• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Bullet Club

L0eTbKW.jpg

Last edited:
You just know someone's gonna take Rock's tweet out of context and accuse Rock of calling Jericho a sellout lol.

Hope Double or Nothing does well--maintain healthy competition, even if AEW isn't anywhere near WWE currently in terms of scope. You gotta start somewhere, and All In + Double or Nothing--that's as good a start as any.

mcjmetroid

Weekly television shows in October?

Wow they're moving fast aren't they. I'd be very much looking forward to Double or Nothing.
It's going to be fantastic I'm sure.

I'll be interested to see in October though if they can produce a quality TV show weeks on end.

cryptoadam

Banned
Impact starts soon on Twitch. Let's boost the amount of viewers.

I actually think TNA kinda gets a bad rap. Sure they screwed up plenty, but if you actually look back on it they had a lot of big names go through and a lot of future stars come through it. The X-Division really helped to change the entire style of North American wrestling and we wouldn't have all these smaller guys in prominent positions if it wasn't for TNA. Go watch WWE pre CM Punk/Dbry and you can see that WWE was still pushing meat heads.

MC Safety

Bill Goldberg is now a semi-regular on comedy show The Goldbergs.

The good thing about the mediocre comedy Schooled is that it paved the way for Goldberg to be on The Goldbergs. The Goldbergs had an actor playing the gym coach, but he transferred over to Schooled, which is a spinoff, only far worse than the show it spun off from.

cryptoadam

Banned
Great to see my boy Johnny Wrestling on RAW. Rebel Heart never sounded better.

All the NXT guys fit in perfectly well and I said it before but if the WWE really wanted to make RAW better just push the NXT guys.

Makes me think maybe something is in store for NXT? Could FOX be looking for more content with their WWE deal. Lots of rumours about them wanting WWE to do more shows for them, maybe they might want NXT on FS1?

Bullet Club

w0TOdpB.png

Makes me think maybe something is in store for NXT? Could FOX be looking for more content with their WWE deal. Lots of rumours about them wanting WWE to do more shows for them, maybe they might want NXT on FS1?
Meltzer said the other week that there was a chance NXT could end up on FS1.

Last edited:

Y2H

30 years ago today the first of the trilogy (plus an extra house show) of 5 star matches between Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat took place. The matches are still great and definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen them.

20140922_LIGHT_SteamboatFlair_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Link

Bullet Club

30 years ago today the first of the trilogy (plus an extra house show) of 5 star matches between Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat took place. The matches are still great and definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen them.

20140922_LIGHT_SteamboatFlair_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Link
They are total classics that are still awesome.

cryptoadam

Banned
Its funny seeing how much old TNA there is in WWE.

Was surprised to see JB on NXT TV with the Riddle interview.

I can see Dillinger in AEW. I always liked the guy but remember he had to toil in NXT for a long time until his gimmick caught on and thats has a lot to do with the full sail audience. I remember when he was teaming with Jason Jordan.

Some guys might get what they wish for and will have to see if AEW is actually for real.

Bullet Club

WWE have put WM34 up on YT.

And in other news, Raw was decent this week. Finn vs Lio was a good match.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Ok Raw IMO, It is really a WWE thing to take something as hot as Becky/Ronda and make me not care within a month. If you weren't going to have Becky interupt the Flair segment then you don't bother with the dumb arrest story from earlier in the night, and having Ronda throw down the belt and demand Becky in the match takes away from what the story should be, Becky raising hell to get into the match by getting under everybodies skin. They just ignore the fact that there storyline wise is no reason for Charlotte to be in this match, and in adding her have completely killed the SD womens division since there is now literally not a single decent opponent for Asuka. Asuka/Charlotte 2 would be a much better choice then adding a 3rd wheel to what should be Beckys big win. Becky fighting hard and tapping out Ronda in the end is the ending EVERYBODY wants, none of that requires Charlotte at all.

