• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 |OT| On the backs of Titans we go!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hibana looks like she could be related to Nia
Hibana is now called "Crosette" in west. I still don't fully understand what's with all these name changes. Is it because the names are too Japanese for west?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Leaked photo of the final rare blade that will be released later:

wiojc85pifc11.jpg

Mihos

Hibana is now called "Crosette" in west. I still don't fully understand what's with all these name changes. Is it because the names are too Japanese for west?

I can understand when their name is Heart or Wind in Japanese and want to translate. Not sure if Hibana means something or is a mashup of words and Crosette was as close as they could get. It has always been a little weird to me.

Zenaku

I can understand when their name is Heart or Wind in Japanese and want to translate. Not sure if Hibana means something or is a mashup of words and Crosette was as close as they could get. It has always been a little weird to me.
You can write it to mean fire flower, with fire being her element.

Just finished work for a 2 week break, time to finish my second playthrough and start a 3rd in the new difficulty.

Mihos

You can write it to mean fire flower, with fire being her element.

Just finished work for a 2 week break, time to finish my second playthrough and start a 3rd in the new difficulty.

Ah, well that does make sense, since a Crosette is a type of firework evidently

Andyliini

This game just keeps on giving, I wish I had more time to play it. Based MonolithSoft for making a great game and supporting it well after launch. I can't wait for Torna: The Golden Country.

Danjin44

This game just keeps on giving, I wish I had more time to play it. Based MonolithSoft for making a great game and supporting it well after launch. I can't wait for Torna: The Golden Country.
Yep. The support for this has been amazing and without any of the DLC this was still complete game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Yeah, it’s hard to believe this game is almost 9 months old and I am still playing it. I have 90 hours of extra playtime on the game since beating it. I’m someone who usually just beats a game without doing side content and moves on.

xandaca

Finished this yesterday. My least favourite of the three Xenoblade games so far, but a very good game nevertheless. It ended at about the right time for me, not sure I need to play another 30 hours with the DLC, with the Torna stuff being my least liked part of the story.
That the game throws you back to right before the final battle once it has been completed felt strange. From a narrative level it makes sense, but it was clunky to say the least.

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
New blade looks very nice. Now if only I could get those last 5 gatcha blades I'm still missing after about 240 hours play time 🙈

Is the new higher difficulty already available? But I think I'll wait until Torna before jumping back. Sigh, so much jrpg upcoming. This, Valkyria 4 and Vesperia.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
So, is Torna getting a standalone release? I already have the Season Pass, but I may just double dip so I can have another Physical copy of XBC2 on my shelf...

RPGCrazied

I have a question about core crystals. Why is it that I'm only getting uncommon blades regardless of the type of core I use? I just used a legendory core and got junk. :/ I still don't have Kos Mos.

On another subject did they say how long the story DLC is? Looks pretty meaty from the trailers and information we have, I hope its not 12 hours long.

Danjin44

I have a question about core crystals. Why is it that I'm only getting uncommon blades regardless of the type of core I use? I just used a legendory core and got junk. :/ I still don't have Kos Mos.

On another subject did they say how long the story DLC is? Looks pretty meaty from the trailers and information we have, I hope its not 12 hours long.
I played the over 300h not once I got rare Blade from legendary core crystal. I mostly got from rare and common crystal. Heck!!! I got Kos-Mos from common core Crystal.

Also I heard the DLC could be around 40h long.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Core crystals are random but are boosted by your character's attributes (Justice, etc) which can be raised by raising your affinity with other blades. It's also just fucking random and after spending about 100 hours with the game I've still only got about half of the available rare blades, and no Kos-Mos.

RPGCrazied

I played the over 300h not once I got rare Blade from legendary core crystal. I mostly got from rare and common crystal. Heck!!! I got Kos-Mos from common core Crystal.

Also I heard the DLC could be around 40h long.
Core crystals are random but are boosted by your character's attributes (Justice, etc) which can be raised by raising your affinity with other blades. It's also just fucking random and after spending about 100 hours with the game I've still only got about half of the available rare blades, and no Kos-Mos.

Ok, thanks guys. On another note Corvin is awesome.

I still haven't beat the game, but am getting close. Chapter 9.

UltimaKilo

I picked up a Switch about a month ago just for this game and do far it has been well worth it. I'm 49 hours in and only on chapter 4! Incredible.

Andyliini

It has already been a year since this masterpiece was released? Time certainly flies, thankfully there was Torna to play, it helped the itch a bit. I can't wait until I hear more from Monolith Soft's next project, my hopes are super high. I should replay this in NG+ and collect the rest of the blades, but I also have so much other games to play I probably cannot.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
It has already been a year since this masterpiece was released? Time certainly flies, thankfully there was Torna to play, it helped the itch a bit. I can't wait until I hear more from Monolith Soft's next project, my hopes are super high. I should replay this in NG+ and collect the rest of the blades, but I also have so much other games to play I probably cannot.

For me, a good game is one that you can recall fondly with some good clarity months after it released. XB2 was a fantastic game. Its vistas, characters, gameplay, story - all of it was so damn wonderful. I haven't had the chance to play Torna yet - but I am excited to dig into that after the new year.

Andyliini

For me, a good game is one that you can recall fondly with some good clarity months after it released. XB2 was a fantastic game. Its vistas, characters, gameplay, story - all of it was so damn wonderful. I haven't had the chance to play Torna yet - but I am excited to dig into that after the new year.

Well, let's just say that I'm rarely moved by games, movies or any other media, but Torna's ending almost had me in tears. The voice direction w for the English dub was also way better than in the base game. You are in for a treat.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Well, let's just say that I'm rarely moved by games, movies or any other media, but Torna's ending almost had me in tears. The voice direction w for the English dub was also way better than in the base game. You are in for a treat.

Hype! Do you know if the physical case comes with a cart or is it a downloadable code?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since this thread got bumped, I just want to take the opportunity to say how much I love this game. Between the base game and Torna I've spent about 150+ hours playing but I had a few months off before Torna came out and I finished Torna over a month ago. Like Claus Grimhildyr Claus Grimhildyr , I look back on this game - the settings, the characters, the story, everything about it is wonderful. I would still consider it the Switch's crowning achievement, and unless something truly wonderful comes along, I doubt it'll be topped.

Type_Raver

Having played XC2, followed by God of War (PS4) and now starting Torna the Golden Country, what strikes me immediately is the charm this game has.
Also, even though coming off GoW, i still think this game is a looker and I love the graphics art style, and really appreciate the day/night cycle.

Danjin44

Having played XC2, followed by God of War (PS4) and now starting Torna the Golden Country, what strikes me immediately is the charm this game has.
Also, even though coming off GoW, i still think this game is a looker and I love the graphics art style, and really appreciate the day/night cycle.
To me great art direction stands out more that high end graphics.

Zenaku

Just finished Torna. Wanted to finish sooner, but I wanted to savour it. Now I'm planning to skip through my second playthrough of the main game and farm cores, so I can do another playthrough in hard mode with all the blades (never managed to get KOS-MOS, sadly).

On another happy note, my Seireen model is arriving today, so I'm looking forward to starting to put that together. Even better with today being my birthday.

Daymos

I remember not being able to finish Xenogears because I thought it was TOO long. I was pushing 60 hours and I just couldn't do it anymore.

Fast forward to Xenoblade 2 and my playtime now sits at 340 hours and I still don't want to stop. Fantastic title. (I've finished the main game and torna, now working on a maxed out new game plus playthrough to take down all the world "super bosses".)

Last edited:

Wunray

Wew 1 year huh? I still think XBC1 is the better game but I did enjoy this one (even though field skills can go die in a fire). XBC 2 is a must own for switch owners.

Zenaku

So, got my model, started putting it together.

One small realization, it's a lot smaller than I thought. With the entire thing supposed to be 30cm tall, I completely forgot how much the wings would factor into that. The torso, hands, head, etc are smaller than those on the Formula Doll model.

