• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

RAIDEN1

It is surprising that Twin Snakes and Metal Gear 4 will forever remain exclusive to the Cube and PS3....Those two titles remain on lockdown...

Breakage

When you think about it, the PS3 is only machine that can play every single mainline MGS game. I suppose that's why the MGS Legacy Collection is so valuable.

maxwell247

Yesterday I received 360 copies of Pop 2008 and Forgotten Sands. Did I missunderstand something or Forgotten Sands were in Backwards Compability list before?

Zimmy68

Something I was always afraid of after the X hype died down.
Like the PS4 Pro, it seemed like any legacy support that wasn't there at launch has died down.
When was the last 4k enhanced BC title? Forza 2? Red Dead Redemption?
Are they even bothering to work on them anymore?
I can understand it not being in the cards for MGS2 and 3 since those are really PS2 games, but Crysis 2&3 would make awesome enhanced titles.

cireza

Not all games are going to be enhanced. Give them time. They just added 3 AAA games at once.

I am confident that there will be more Xbox OG and 4K enhanced games.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Crysis is nice but worthless to me if not enhanced. Unenhanced 360 games just look too ugly to be enjoyable.

I’d love to see these enhanced and see how they compare to the PC versions.

CRAIG667

Crysis is nice but worthless to me if not enhanced. Unenhanced 360 games just look too ugly to be enjoyable.

I’d love to see these enhanced and see how they compare to the PC versions.

Having played the first hour of Crysis on my X this morning I can safely safe that if you want to play this game, do so on a PC... It was cool to have a port in the 360 days and it's a welcome addition to the BC titles but if you really want to sink your teeth in, PC is the only place to do it.

There are so many little issues with the 360 version that to someone who played it on 'high' back in the day it just looks overall pretty janky, what I'm also trying to say is that even if they have put time into making these titles 'X Enhanced' many problems would remain and it'd be an injustice to the enhancement program as a whole.

Crytek did a good job of porting such a technically demanding game at the time but now the issues are pretty glaring.

I'll not continue with my playthrough, but it was a nice hour trip down memory lane.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Having played the first hour of Crysis on my X this morning I can safely safe that if you want to play this game, do so on a PC... It was cool to have a port in the 360 days and it's a welcome addition to the BC titles but if you really want to sink your teeth in, PC is the only place to do it.

There are so many little issues with the 360 version that to someone who played it on 'high' back in the day it just looks overall pretty janky, what I'm also trying to say is that even if they have put time into making these titles 'X Enhanced' many problems would remain and it'd be an injustice to the enhancement program as a whole.

Crytek did a good job of porting such a technically demanding game at the time but now the issues are pretty glaring.

I'll not continue with my playthrough, but it was a nice hour trip down memory lane.

I don't read or pay attention to posts saying "play it on PC".

This is a BC thread and people want it on consoles.

kingwingin

Just booted up crysis 3 and it runs really good also havent touched a BC game in awhile and it feels like the input lag is near gone now.

These guys are putting in great work here, hope we see another batch of 4k updates at that xo18 event

CRAIG667

I don't read or pay attention to posts saying "play it on PC".

This is a BC thread and people want it on consoles.

It's worth reading if you're a fan of Crysis. But as I say in my previous post, it's a great thing that these games are now BC.

I'm FIRST and foremost an Xbox gamer. But I also play on PS4 & PC.

TheWatcher

Banned
Nothing wrong with saying PC is the way to go with Crysis. I also felt that while it was a technical achievement running it on 360, it had glaring issues in comparison to its PC counterpart.

I feel the reverse about COD MW 3. Although the video fidelity is perfect on PC, the lack of official controller support makes the 360\One version my go to game.

Allandor

So, THE question is finally answered
"But, can it run Crysis?"

Yes it can … well now.

An x-enhanced Patch would be great for those titles. Just a res-bump to just 1080p would greatly increase the picture-quality of those xb360 games. Yes I know, I could play them on my PC but.. well I really don't play shooters anymore, not on my PC.

Can the mods change the thread title, seems unnecessarily hostile in light of the facts that 50% of XBox users have used this program, including myself.

RAIDEN1

Correct me if I am wrong but the greatest tennis game to be released in the past 7 years isn't backward compatible at the moment if I am right? Top Spin 2?

alone

Banned
Yesterday I received 360 copies of Pop 2008 and Forgotten Sands. Did I missunderstand something or Forgotten Sands were in Backwards Compability list before?
Forgotten Sands is not. I keep hoping for it, as it might motivate me to go back and get the last few achievements I need.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
L4D2 as X enhanced? Nice

Alebrije

Why is New Vegas not enhanced in Xbone X? I have been waiting eons for this update ( since Fallout3 came time ago) but nothing happens. Would be a shame the best Fallout of recent generations is left away while other games are recieving this threatment..

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Why is New Vegas not enhanced in Xbone X? I have been waiting eons for this update ( since Fallout3 came time ago) but nothing happens. Would be a shame the best Fallout of recent generations is left away while other games are recieving this threatment..
Yeah I tried continuing that the other day and yeesh. It's one of the three games I think desperately need an X patch, the other two being Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I booted up L4D1 and noticed it said Game of The Year Edition despite me only having the original and for excited, but alas the DLC isn't included :(

Top Bottom