Ok with that rant over, the rest of the show was "eh" to me. I feel for Roman the person, but I'm also not stupid and know we will be right back to trash MAKEROMANSTRONG again in no time. I was looking forward to seeing Drew break through the glass ceiling, but scrap everything cause this whole summer will be Roman, Roman, Roman. Below average wrestler, people have forgotten that.

Revival get made to look crazy strong again by jobbing out to the NXT guys is headscratching.

Final segment was shocking and good, but for me I was expecting Becky so was a little let down but enjoyed it. The matchup it sets up for Mania isn't really anything that interests me but it is what it is.

Bullet Club

Thanks for keeping this thread updated.
No problem, mcjmetroid mcjmetroid .

there is now literally not a single decent opponent for Asuka
That's true, which is why she could be wrestling Lacey at WM.

this whole summer will be Roman, Roman, Roman. Below average wrestler, people have forgotten that.
Obviously it's great that he's better and the segment on Raw was very good, but I also am not looking forward to having Roman shoved down our throats every week for the next 5 years again.

Revival get made to look crazy strong again by jobbing out to the NXT guys is headscratching.
They asked for their release, so they gave them the belts to shut them up but are now going to have them look like total losers.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Bullet Club Bullet Club I'd be all for Asuka and Lacey...you know if Lacey actually got to wrestle and develop a storyline and in ring character at any point. These callups have all been a big "huh?" to me so far. No plans for any of them, other then Vince realizing that we should have tag teams again for 12 minutes. Black should be a solo act, same with Ricochet, Gargano and Ciampa

Bullet Club

Ronda is shit at Twitter.

I'd be all for Asuka and Lacey...you know if Lacey actually got to wrestle and develop a storyline and in ring character at any point. These callups have all been a big "huh?" to me so far. No plans for any of them, other then Vince realizing that we should have tag teams again for 12 minutes. Black should be a solo act, same with Ricochet, Gargano and Ciampa
Yeah they never seem to have any good plans for the callups. When they bring them to the main roster they should give them a couple of months of beating enchancement talent and local indy guys to build them up, which gives the fans that never saw them in NXT a chance to get to know them before Vince gets bored of them and starts jobbing them out.

Dthomp

Ronda has been a complete waste, and somebody who buried the entire Raw womens roster in a way that has made them all look like complete jobbers. You want a strong MMA based person who can sell and look good in a loss so that everybody comes out ahead? You've got Shayna in NXT that is LEAPS and bounds better then Ronda.

Vinces obsession with mainstream media attention at the damage to his own product is just insane.

Bullet Club

Can't wait for Shayna to be called up.

Oh boy at this news...

Dana Warrior Has Joined WWE’s Writing Team

vKCcjxV.jpg

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Dana Warrior recently joined WWE’s writing team.

Multiple sources say Dana was at television tapings this week and began working with the creative team to offer an additional female perspective.

We’re told the position isn’t permanent yet, but if things work out that would obviously change.

Dana and Ultimate Warrior married in 1999. Years after his passing in 2014, Dana signed with WWE as a brand ambassador and became involved with various goodwill efforts. She also hosts a podcast called “Total Warriors.”

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/dana-warrior-wwe-creative/

It is your duty as a human to spike someone down with all you might if they are so kind (and stupid) enough to set themselves up for a massive dunk, like Ronda has done here. Her Twitter game is shite.

NickFire

It dawned on me after Smackdown that I am not really excited for Wrestlemania right now. I'm hopeful they take the belt off Brock for the sake of having it actually show up to raw, but as much as I like Rollins I would much prefer that Drew faces Brock, IMO the guy is gold and that kind of rub would make everyone chasing him a huge deal, without much standing loss from losing to him. Was high on Becky, but the 3way takes the excitement out. Kofi's story line just hasn't moved the needle yet, Kurt's last match is meaningless, Miz as a face is dumb. HHH v Batista intrigues me, but certainly doesn't get me excited. Yawn as of now.

