• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Founder - PS4 Wins The Console War 'By A Nose'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaga

obezyana-nosach.jpg

Swass

The simple fact is, Xbox was poised to win

I'm not sure I agree with this as fact. I think Microsoft lost their way well before the Xbox One reveal. Also the Xbox is not a global brand like PlayStation is so there is that. I would say it was probably poised to be a pretty even battle instead of a slotter like we have now.

Gator86

The simple fact is, Xbox was poised to win easily but they cheaped out power wise. It was no secret what PS4 was doing.
They should have shot for a minimum 1080 for every game or not bother.
That and the always online announcement.
I think this guy had a plenty to do with both those decisions.
I still love my Xbone but it could have been so much better.

No. At no point has the Xbox ever been poised to win easily or even win at all. Even at its greatest heights, the 360 was still outsold by the PS3 yearly. Whether MS "cheaped out" on power or not would not make a difference.

Tell us about your life as a 15 year old when you and your peers were sexually aroused at pictures joking about noses on Internet forums.

I am fascinated that you draw a correlation between people laughing at an absurd statement, with erotic and/or sexual activity. Please explain what's your process, the stream of connections within your mind if you will that result in your exploration of teenage sexuality.

I think he was just wanted to say 'circle jerk' without actually saying it. Now I'm making a bit of an assumption here, but looking at how the only online ID he has listed in his profile is an XBOX live Gamertag well... You get where I'm going with this.

Did you read what he said, no wait, did you even the title? Not that I agree with the assessment, but its alarming that it took 11 pages and a tweet before anyone understood the discussion. Its obvious PS4 is ahead by far, but AR/VR may change things and he still predicts PS4 by end of the "console war" but just by a nose and not the landslide we see today. Not many will agree, but not as crazy of a comment as everyone made it out to be.

I'm not sure he means it in that way. He seems a very smart guy. His point could actually be that Microsoft will sell the machines at a large loss just to retain market share.

I say this because I worked for a huge US manufacturing company where we got very bored of hearing the phrase "losing a million dollars a day", referring to a period in the early nineties when the dollar was so weak, they lost a billion dollars over three years. If you don't sell retain market share, then you can't sell your follow up services. For them, they were prepared to sell their machines at a loss, just so they could keep market share and retain the lucrative parts sales for repairs afterwards. It's similar in the gaming work, if you don't sell the machine, you can't get a cut of the game sales.

Bastables

I think he was just wanted to say 'circle jerk' without actually saying it. Now I'm making a bit of an assumption here, but looking at how the only online ID he has listed in his profile is an XBOX live Gamertag well... You get where I'm going with this.

Yeah that explains why he has such a tortured sequence of bad lines, he was trying so hard to not say circle jerk he ended up with weird images of teenagers and masturbation.

Bit like Basil Fawlty trying really hard to not mention the war to germans, resulting him him goose stepping and throwing out nazi salutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0&spfreload=10

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The only thing that would make this thread better would be a gif of that Prince of Egypt scene with the pharaoh's nose falling off hah

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Possibly. But it isn't something that's designed specifically for XB1.

I mean, if HoloLens becomes a huge success and has great XB1 integration, it could be a factor that has an influence on XB1 sales/popularity and that can contribute to changing the trends, or diminish the trend of PS4's sales advantage.

And again, it is not even necessarily only applicable to XB1. Sony has been doing R&D in AR for a long time as well and were one of the first companies to develop a see-through display. http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20080523/152287/ Of course this isn't really PlayStation related, but they might make a HoloLens-like device that has some kind of PS4 connectivity/integration as well.

And of course there's also the Morpheus VR HMD for PS4 (and hopefully PC compatibility as well).

Sony have demoed Markerless AR at GDC (I think) using a vita. It was pretty impressive. That was 2-3 years ago, and was Richard Marx so it is Playstation R&D. They've been doing lots of vision research for years now.

Toparaman

Banned
20 pages of unfunny circle-jerking over a casual remark by someone who hasn't been in the console business since 2004. And the worst part is that this isn't even an anomaly.

I don't suppose anyone here knows any superior alternatives to GAF?

DNAbro

20 pages of unfunny circle-jerking over a casual remark by someone who hasn't been in the console business since 2004. And the worst part is that this isn't even an anomaly.

i hear gamefaqs and 4chan have a wonderful community

ArcanineEX

You must be fun at parties.

Ask Reddit.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Why so serious?

Kyzon

Wow. That first page is hilarious!!

OT. It's gonna be tough to come back on top for the xbox. That E3 reveal was devastating

RedAssedApe

Banned

Struck a nerve? Lol

Maximo

All bow down to the Supreme Leader, GET ON YOUR KNEES PEASANTS! Do not gaze apon his beauty!

Kerub

Banned

Just accept that we won. Xbone is over.

DSix

Banned

pinoc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom