• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 |OT| On the backs of Titans we go!

You should have launch and slam on some of the main blades half way through the story. I am not sure where you are so I do not want to spoil anything. Some of the blades you get from crystals will have them too, but that will be luck of the draw depending on which blades you get.
Just left rexs home town but I'm going back to complete a backlog of quests. I finally finally finally finished tranquility getting the last bracelet in mor arhdan(sp?) The path to it was hard af to find.
I'm also grinding out ursela merc quests. Read you have to get 99 in 2 of the 3. Is that true?

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just left rexs home town but I'm going back to complete a backlog of quests. I finally finally finally finished tranquility getting the last bracelet in mor arhdan(sp?) The path to it was hard af to find.
I'm also grinding out ursela merc quests. Read you have to get 99 in 2 of the 3. Is that true?

Not sure. I haven't done that one yet.

Smasher89

Ursulas quests depend a bit if you do the extra quests that "seemingly just give exp", those quests also gains fans so those are definitly worth doing, didn't bother to check how many fans for each one, since i thought you needed 99 on all for some reason anyway (which seems to not be the case).

Zenaku

So, DLC was finally announced, as a prequel story.

Set entirely (or mostly) on the Iira/Torna titan, with Shin as the main character.

The story was initially planned for the main game in early drafts (people probably suspected as such) but it was cut down to the bare essentials, as it would've sent the game over budget.

The battle system won't be exactly the same as the main game, since it's set in a time period before drivers and blades battle roles were properly defined (ie. Both use their own weapons, instead of the drivers using their blades weapons; Adel and Hikari seem to be the exception, with him using her sword).

It'll have new music from Mitsuda and the others, and there'll be a physical version with just the dlc (and a code for the other dlc, if someone plays this first before buying the main game).

Pejo

Looks great. I was hoping the game delved deeper into the original story, so this is exactly what I wanted. I guess everything's starting at level 1 since it's basically all new characters, so hopefully that means it's fairly sizeable.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

its also in fine print in the trailer. I still this gong big one, I mean why release the physical box with own cover art for 10h experience.
eb7n7l.png

Last edited:
its also in fine print in the trailer
So you can't buy this DLC separately? Ugh, for fuck's sake, i don't need anything else in this Expansion Pass. WHY? Goddamnit!

I mean why release the physical box with own cover art for 10h experience.
To waste plastic and paper? Also, some of the publishers already doing this for at least 2 years (EA, Activision). And we don't know how long this DLC will be.

Last edited:

Zenaku

It's not necessarily saying "this game is a download code". The post from Takahashi on the games Japanese website simply says "along with the game, we've included a download code that contains the expansion pass content besides this DLC, for those who buy the main game afterwards".

The other sites for the DLC also say it includes a download code for the "expansion pass" and that the ep only works with the main game (which this isn't). This could be a proper card.

Ma-Yuan

I am still not sure this is all right . . .

https://e3.nintendo.com/games/xenoblade-chronicles-2-torna-the-golden-country-switch/

How can they call it Stand alone Version . . .

Retail Version
New to the story? Get the stand-alone version of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country.

• Does not include the main Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game.
  • Retail version contains download code for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass. Expansion Pass only playable with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game (sold separately).
Available on 9/21Retailers: Coming soon
I gonna make the bold asumption . . . Card with Add On. DLC Code for Expansion pass so you can get all the previous DLC for the original XC2 (if you have otherwise useless) since this can't be on the card for a Stand alone Version . . .
In Europe they would write Download only on the box and this is not the case for the european press material . . .

All in all there won't be physical version of this DLC, only download code for Expansion Pass and if you don't need anything else in it... well, fuck you, cuz we won't sell it separately. Am I the only one who thinks that Expansion Pass should've been included in Collectors Edition?

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Why bother? Physical edition will only have download code inside and nothing else.

Some people are saying it has a cart + code for other stuff. Others are saying it’s a box with a code. I’ll wait for confirmation. If it’s just a code I don’t need the physical edition then.

I believe “physical version” usually means there is more then just a code in the box.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Its up on amazon.

Digital 39,99$ Physical 59,99$

I think I am right. The physical just gets the season pass as a bonus. The game is on a card. The digital version is just the game it self or the season pass.

RPGCrazied

I need to get around to beating the game. I always go away to play other stuff. I think I was on chapter 7. Thank goodness the game has a cutscene theater. Amazon has the DLC for $40. Damn, that better be a lot of content offered.

Andyliini

Oh, standalone release is 40€? Should be a meaty expansion then, can't wait. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of the best JRPG's I have ever played, and it now has chances to become even better. My Expansion Pass is ready. Nintendo has no other 1st party releases for September so this could be it.

Oh, standalone release is 40€? Should be a meaty expansion then, can't wait.
That's for the whole Expansion Pass and not just for story DLC.

The pricing really makes me think this will be a meaty 20h+ DLC. Would be incredible.
More like they've overpriced the shit out of it. It's Nintendo, they sure can do that, look at accessories.

Also... WTF is this? How can they sell $60 physical version with season pass and not include it in Collectors Edition which cost $90? That's one HUGE FUCK YOU to those of us who already both CE or standard version. They could've at least let us get this DLC separately but nope, you have to buy the whole fuckin' thing to get it.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
That's for the whole Expansion Pass and not just for story DLC.

More like they've overpriced the shit out of it. It's Nintendo, they sure can do that, look at accessories.