Dthomp

It dawned on me after Smackdown that I am not really excited for Wrestlemania right now. I'm hopeful they take the belt off Brock for the sake of having it actually show up to raw, but as much as I like Rollins I would much prefer that Drew faces Brock, IMO the guy is gold and that kind of rub would make everyone chasing him a huge deal, without much standing loss from losing to him. Was high on Becky, but the 3way takes the excitement out. Kofi's story line just hasn't moved the needle yet, Kurt's last match is meaningless, Miz as a face is dumb. HHH v Batista intrigues me, but certainly doesn't get me excited. Yawn as of now.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I was thinking while fast forwarding through a bad Raw and SD for what feels like the 4th straight week that this just isn't good anymore.

I'm 100% with you on Drew, he was on such a high and has it ALL but got thrown into meaningless Corbin group because WWE still is terrible at pushing multiple people at the same time. Seth already won the title at WM before, so it won't make the same impact, plus I think we are past the day and age where faces need to win 80% of the Mania matches and the belts.

I love Becky and this run for her, but just like they always do, they overbooked this to hell. This could have been the EXACT same story just without Charlotte. I get it that she went out and got fake tits and fixed her face, but triple threat matches always take away from story and classics. How many of Kenny/Okadas 5 and 6 star matches needed a 3rd person? I could understand when they needed a heel in the feud, but then they turn Ronda 2 weeks later anyways? Becky was naturally over and they done everything in their power to just redo all the Austin stuff with her (All of which was unnecessary). Having a back and forth with Becky tapping out Ronda 1 on 1 was the end we all wanted, and if Ronda isn't good enough for a long 1 on 1 match, maybe they should not have broke the bank and had her destroy an entire brands womens division to the point they needed tag belts to keep them busy.

I've discussed the Kofi stuff with some online friends and he just doesn't do it for me in the main event. Some guys are just solid hands, and he's that. He's the least charasmatic New Day member (Unless shouting Bay Bee is charisma?) He just rubs me as career midcarder, which there is nothing wrong with. Lets not forget that Ali was getting similar reactions before Randy hurt another wrestler. This story would be playing out almost exactly the same with him, that doesn't mean Kofi is suddenly a main event player, it means Daniel Bryan continues to show why he's one of the best in the business. He makes you hate him, after being the biggest babyface they'd had since SCSA. Bryan deserves a high quality feud for Mania, and sorry fans Kofi isn't that. You can go down the roster and find bunch of guys who have grinded for 11 years there, that doesn't make you deserving, it just means you were there.

Miz/Shane? Eh Miz is a natural heel so this is dumb. All the NXT Callups still not having brands and being on both shows? Why have seperate shows then? IC title looks like it probably ends up as a multi-man match so eh? US title may be Joe/Cena? Can't say I care about Johns 5 times a year comeback for a quick pop. Randy/AJ? Maybe AJ can draw some care out of Randy...I don't know. This feels like a fine little side feud you can do at any PPV, not a Mania one. Roman/Drew could be good, and I truly believe Drew should go over..but he won't cause we are slowly just getting back to Romanwinslol again. We need a heel champ that can actually win without cheating every match and doesn't have to play the cowardly heel. Drew should be the guy to challenge and knock Seth off sometime after Mania and what sets that up better then upsetting Roman?

Not even gonna address Asuka having no opponent cause SDs best two contenders are challenging for the Raw title....

Also, to many McMahon storylines AGAIN!. Wasn't that part of this New Era? New Stories, less evil authority figure?

Just my 2 cents

cryptoadam

Banned
Just a piece of advice, don't watch RAW or SDL just watch the PPV's. The product is so much better that way. You don't see the same matches for the 10th time.

Read results of RAW/SDL, maybe catch some youtube highlites, and stick with Network programming (PPV's and NXT) and then the WWE isn't half bad.

Top Bottom