• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Caayn

Too human would be interesting. A game freed from the depths of legal hell.

I'm glad that I've still got my copy.

Mochilador

dyackmadred4ioaj.gif

Tiamat2san

Cool kof XIII!
It was a good looking 2D fighter.
I still have it somewhere.

Now please make compatible the darkstalkers /vampire compilation from capcom and I can finally put my 360 in the closet.

I already heard the news about KOEI TECMO's tweet, but someone is gonna come in here tomorrow morning and see all those games and think they are all backwards compatible.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
They also need to make Dead or Alive Xtreme/2 and Ninja Gaiden 2/3:RE backwards compatible and port DoA Xtreme 3 and(hopefully) Nioh to Xbox.

Breakage

It's strange that Ninja Gaiden II isn't in that tweet, especially as it's a Microsoft published Xbox exclusive (the vanilla version isn't available anywhere else).
I'm starting to think there's some sort of personal animosity towards it at Team Ninja.
Edit: noticed the tweet was specifically about DoA. Still, I'll be surprised if NG2 becomes BC.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Five Capcom games in one day?

6gRCnArh.jpg

Paperboy

Is it too much to hope that Xbox exclusive racing games get the backwards compatible treatment? Considering eventual licensing issues with car manufacturers. Rallisport Challenge 2, The Project Gotham series and Midtown Madness 3 are the ones I'm thinking of.

pawel86ck

Banned
What about Gears Of War 1 in 4K? We have GOW 2 and 3 in 4K, but for some reason not first :(. Also Alan Wake in 4K would be nice.

Fox Mulder

Forza 4 would be amazing, but I doubt they'll sell it digitally or offer any dlc again. They've had to delist Forza games released this gen for licensing. Disc only BC already happens for a couple things.

Havoc2049

This is an amazing backwards compatibility update. I completed Lost Planet back when it came out and even got into the multiplayer and thought it was a great game. I have Lost Planet 2, but never even fired it up. Then throw Code Veronica X on top of all the Lost Planet games....bada-bing!!

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wasn't Hydrophobia like massively unfinished? Like it was planned originally to be a three part series until the game tanked? Ended on a cliffhanger? Or am I thinking of something else?

Top Bottom