• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Founder - PS4 Wins The Console War 'By A Nose'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garruson

When I was 15 I probably would have cared, now I really don't care.

Do people touch themselves over stuff like this? I just play the games, to be honest if you obsess over one machine that can play a game you lose, not a company.

I dont know why some Xbox threads causes this kind of joke reactions in a chain, that keeps going. I just dont find them fun (as I would not in a PS4 thread with the same kind of reactions).

Eh that former exec did say something hilariously
deluded
so people will have a laugh.

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter/gifs here and there either :)

Dynasty8

In terms of sales, PS4 is definitely dominating.

In terms of overall quality, they are very, very close IMO. It comes down to a matter of preference.

The whole 900/1080p debacle is irrelevant to me. The games are the main thing that's important here and both consoles are getting almost all the same multi-platform titles (MGSV, FFXV, KH3, The Witcher 3, etc...)

Do people touch themselves over stuff like this? I just play the games, to be honest if you obsess over one machine that can play a game you lose, not a company.
You cared enough to post in the thread. GAF is a place where not only gamers but also industry insiders, analysts, etc meet. We like to discuss these sort of news. Sometimes we also touch ourselves. I trust that won't be a problem.

test_account

XP-39C²
If he's right, he'll be a modern-day Nostrildamus.

(I'm so, so sorry)
nostrildamus.jpg

I understand that. What I dont understand is 18 pages with the same joke.

The guy set himself up for a perfect meme barrage of Pinnochio and nose jokes.

I'm saddened we're only at 18 pages :p

It's all in good jest though, if you don't enjoy the jokes just ignore the thread.

This thread gets better and better.

I agree with this.

The PS4 will do worse than the VITA, they have lost to much brand recognition, exclusives and they have IPs noone gives a shit about besides nerds on the internet. Coupled with no backwards compatibility (due to the abandonment of the Cell), Sony is destined for last place again. Failing all that, the PS4 will be $499-$549 and we will get a repeat of the PS3 but this time it will be much worse.

LOL !

Obviously somebody knew that I was going to try to be cool and original by making a nose-based pun on a message board at some point, and then went back in time in order to claim they came up with it first. Seriously, the lengths that some people will go to in order to steal someone's thunder are pathetic. Pffft.

Garruson

You cared enough to post in the thread. GAF is a place where not only gamers but also industry insiders, analysts, etc meet. We like to discuss these sort of news. Sometimes we also touch ourselves. I trust that won't be a problem.

Taip, I know. As such it just seems weird to me because of this, and because GAF isn't populated by 15 year olds, that this news really erotically please a lot of people. And not if I can join in, of course, sir.

Obviously somebody knew that I was going to try to be cool and original by making a nose-based pun on a message board at some point, and then went back in time in order to claim they came up with it first. Seriously, the lengths that some people will go to in order to steal someone's thunder are pathetic. Pffft.
Without you, this treasure would have been left burried in the sands of time.

I'd sniff that rose all night fella. Even after a jalfrezi.

It's awful, looks like a cloud of prolapses.

If he's right, he'll be a modern-day Nostrildamus.

(I'm so, so sorry)

ooh, thread picked up again.

bert-sad-1zl24.png

Rymuth

You, I like.

Taip, I know. As such it just seems weird to me because of this, and because GAF isn't populated by 15 year olds, that this news really erotically please a lot of people. And not if I can join in, of course, sir.
It's all in good fun. We enjoy pointing and laughing at execs saying stupid stuff as much as we enjoy analyzing sales. PS3 era was a goldmine for these sort of quotes. Now it's Microsoft's time to shine. :)

Don't care who wins. Just bring the games.
Nah, I don't want MS being the industry leader. They pretty much showed me what they were about. Sony, in all it's arrogance with what people will pay for there next console, just tried to throw a bunch of cool tech in a kit. MS, well, they tried some things I just didn't agree with lol.

Other than that though, yea, all platforms having some type of success is great. But no more Tomb Raider deals. That clearly was a money grab to boost a weak lineup. SF5/SF4:U doesn't seem to be about Sony's weak lineup fixes at least, just a business deal no different than how Sunset turned out exclusive, Sony going to From, or Platinum making a game with MS.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I think it's such a shame that this generation seems to be dominated with talk of sales and quotes from current or ex Microsoft staff, making fumbles in the quotes department lol.

