• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Solid enough match, neither of these teams should be in nxt. Main roster needs a ton of good fresh blood in the tag division

Dthomp

Yeah Ohno is literally like wrestling a fat sack of potatoes. Although the toe biting spot was funny 😂. Maybe they move the NA title to Johnny and he can feud with Bro

Dthomp

Fantastic match, good for Johnny. Well deserved performer, let him enjoy this run cause he’s DOA on Vince’s main roster

cryptoadam

Banned
Yes heel DIY! Was so hoping to get this.

Gargano is bar none the best professional wrestler in the world and if AEW was smart they would be throwing him the big money.
And then after you pump Garganos tires and call him the best, you realize that Ciampa is right there too and then start to rethink what you just wrote.

These two guys have been carrying NXT for the last year plus.

Rest of the card was a ton of fun but this take over felt like it was missing something. No Dream, no big singing in the crowd. Just kinda felt something was a bit off.

UE vs WR. Loved the Raiders entrance. Great match as expected. Strong is so underrated what a work horse. Just lots of great moves and hard hitting action. You can never go wrong with a Kyle and Roddy tag team match

Ohno vs Riddle. Good little match. Riddle got his revenge and made Ohno quit like the bitch (within the storylines) he is. This was more of a striking stiff match. Props to Ohno for the foot biting spot, that takes dedication to your craft. Not sure whats next for Riddle as I don't see him making his way to any title scenes. I would have him do a best of 5 with Lee with the finals being at the next Takeover

Shayna vs Belair. Good match, I am a huge Shayna fan but I think she needs to get out of her comfort zone and show me something different. She has her formula down pat and it works for her but I want to see a different match from her. Its always her targeting a body part and using her impressive ground game to get heat on the face. It really comes down to how good of a seller her opponent is and how good the comeback is done. In the end its always the Clutch that gets em. Overall good match and Belair player her role and got the crowd behind her, but I want to see Shayna do a different match.

Gargano vs Ricochet. MOTN, amzaing display of atheleticisim and story telling. Call back to the Cole/Ricochet match with the over the top huricunrana. Call back to Ciampa and removing the padding which played into the storyline of Gargano going evil. And I have to mention these guys gear, loved it! Too much to say for this match so go watch it because it was amazing.

Black vs Ciampa. Another great match, more of a classic type of match, a Bret Hart match. Ciampa is thinking 5 steps ahead, and using something like a water bottle as a slip spot 10 minutes later in a match is genius. Goldy remains with Ciampa again.

And then we have the ending with Gargano coming out and standing next to Ciampa. Go to WWE.com and you can see that Richocet, Cole, Dream and Black all came out after and started a 3 v 3 brawl.

So we got heel DIY + cole vs Dream/Black/Ricochet. Thank you HHH!

Theme wise
1.Gargano
2.Ciampa
3.Shayna
4.UE
5.Ricochet
6.Riddle
7.Black
8.Ohno
9.Belair
10.War Raiders

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sadly no John Cena, I’m just wondering who the special fighters will be in rumble!
Rumble! Opening with Becky and Asuka. Becky loses here and wins the rumble right? Right?....please
Would be a BIG advantage to main eventing WM.

Dthomp

Well halfway there, now she destroys Carmella or one of the last entrants and takes their spot for the win

TrainedRage

Banned
Shane is trash, he needs to stop 'wrestling' and inserting himself into story lines.
Its gross at this point, there he is when there are dozens of other actual wrestlers who would love a spot in a PPV.

Edit: Christ, they gave him the belt? Dude wtf WWE?

Last edited:

Dthomp

Shane is trash, he needs to stop 'wrestling' and inserting himself into story lines.
Its gross at this point, there he is when there are dozens of other actual wrestlers who would love a spot in a PPV.

Edit: Christ, they gave him the belt? Dude wtf WWE?

Yeah I was excited after the first match. Tag match was trash, Shane should not be dusted off to take away a deserving spot at mania. Dude puts no effort into cardio and is gassed quicker then Goldberg. Feel bad for the Bar having to put this team over, I love Miz but he deserves a real partner. Plus what is this story? Mizs dad not proud of his title run, his many prestigious ic titles, but is from a random tag team title win?

