• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Cranberrys

I put my FFXIII disc in my One but I Don't get any prompt for download. The same goes for XIII-2 and LR.

Last edited:

wipeout364

It’s weird how the dashboard store never updates the backwards compatible titles. COD 3 (I think) and the cartel are still listed as the newest title in on my system. I have to search for other titles to find them.

Last edited:

xion4360

I was a bit worried because FFXIII on 360 had poor video encoding (and theres a lot of video in this thats why its 30gb compared to like 7 and 8 for the other 2)but the video encoding looks very good! ported from the pc maybe? sharp visuals, UI looks pixelated but otherwise looks great! gotta check out 2 and 3 next.

EDIT - they all look and run well

Last edited:

rmatheso

Just played about 1/2 hour of XIII. Holy Crap. Definitely re-encoded video and ultra-sharp in-game visuals. Xbox 360 version just went from the worst port to the best. Unreal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Waiting on some digital foundry analysis for XIII to make my work day go smoother

Kagey K

Banned
I was 17 hours into XIII-2 when I stopped playing it in 2014 and I’m lost as hell right now. Lol.

Just jumping from gate to gate trying to figure where I was and picking up fragments as I spot them.

This was not the best game to drop partway through and think I could just pick up where I left off.

TLZ

Playing Crackdown again and it's just as fun as I remember it 10 years ago. Going to finish it again :D

Cranberrys

What they did is amazing. The video is clearly been reencoded, it looks like a 1080p BR upscaled in 4K, it's a massive improvement over the 360 version. Otherwise, in game it looks pretty sharp and clean. The only thing is the UI, it's a little blurry but it's OK. I have yet to try XIII-2 and LR.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I wouldn't mind playing it again, it's been years. Wonder how it would be on the X?
Huge jump graphically. I love any excuse to post this gif.

compareiqsnm.gif

Last edited:

Thiagosc777

What they did is amazing. The video is clearly been reencoded, it looks like a 1080p BR upscaled in 4K, it's a massive improvement over the 360 version. Otherwise, in game it looks pretty sharp and clean. The only thing is the UI, it's a little blurry but it's OK. I have yet to try XIII-2 and LR.

Yes, it looks like Square replaced the FMVs. This game, XIII, had never been released digitally before, maybe for the digital version they used the same files as the PS3 version. The videos look really good.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So is this trilogy actually worth playing?
They look gorgeous on the X and I really like the battle system in XIII, but ultimately I'd say no as I found the stories to be some of the worst on the series. But that's just me, don't know if I'm in the minority or not.

Thiagosc777

FMVs improvement confirmed. It'd be cool, now that Square is cooperating with MS, if we got Nier X Enhanced as well.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I loved FFXIII. I never finished XIII-2 because my PC (at the time it came out on PC) wasn't up to the task of running the game smoothly.

I'm going to put the whole trilogy on my "need to play this soon" pile. These visual updates and better cutscenes got me giddy.

Kagey K

Banned
Hoping Lightning Returns goes in sale for Black Friday, as it’s the only one I don’t own, but if the price is right I might just pick up the entire trilogy digitally and World of FF as a way to show Square my appreciation.

Last edited:
Hoping Lightning Returns goes in sale for Black Friday, as it’s the only one I don’t own, but if the price is right I might just pick up the entire trilogy digitally and World of FF as a way to show Square my appreciation.

It is on sale right now unless I'm misunderstanding what you after.

rmatheso

Final Fantasy XIII is right up there with Gears of War 3 in wow factor on the X.

Booted up FFXIII-2 and played a bit of the intro battle. As soon as Lightning fights while on a dragon I got goosebumps thinking I was playing the 4K sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Last edited:

cireza

I have been playing Lightning Returns for a few hours now, and I enjoy the game a lot. I can't state how awesome the Xbox One (and X) have been for me. I love BC, I discovered some true gems because of it.

Last edited:

Discusguy

I’m 14hrs into FF13. Can’t believe how awesome this game looks and play. I have to buy Lightning Returns now that it’s BC.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Does anyone know what the FMV's are like on PC? High quality like this BC version? I still haven't bought the FF13 games so just wondering what the better version is.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I was really hoping to see Tenchu Z in that list. I loved that game, and it was one of the few that I bothered getting all the achievements on.

Top Bottom