Also... WTF is this? How can they sell $60 physical version with season pass and not include it in Collectors Edition which cost $90? That's one HUGE FUCK YOU to those of us who already both CE or standard version. They could've at least let us get this DLC separately but nope, you have to buy the whole fuckin' thing to get it.

Gamestop has the physical edition for $40. Amazon price is probably not updated accurately yet.

The digital season pass is $30. I don’t think that is unfair. The story DLC makes up the majority of the season pass, so unbundling it wouldn’t make it much cheaper. If it’s a good 20ish hours of content I’ll be happy.

Last edited:
The digital season pass is $30. I don’t think that is unfair. The story DLC makes up the majority of the season pass, so unbundling it wouldn’t make it much cheaper. If it’s a good 20ish hours of content I’ll be happy.
Well I guess we'll see about that when this DLC comes out this september.

I wonder if they'll let us play this DLC as a stand alone thing. I mean, it's prequel of the main game so it's kinda makes sense to play prequel first and then the main game, no?

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

So bought the expansion pass on Amazon, but still says "pending verification", hadn't even hit the bank yet. I hardly buy digital codes on Amazon though.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 now - I'm in Chapter 6 and about 40 hours in.

Is the DLC trailer stuff going to have any story spoilers? I've been avoiding watching anything Xenoblade-related.

KevinKeene

Banned
I'm playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 now - I'm in Chapter 6 and about 40 hours in.

Is the DLC trailer stuff going to have any story spoilers? I've been avoiding watching anything Xenoblade-related.

Just play Xenoblade 2. I personally won't watch the Treehouse presentation. It's more Xenoblade, what more do you need to know :)

Andyliini

There a new update coming to the game this week. It will add a challenge mode to Expansion Pass owners. Some familiar faces will also appear...

RPGCrazied

They have to let you use them. Don't see the point of having them for a set of fights and thats it. Shulk would never leave my party if you can.

lame, he says you can't.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Did they say what level you need to be for challenges? I'm currently meddle of my new game + playthrough and reduced my level to 30.

Andyliini

They are showing footage from Torna - The Golden Country right now on Treehouse Live. Tune in now for a sneak peek.

Danjin44

I watched some footage of it but I wont be watching entire Treehouse because I want to experience it myself.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

It is stuff that happens in the past. So you'll be lost. Maybe. Story is pretty easy to follow!

I wanted Pyra to get her cat parka thing back :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher89

I think this thread was being watched during E3, as during a e3 presentation today, the question if you could bring shulk & fiora anywere, the answer was yes, after you have done certain things (i guess beat the challenges).

RPGCrazied

Playing again, got to chapter 8. That cutscene at the end of 7 was epic.

Also, where is the challenge mode going to be located? Do you get any xp that carries over to main game? I know your levels are preset in the challenges.

How's easy in the main game in comparison to normal difficulty? You still spending a lot of time killing basic enemies or it's much faster?

Dunkelgrau

I was not able to find the Theospiti Temple Ruins, too. So I came across this video which shows a shortcut. But at this point of the video () I have a 80+ enemy who doesn't appear in the video. So I am stuck again.

How to get to the Theospiti Temple Ruins?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Full patch notes:
Issues Fixed
  • Fixed an issue with the Expansion Pass Challenge Battle, “Humanoid Alliance” preventing play from proceeding from one wave to the next.
Changes and New Features
  • The Skill RAM “Shackle Blade Resist” I – V have been added as parts you can create via Poppiswap.
  • The ability to acquire the Rare Blade, Crossette is now available via the Expansion Pass.
  • A core crystal is available that will guarantee bonding with Crossette. Crossette possesses the following characteristics:
  • Weapon type: Ball
  • Element: Fire
  • Role: Recovery Crossette
  • The fourth and final round of DLC quests is now available via the Expansion Pass.
  • The difficulty levels “Bringer of Chaos” and “Custom” have been added to the game options as a means of supporting your adventures in the Expansion Pass content.
  • With the difficulty level set to “Custom,” a maximum of 10 parameters related to battle such as enemy attack power and max HP and Party Gauge Gains can be adjusted as you see fit.
  • Selecting the default settings when using “Custom” difficulty will be equivalent to playing at the Normal difficulty level.
  • These additional difficulty levels are not available when selecting difficulty for a New Game. After beginning the game, they will be available in the game options under “New Difficulty Levels.”
  • The difficulty levels “Bringer of Chaos” and “Custom” have been added to the Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium in the Expansion Pass.
  • The ability to change the battle music when fighting unique monsters to the track “You Will Know Our Names” from the original Xenoblade Chronicles has been added to the game options in the selection “Special BGM.”
  • To listen to this alternate music, you must first have one of the characters Shulk or Fiora in your party. (Shulk and Fiora are available via the Expansion Pass)
  • This functionality is added automatically by updating the Expansion Pass and is set to “Enabled” by default.
  • Nopon crystals can now be exchanged for additional items in the Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium, available via the Expansion Pass.
  • In addition to items that will slightly alter a character’s outfit, there are now also items that will improve Tora’s “Idea” level.
  • Select “Gift from Zuo 2” then “Nopon Invitation” after choosing Expansion Pass on the Main Menu to make these additional items available.
  • Check marks have been added next to any items you already possess when viewing the item list while exchanging Nopon crystals for items in Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium.
  • The difficulty of the Expansion Pass Challenge Battle, “Attack of the Aspar” has been adjusted.
  • Yackle Aspars, who appear when playing on Easy will get a smaller amount of HP when leveling up.

All the new outfits:

Top Bottom