Dthomp

Man I really would have loved the female rumble to close out the show. That ending was legit and deserved the spotlight

kunonabi

Lesnar/Baylor and ronda/sasha were good. Men's rumble was solid, women's rumble was super sloppy, and styles/Bryan was a huge letdown.

Asuka/Lynch wasnt bad but it just wasnt what I wanted out of the two of them.

Last edited:

Dthomp

No Kenny ? Lol
Betting AEW or NJPW bound now

Even had he signed with them, his NJPW contract is through Jan. 31st so he was never gonna be there.

AJ and Bryan was fine enough, but being put on after the women’s rumble was a terrible spot. Should have swapped them with Tag title match.

Men’s rumble and women’s should have been swapped, the reaction Becky gets is so much more then anyone else and we’d have a great rumble moment to close out the show instead of boring Seth.

Bullet Club

-- Dean Ambrose, a main event wrestler for WWE since debuting with The Shield in 2012, has given his notice to WWE that he will be finishing up when his current contract expires at the end of April, according to three PWTorch sources. He broke the news to management this weekend, including directly in a meeting with Vince McMahon, after being offered a new contract and a raise weeks ago.

He is expected to finish up shortly after WrestleMania, although it’s possible WWE would write him out of storylines sooner. This could explain why he was rather unceremoniously eliminated from the Royal Rumble on Sunday night and did a clean job to Seth Rollins on TV on Raw last night.

Sources tell PWTorch that Ambrose has been long frustrated with the creative direction of his character and reached a breaking point recently. He’s indicated to WWE management this weekend he’s not interested in negotiating further and made it clear this isn’t about trying to get more money. One of his colleagues on the roster, when asked tonight about Dean’s demeanor lately and if there were any signs of discontent, said “he’s pretty much impossible to read.” He added, though, that Dean “hates hokey sh–” and, since so much of his character has been portrayed as hokey in the last few years, he’s not surprised that would have built up frustration leading to a breaking point.

Top management in WWE and a small circle of friends of Dean knew about his decision this weekend, but it wasn’t well known at the Rumble or Raw among most of his colleagues.

Dthomp

Interesting about Dean. He hasn't ever done anything of interest to me in WWE and I never saw his prior work. Sorry Renee, you about to get treated even worse once he's gone.

Bullet Club

yqc3L2J.jpg

kunonabi

Bryan and Lynch are killing it. Shame about Dean though. He could have been a fantastic unhinged heel but the writing and booking have completely let him down.

The case of Ambrose is one more layer to the question of the boundary between the performer and creative. I mean, it's pretty clear that creative was not at its best when creating a character for Ambrose, but do people believe Ambrose could have done more with it? I've seen opinions going both ways in that regard.

Really hoping Omega signs a non exclusive deal with AEW, leave the door open for him to other places even just on a part time basis.

Last edited:
I just hope AEW isn't crushed by its own hype. They're damned sure not gonna emulate WWE in many aspects, but I hope their take on the wrestling business catches a large enough audience to keep WWE on its toes.

Aja Kong in AEW oh boy. Gonna be some backfists flying.

And the partnership with AAA is good, although it definitely means the relationship between AEW and NJPW becomes even more contentious.

And Undertaker now accepting bookings outside of WWE, for $25K an hour!

No offense to Undertaker, but I hope nobody plans to pay that and have him wrestle--it seems his gas tank is now permanently empty. The character is bigger than the wrestler now, which incredibly could not have been said of Taker for the great majority of his career.

cryptoadam

Banned
Whats going to make or break AEW is their ability to create stars. NXT even though it relies on indy talent still put out their own talent.

If AEW can't train and take non indy stars and get them over then they are toast.

I liked the hype for double or nothing, but they are going to need to get TV. A promotion can't survive on rally's and 3 shows a year.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Whats going to make or break AEW is their ability to create stars. NXT even though it relies on indy talent still put out their own talent.

If AEW can't train and take non indy stars and get them over then they are toast.

I liked the hype for double or nothing, but they are going to need to get TV. A promotion can't survive on rally's and 3 shows a year.
Maybe the bucks Cody and Kenny will become teachers as well. They need a wrestling training school

Top Bottom