• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Founder - PS4 Wins The Console War 'By A Nose'

Status
Not open for further replies.
original.png

What a twist!^^

The only game-changers I can see coming are Morpheus and Hololens. Otherwise they are a much of a muchness and PlayStation is bigger worldwide.

Hololens will cost more than an Xbox so that'll rule that out. Morpheus...I just don't see it having mass appeal.

Circinus

The Competition selling more in your own country? I wouldn't call that *By A Nose*

I don't think the location of the company's HQ (in terms of country) matters that much. They're multinational companies and have global brands. It isn't like PlayStation is associated as a being Japanese brand.

Any chance he is talking tech wise here and not sales?

Cuz yeah, it is 2:1 or close to that WW at this point and will be much worse by the holiday season. So not sure how that could be an educated opinion sales wise.

Tech wise, its .... kind of true I guess. Unless we talk about memory bandwidth differences which is a pretty wide gap to the main VRAM.

I know a few people, including myself, who switched to sony this gen because of the inability to play Xbox 360 games. If MS announces backward compat for digital purchases, that would be a game changer. I have zero interest in buying an Xbox one currently, but if it was announced that I could finally ditch my Xbox 360 because the games could play on xbone? I'd come back.

Maximo

I don't think the location of the company's HQ (in terms of country) matters that much. They're multinational companies and have global brands. It isn't like PlayStation is associated as a being Japanese brand.

Xbox360 completely DOMINATED the US with the Xbox360 and now your competition is not only doing better worldwide but in your own country. That's the point I was getting across, its extremely bleak considering the difference now.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Any chance he is talking tech wise here and not sales?

Cuz yeah, it is 2:1 or close to that WW at this point and will be much worse by the holiday season. So not sure how that could be an educated opinion sales wise.

Tech wise, its .... kind of true I guess. Unless we talk about memory bandwidth differences which is a pretty wide gap to the main VRAM.

No....

They're talking about sales.

This quote is also about sales.

from article said:
When it's all said and done, Sony will end up just slightly ahead, he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom