• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

rmatheso

We need some more X-enchanced BC releases:

Fallout New Vegas
Gears of War 1 and 4
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2
Just Cause 1 and 2
Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 1 and 2
goes on and on....

lefty1117

The best thing to me about the FF13 port is that the game is just easier to appreciate ... smoother framerate, MUCH faster load times. Scene transitions are seamless, no swapping discs, and the battle systems feels more fluid. It feels like a different game.

And only specific games are able to get the enhanced treatment. It all comes down to how the game was initially coded.
I don't think that actually matters. Microsoft doesnt even touch the source code for the game when they do it.

Red Dead 1's code was a huge mess yet MS was still able to o that.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I don't think that actually matters. Microsoft doesnt even touch the source code for the game when they do it.

Red Dead 1's code was a huge mess yet MS was still able to o that.
According to Digital Foundry it does matter. They discussed it in one of their BC analysis videos.

D dark10x , what was the method called again?

Last edited:

maxwell247

Don't understand why they didn't make Fallout New Vegas 4k enchanced. They did the upgrade for Half Life 2 and after some time for Left 4 Dead 1/2 and Portal. We got Fallout 3 enhanced but not New Vegas...hmm that's weird.

J-Roderton

Well shit. Just copped Amalur on Steam. Would have preferred to play that on my One. Oh well.

Aliens Vs Predator have a good campaign?

Last edited:

Animazor

Neo Member
Still no MagnaCarta 2. I know its a niche game, but I still want to replay it!

When they wouldn't give us the FF XIII to Backwards, I plugged in the old 360 and started playing it. 1 week later, BOOM Xbox one X enhanced.

I will try this method once more, to see if it works again :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been waiting for Amalur to go BC for a while now, awesome. Game is pretty great, I loved the single-player MMO feel.

BBIAJ

Neo Member
Just had The Bureau: XCOM Declassified randomly appear under my Ready to Install as now being BC!

Anyone else?

I can't find anything about it going BC, and it's not the usual drop time either.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just had The Bureau: XCOM Declassified randomly appear under my Ready to Install as now being BC!

Anyone else?

I can't find anything about it going BC, and it's not the usual drop time either.
Does it allow you to start it? If it doesn't, the exact same thing happened with AvP and that didn't go BC until over a month later.

BBIAJ

Neo Member
Ah, I didn't know AvP had previously snuck out early!

Just tried booting it up, and it goes to the splash screen, then "This game may not be playable yet".

Hopefully it's not too long, maybe it could even be this Tuesday.

Gideon_128

Anyone else?

Hopefully it'll drop soon. This was one of the few 360 games I could never get into because the performance was so abysmal.

Thiagosc777

Ah, I didn't know AvP had previously snuck out early!

Just tried booting it up, and it goes to the splash screen, then "This game may not be playable yet".

Hopefully it's not too long, maybe it could even be this Tuesday.

It is available since last week.

Leonidas

Great to see the Darkness make BC as it never got a PC release. And the game had some performance issues which may be cleaned up via BC.

$3.99 on Xbox Store for those interested(sale price).

Last edited:
Top Bottom