Hats off to Sony I guess but I really feel this gen is completely stumbling through its first two years. Something just doesn't feel the same this gen get me. I can't quiet put my finger on it, it's deffo a disappointment for me tho.

I dont know why some Xbox threads causes this kind of joke reactions in a chain, that keeps going. I just dont find them fun (as I would not in a PS4 thread with the same kind of reactions).

Its just some fun being thrown around. Today another gaf meme was born thats it... no different than the 1% china or dont read too much into it memes.

You're not locked into these threads you can leave whenever you want if its not funny for you anymore.

Its just some fun being thrown around. Today another gaf meme was born thats it... no different than the 1% china or dont read too much into it memes.

You're not locked into these threads you can leave whenever you want if its not funny for you anymore.
Yeah! Keep your nose out off our thread!

I don't mean it, please stay. But a silly statement (I mean the Xbox-Guy's) cries for silly jokes.

test_account

XP-39C²
Don Rosa! *duckfist*
Good comic.
Indeed :)

please, there are minors reading this...
Hehe, i think that he might have come up with it himself, i just posted the pic to add a visual image of it :)

Lol :)

I wasnt trying to steal your thunder by the way, just to have mentioned that. Like i wrote above, i just posted the picture to add a visual image of nostrildamus :) I think that you could have come up with it yourself without having read that Don Rosa Donald Duck comic.

Steroyd

First party or not, you have to admit that MS are very good at picking up projects and hire great studios on such project.
Ori, KI, FH2, and future title from Platinum, they have fund great games and provide lots of variety this gen. They are on the right track to success.

The thing is MS did just this at the beginning of the Xbox 360 then petered out while Sony was still throwing in the likes of Beyond 2 Souls, The Last of Us and Gran Turismo 6.

MS have to prove that they'll maintain this throughout the generation, and not scale down to a predictable line-up after 4 years.

Bastables

Tell us about your life as a 15 year old when you and your peers were sexually aroused at pictures joking about noses on Internet forums.

I am fascinated that you draw a correlation between people laughing at an absurd statement, with erotic and/or sexual activity. Please explain what's your process, the stream of connections within your mind if you will that result in your exploration of teenage sexuality.

jaypah

It's all in good fun. We enjoy pointing and laughing at execs saying stupid stuff as much as we enjoy analyzing sales. PS3 era was a goldmine for these sort of quotes. Now it's Microsoft's time to shine. :)

For some. For some it's retribution. Or revenge. Or whatever, you know...the big payback! Fanboy wars are great when your team is winning, pathetic when your team is losing and fascinating when you don't care. Now I'd be lying if I said that the PS4's victory didn't make me happy. Their triumph means I'll have a ton of games for my PS4. I don't have an X1 but if I only had an X1 I'd be annoyed and pissed as hell on GAF this gen. Shit is brutal lol! The circle of video game life, if you will...

Steroyd

I think it's such a shame that this generation seems to be dominated with talk of sales and quotes from current or ex Microsoft staff, making fumbles in the quotes department lol.

Hats off to Sony I guess but I really feel this gen is completely stumbling through its first two years. Something just doesn't feel the same this gen get me. I can't quiet put my finger on it, it's deffo a disappointment for me tho.

Part of it, is that you're not going to get a bigger leap than from 2D to 3D, or from PS1 to PS2 emotive character expressions and voices, the other part is publishers playing it too damn safe with their cross platform bullshit.

I blame Japan.

Jabba

Banned

Without doubt, the PS3 era executives had some "choice" quotes Gaf made fun of also. As did the late Hiroshi Yamauchi from Nintendo.

gruenel

Thread whining and insulting others, I'm sure you'll last long here.

Zimmy68

The simple fact is, Xbox was poised to win easily but they cheaped out power wise. It was no secret what PS4 was doing.
They should have shot for a minimum 1080 for every game or not bother.
That and the always online announcement.
I think this guy had a plenty to do with both those decisions.
I still love my Xbone but it could have been so much better.

Raist

Banned
The simple fact is, Xbox was poised to win easily but they cheaped out power wise. It was no secret what PS4 was doing.
They should have shot for a minimum 1080 for every game or not bother.
That and the always online announcement.
I think this guy had a plenty to do with both those decisions.
I still love my Xbone but it could have been so much better.

He left MS like, 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom