look pretty bad.

Ywap

I´m very interested in this one. Sabers previous games have been very good, both Timeshift and Inversion are underrated imo.

Will Zombie Army Trilogy still be the king of zombie co-op shooters after April 16 or will the horde be too much for Rebellions masterpiece? :messenger_face_screaming:

Soon we will know! (preordered on pc)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
they are two totally different games. both have zombies that's about it.

demigod

Game looks fun for co-op. I doubt it will have legs like l4d since it doesn’t look like it’ll have VS.

Too bad its EGS exclusive for now, will wait until its on sale when it hits Steam.

Edit: oh so there is pvp, just can’t be zombies.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Game looks fun for co-op. I doubt it will have legs like l4d since it doesn’t look like it’ll have VS.

Too bad its EGS exclusive for now, will wait until its on sale when it hits Steam.
The fast zombies look crazy, could be some fun there.

At least you aren’t forced to play as a meth addicted biker looking dude in this.

Codes 208

Arguably L4D’s longevity comes from mods and custom content. Or atleast whenever I watch tubers play it’s usually just modded co-op (the most recent being Vanoss crew playing a custom campaign as jigglypuffs with the zombies as zubats.)

I’m not entirely sure how this’ll hold up as it seems to be an ES exclusive on pc however.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
L4D was just magic. It hit at a time when Zombies were still a new (or renewed) thing, and MP gaming was kinda really just hitting its stride and taking off. Also the "director" was a big part of it because the game would change things up ever so slightly so you could re play the same maps over and over again.

And mods did help a lot of course on PC, but that helps a lot of PC games keep going.

This looks interesting and they do mention the game adapts to your skill, but will it be as dynamic as L4D or just give you more zombies and they will have more health.

Will wait for reviews but I have a 100$ PSN card so I might pick it up.

Strider311

I like what I'm seeing enough to pre-order. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the game is not going to sell enough copies to even stay alive for a month. Going to have to get in those play-throughs and PVP matches fast.

My first thoughts as well.

They do appear to be extremely similar zombie games. The games have the same type of hording zombies.
The big similarity for me is they both deal with hoards and fast moving zombies which isn't the traditional lore of zombies. I personally feel if you're playing both games alternating between them, you'll find the strategies and rhythms of both games pretty similar.

HeresJohnny

I preordered this stupidly not checking to see that it was a multiplayer game, and it's already shipped. I'm gonna return it when it shows up.

Neolombax

I mean, I would actually go with this instead of Days Gone given the choice, It all depends on what they're looking for. This seems to be a straight forward co-op shooter, with some weapon progression and skill tree. This looks better than I imagined to be honest.

DanielsM

Banned
This one should have been 1st person, the main game loop is shooting, they should have went the L4D route. I actually think it looks fairly good, but the 3rd person view kind of ruins it.

demigod

No reviews until release date is troublesome. Depending on the reviews I might get it for PS4 when it's on sale, I do have 2 PS4's that I could play with my son. Bad review then i'll just wait for Steam :p.

bender

What time is it?
No reviews until release date is troublesome. Depending on the reviews I might get it for PS4 when it's on sale, I do have 2 PS4's that I could play with my son. Bad review then i'll just wait for Steam :p.

One review is up and is positive:

Positive brief impressions:

I went ahead and pre-ordered the PS4 version. I'll stream a bit once it unlocks in an hour.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Hmmm, Days Gone will have to wait if I even get it now, this is looking more up my alley since it has co-op. I can play it with my kids.

Codes 208

Just got done done playing the first episode.

It’s exactly how it sounds: a third person L4D. But unlike l4d it does have a class and progression system so atleast it has some longevity trying to max out classes. And the swarm was a cool feature, reminds me of DR3’s hundreds of zombies on screen...but rushing you and making pyramids to reach you. Overall a bit above average (not GotY but I’m having fun for my $40)

I’d give this a 7/10 (playing with friends helps though)

Last edited:

Meccs

Might get this on PC but I fear it won't have the legs especially since no one knows about it and it's on Epic. The ACG review was surprising since he gave it a "buy". Looks good.

Last edited:
Been playing this for a couple of hours on x1x and pro...x is a little more sharper but has these annoying sound glitches...pro version is pretty good but had to actually power plug reset the console twice...it has some bugs

Outside of that it’s pretty fun and u really have to communicate where you are covering and standing as the friendly fire will kill you

xrnzaaas

I'm surprised by Karak's review, I though the game would be a janky mess. It's still not my genre though, maybe I'll play if it appears in PS+ in the future.

Top Bottom