Should still look great when finished, and I definitely want to try painting in extra details someday.

Danjin44

One small realization, it's a lot smaller than I thought. With the entire thing supposed to be 30cm tall, I completely forgot how much the wings would factor into that. The torso, hands, head, etc are smaller than those on the Formula Doll model.

Should still look great when finished, and I definitely want to try painting in extra details someday.
I also really liked the mech designs in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I wouldn't ming building those model kits myself.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Is it hard to build? I wanted to get it to go with Pyra and Mythra but figured I’d probably mess it up trying to put it together.

Zenaku

I also really liked the mech designs in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I wouldn't ming building those model kits myself.
Yeah, really nice design, and it looked great in action in Torna. The closeups in the game should help when I paint it someday. Would love to fit an led behind the core crystal too, but thats definitely beyond my reach at the moment.

Wonder how well the Pyra model will turn out this month. >.>
Completely forgot it's releasing this month! I won't get mine until the start of January, but still, only a month away.

I also have a KOS-MOS model/resin kit that I bought years ago, but I put off building it because I was too scared I'd screw up removing the excess resin, or fail at painting a few minor details.

I'd love to have the entire collection finished by next year, the Formula and Siren fully painted, Homura/Pyra and Hikari/Mythra, and KOS-MOS all in one display.

Is it hard to build? I wanted to get it to go with Pyra and Mythra but figured I’d probably mess it up trying to put it together.
Only part I had trouble with is the little gold part on the right of the picture. It's absolutely tiny, and it was hard to hold while filing the excess plastic bits off, but other than that I haven't had much trouble so far.

Although, I have put together 8/9 models in the past, and I have the proper tools now (proper model snips, a file for plastic, a cutting knife and a couple different grades of sandpaper) so it might be harder for someone with less experience but it shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
If anyone else ordered the Pyra figure the release date has been set for December 20th, so they are shipping out next week.

Zenaku

Haven't got anything from amazon japan to confirm, but it still says the first few days of January for me.

Managed to finish my second playthrough this morning. I started it before advanced new game was added, so it was a fresh start; ended up cheating a little. Switched to easy to skip through the story, used the online save storage to save scum a bunch of epic crystals to get KOS-MOS.

I'll be starting a proper second playthrough tonight on hard mode, for a slow burn 100% run.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Haven't got anything from amazon japan to confirm, but it still says the first few days of January for me.

Managed to finish my second playthrough this morning. I started it before advanced new game was added, so it was a fresh start; ended up cheating a little. Switched to easy to skip through the story, used the online save storage to save scum a bunch of epic crystals to get KOS-MOS.

I'll be starting a proper second playthrough tonight on hard mode, for a slow burn 100% run.

My Amazon JP is not updated either. The Goodsmile page is updated though: https://www.goodsmile.info/en/releaseinfo

I bought this several months back but I still haven't played it yet. I understand Torna is a prequel. Would it make more sense to play it first? Or should I wait until after the main game? Or somewhere in-between?

Thanks in advance.

Danjin44

I did 3 playthrough, I did second one before new game plus update and my 3rd I played in with New game plus. Thankfully I got KOS-MOS on my early second playthrough.
I bought this several months back but I still haven't played it yet. I understand Torna is a prequel. Would it make more sense to play it first? Or should I wait until after the main game? Or somewhere in-between?

Thanks in advance.
It’s like KH Birth By Sleep. It might be Prequel but you would have better understanding of the story if you play the original game first.

Last edited:
I did 3 playthrough, one before new game plus and my 3rd I played in with New game plus. Thankfully I got KOS-MOS on my early second playthrough.

It’s like KH Birth By Sleep. It might be Prequel but you would have better understanding of the story if play the original game first.

Gotcha. Thanks. :)

Andyliini

I just ordered the soundtrack for this from Play-Asia. I also have soundtracks for the previous games, so that one will fit right in. I'm eager to listen to it already, Xeno series always has great music.

Top Bottom