• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Sales May Exceed Microsoft's 10M Forecast

duk

Banned
JB1981 said:
100,000 consoles per day?

It'd be cool if true. I guess we'll get a better idea by tonight, no?

I still say absolutely no more than 550k for the 360 for this month's NPD.

100k sold per day during Thanksgiving weekend period, not the entire month.

GhaleonEB

duk said:
100k sold per day during Thanksgiving weekend period, not the entire month.
I wonder how long that period is. Bearing in mind this NPD window only goes through the 25th, we may not see all of that impact in today's numbers.

duk

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I wonder how long that period is. Bearing in mind this NPD window only goes through the 25th, we may not see all of that impact in today's numbers.

I would say starting Black Friday through Sunday. Honestly I don't see more than 200k units sold in the three days.

I stand by my guess of around 485k but hope for much more (550k+).

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Odysseus said:
Of course. You didn't think they were replacing all those broken systems with pez dispensors, did you?

All boxes manufactured before Jan 1st 2006 are repaired for free from MS.

It's still far cheaper to have the unit repaired than to buy a new one. I don't believe MS has manufacturing issues anymore like they did in the past either.

Zonar

DreamMachine said:
Is someone going to post the npd numbers .. I am getting anxious.. lol.
melgibsonmk2.gif

that fits perfectly:lol

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
DreamMachine said:
Is someone going to post the npd numbers .. I am getting anxious.. lol.

:lol

they're not even out yet, and it usually takes a little while for them to hit gaf.

doicare

I don't believe that non official 10 million xbox360's shipped article for one minute. How can anybody believe 10 million shipped when 2 months ago they had only shipped 6 million. 4 million shipped in 2 months with the sales data we have been getting back from npd and media create, yeah right :lol.

GhaleonEB

doicare said:
I don't believe that non official 10 million xbox360's shipped article for one minute. How can anybody believe 10 million shipped when 2 months ago they had only shipped 6 million. 4 million shipped in 2 months with the sales data we have been getting back from npd and media create, yeah right :lol.
It goes right with Peter Moore's claim that they will hit more than ten million shipped. And all we've seen is October NPD since then, not the holidays. December will be a crazy month, even more so than November (december is a five week month, to boot).

duk

Banned
This is what I think:

- Sept: 6 million shipped/sold to retailers
- Oct: 7 million shipped/sold to retailers
- Nov: 8 million shipped/sold to retailers and 10 million shipped from warehouses and in transit to be sold to retailers.

- 2 million units worldwide on store shelves for Dec WORLDWIDE doesn't sound far fetched.

Remember to MS: shipped from warehouses = shipped numbers.

soul creator said:
that's actually another thing I could see with the Core system waay in the future (like 2009). A cheap media center extender/dvd player/gaming system. Don't need a hard drive if you're simply streaming everything from your PC in the other room.

This hadn't actually occurred to me but that might be a great idea for the kids half of the house... hmmmm, don't have to buy or maintain a pc for media serving for them....

doicare said:
i believe the original xbox sold about 1.5 million consoles nov through to the end of december in it's second year in america alone. that makes 4 million pretty plausible to me. 2 to the US, 1.2 to europe, 800,000 to japan (blue dragon bundle and all that).

and no i'm not saying that's what will sell through, i'm just saying that it's pretty plausible from a shipped to stores type viewpoint.

GhaleonEB said:
It goes right with Peter Moore's claim that they will hit more than ten million shipped. And all we've seen is October NPD since then, not the holidays. December will be a crazy month, even more so than November (december is a five week month, to boot).

Why not? The 6 million was the shipped number as of September 30th. They certainly had stockpiles of them ready to ship for the Holidays. The last of those 4 million really should have shipped by now to be in stores for the final weeks of Holiday selling.

Figure actual sales of ~2-2.5 million in the US in November and December, half of that in Europe. 1/3 of that in Asia and a few 100 thousand elsewhere and you have the 10 million shipped. This doesnt even count October.

jarrod

Banned
duk said:
This is what I think:

- Sept: 6 million shipped/sold to retailers
- Oct: 7 million shipped/sold to retailers
- Nov: 8 million shipped/sold to retailers and 10 million shipped from warehouses and in transit to be sold to retailers.

- 2 million units worldwide on store shelves for Dec WORLDWIDE doesn't sound far fetched.

Remember to MS: shipped from warehouses = shipped numbers.
Except that units don't leave warehouses until they're actually sold to retail.

This is Microsoft, not Sony. :p

duk

Banned
jarrod said:
Except that units don't leave warehouses until they're actually sold to retail.

This is Microsoft, not Sony. :p

That's exactly what I meant, sorry if I wasn't being clear. MS has 2 million in transit right now for Dec. That's where we got our 10m # from.

in anycase, this is hurting my head now so i'll leave you with this...

ballin.gif

duk said:
That's exactly what I meant, sorry if I wasn't being clear. MS has 2 million in transit right now for Dec. That's where we got our 10m # from.

ballin.gif

In transit from distribution center to retailers not factory to distribution centers.

GhaleonEB

duk said:

ballin.gif

lpavatar.gif

Those two images sync up once in a while....shoots, BOOM :lol

painey said:
i thought the target was 10million sold before the competition even launches?

yes you're right, yet it was ALSO, first system that reaches 10 million will win the generation

it's a race between Xbox 360 and Wii :lol

Speevy

Banned
TheIkariWarrior said:
yes you're right, yet it was ALSO, first system that reaches 10 million will win the generation

it's a race between Xbox 360 and Wii :lol

Not really. The 360 could get third or second place, but it's most definitely going to hit 10 million before the other two consoles.

fse

Dr_Cogent said:
If the speculation in that article is indeed true, then Solidsnakex is dead wrong when he said people will just wait for the PS3 instead of springing for a 360 this holiday season.

:O

Akira

Can anyone give impressions of the November 06 NPD? I hope the graphics can match the gameplay as it seems to be a 8.8 game, if not a 9.5.

Top Bottom