• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Founder - PS4 Wins The Console War 'By A Nose'

Status
Not open for further replies.

2thepoint

3o85xshZauKRRGfOik.gif

Chris, you really are on a hilarious roll.

Praise our new GIF overlord.

Chris, you really are on a hilarious roll.

Praise our new GIF overlord.

Haha cheers, Eltorro and a few others are real masters though. I really should get sleep 2:05 am here lol.

BTW, peeps getting upset, it's only meant in good jest, got lots of respect for the guy and played a lot of Lan halo with friends back in the day... But he made a silly comment.

2thepoint

Haha cheers, Eltorro and a few others are real masters though. I really should get sleep 2:05 am here lol.

BTW, peeps getting upset, it's only meant in good jest, got lots of respect for the guy and played a lot of Lan halo with friends back in the day... But he made a silly comment.

Well, you are really beginning to show talent for creating brilliant GIFs.

Please keep em coming as they have made me choke with laughter so many times.

I cannot wait to see what you do in the Sony E3 hype thread. :D

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The media want the race to be close. The fanboys want (secretly) it to be close. That way they can have the conflict and eat it too. But this race isn't a race. Anyone who is even moderatly not invested in this race can see that there are two products. One that is selling really well and the other is doing everything in its power to stay relevant. It doesn't matter what console you prefer to play on: there's no console war.

20 pages of unfunny circle-jerking over a casual remark by someone who hasn't been in the console business since 2004. And the worst part is that this isn't even an anomaly.

I don't suppose anyone here knows any superior alternatives to GAF?

Looking at Ed Fries's LinkedIn page, he listed himself as an Advisor for OUYA:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edfries

He is also an Advisor for Razer and made it a point to specifically point out "Gaming Hardware" at Razer.

So your statement is factually incorrect.

kitch9

Banned
When I was 15 I probably would have cared, now I really don't care.

Do people touch themselves over stuff like this? I just play the games, to be honest if you obsess over one machine that can play a game you lose, not a company.

Top warrioring mate.

Crack on.

Biker19

Banned
The media want the race to be close. The fanboys want (secretly) it to be close. That way they can have the conflict and eat it too. But this race isn't a race. Anyone who is even moderately not invested in this race can see that there are two products. One that is selling really well and the other is doing everything in its power to stay relevant. It doesn't matter what console you prefer to play on: there's no console war.

This. The "war" was over a long time ago.

Some people said that Microsoft will make a huge comeback with AR, but I highly doubt it (I also doubt that Sony will score big with VR, either), not with the reputation that it's gotten, especially outside of the U.S.

When I was 15 I probably would have cared, now I really don't care.

Do people touch themselves over stuff like this? I just play the games, to be honest if you obsess over one machine that can play a game you lose, not a company.

If the company sells more boxes, they have more money. If they have more money, they can invest more in games and services. And it just feels damn good to be the winner.

lyrick

HTnxFT6l.png

I'm starting to think that selective moderating practices may be cultivating an environment that is more favorable to a certain group of fanboys.

2thepoint

HTnxFT6l.png

I'm starting to think that selective moderating practices may be cultivating an environment that is more favorable to a certain group of fanboys.

So, your insinuating that mods are somehow in on some grand conspiracy to show one console in a better light than another through 'selective moderating practices'.

Reaching isn't even the word.

Delusional may be.

mrlion

HTnxFT6l.png

What's funny is that the Xbox 360 wasn't even the preferred console...sure it got ahead for like 2 years but that's about it.

lyrick

So, your insinuating that mods are somehow in on some grand conspiracy to show one console in a better light than another through 'selective moderating practices'.

Delusional may be.

The FACT that this topic still exists in an unlocked state despite any recent discussion regarding the point of view of the quoted person in the original article definitely points to, at the very least, a breakdown in the moderation process.

It's possible that for the last two days it's just this circle jerk that has gone unnoticed, and that maybe in the future a different fanboy circle jerk will go unnoticed, but it does seem a bit strange that this one continues to be ongoing.

What's funny is that the Xbox 360 wasn't even the preferred console...sure it got ahead for like 2 years but that's about it.

It was lead platform for the industry and sales wise for damn near every third party game. Its safe to say it was most peoples number 1 console.

bombshell

HTnxFT6l.png

Maybe it's because that other "certain group of fanboys" are defining new standards for unhealthy salt levels.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The FACT that this topic still exists in an unlocked state despite any recent discussion regarding the point of view of the quoted person in the original article definitely points to, at the very least, a breakdown in the moderation process.

It's possible that for the last two days it's just this circle jerk that has gone unnoticed, and that maybe in the future a different fanboy circle jerk will go unnoticed, but it does seem a bit strange that this one continues to be ongoing.

It's no different then when the ps3 was made fun of.

Well, you wouldn't know. You weren't around

Nafai1123

Banned

You clearly weren't around here last gen.

Rolf NB

Delusional may be.
Or maybe we're talking about Reddit now. Hard to tell.

Purest 78

I don't understand if this thread bothers you why do you read it?

Percy

Banned

Oh... you were serious?

How disappointing.

2thepoint

Well, that's until the next time an Xbox executive says something outlandish.

This thread must hurt your feelings.

That's kind of sad in itself.

Someone said something funny, and a funny thread was created about it - nothing sinister at all, only you trying to create a narrative out of nothing because your favorite console may not be winning the 'console wars'.

HTnxFT6l.png

I hope you're joking, but if not...

It seems natural to me that the less powerful console with all of its baggage (always online DRM, Kinect watching you sleep etc) would be treated with more derision here than the more powerful console with its gamer (and developer) friendly focus. Sure MS gets dumped on a lot but they bring it on themselves, similar to Sony at the start of last generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom