• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 |OT| On the backs of Titans we go!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just ordered the soundtrack for this from Play-Asia. I also have soundtracks for the previous games, so that one will fit right in. I'm eager to listen to it already, Xeno series always has great music.
Im still mad Xenoblade 2 or at least Torna the Golden Country didn’t got nominated for best soundtrack. The game had amazing music.

Zenaku

So, my Homura was shipped out Saturday, and I had to change the address via DHL, because Amazon would never let me change the address through the normal system. It was set to come on Friday, which is great as I'm with family over christmas, but then I checked my emails to find "your delivery is today".

Amazing service, but no good for me. Had to reselect friday morning, then reselect my new address which got reset. Now I'm worried for the worst, that it'll get lost, or that it'll get sent to my old house. Really wish it'd shipped on the normal plan.

So, got my model, started putting it together.

One small realization, it's a lot smaller than I thought. With the entire thing supposed to be 30cm tall, I completely forgot how much the wings would factor into that. The torso, hands, head, etc are smaller than those on the Formula Doll model.

Should still look great when finished, and I definitely want to try painting in extra details someday.

I did not know this was a kit like a Gunpla kit. I have over 200 PG and MG Gunpla kits in my house right now (including the Sazabi I built in my avatar), so this shit is right up my alley. The Xenoblade X Formula Skell is awesome too, and it even transforms. I should have looked into these some more. If I had realised they weren't just solid statues or toys I'd have ordered them a long time ago.

Payment just went through on my Goodsmile Pyra figure, Mythra should be happening in Feb. I pre-ordered these the second they went up. Been looking forward to getting these for a while now. I almost pulled the trigger on a 1/4 scale Kos-Mos and T-Elos but holding their weapons they stand at around 60cm tall, and I have no shelves that can accommodate them.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So, my Homura was shipped out Saturday, and I had to change the address via DHL, because Amazon would never let me change the address through the normal system. It was set to come on Friday, which is great as I'm with family over christmas, but then I checked my emails to find "your delivery is today".

Amazing service, but no good for me. Had to reselect friday morning, then reselect my new address which got reset. Now I'm worried for the worst, that it'll get lost, or that it'll get sent to my old house. Really wish it'd shipped on the normal plan.

My figure has been in "Shipping now!" status for a few days :(

Zenaku

I did not know this was a kit like a Gunpla kit. I have over 200 PG and MG Gunpla kits in my house right now (including the Sazabi I built in my avatar), so this shit is right up my alley. The Xenoblade X Formula Skell is awesome too, and it even transforms. I should have looked into these some more. If I had realised they weren't just solid statues or toys I'd have ordered them a long time ago.

Payment just went through on my Goodsmile Pyra figure, Mythra should be happening in Feb. I pre-ordered these the second they went up. Been looking forward to getting these for a while now. I almost pulled the trigger on a 1/4 scale Kos-Mos and T-Elos but holding their weapons they stand at around 60cm tall, and I have no shelves that can accommodate them.
Yeah, both are proper model kits. Still haven't finished Formula though, sadly, had barely any space in my old house, and I've only recently got some proper tools. Gonna try looking for some paints while staying with my brother, supposed to be 3 model shops in the main town.

I'm guessing the KOS-MOS you mean is this one?

http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/charagumin/chara39.html/

Had it for about 2 years in the box and still haven't started. Too scared to mess up somehow. The parts are all off their runners, but the gates are still on, so they need removing and a bit of work. I'll need to look at the way they fit and start with the gates that end up hidden.

My figure has been in "Shipping now!" status for a few days :(
Hopefully it'll get sent out soon.

Danjin44

Is there any plan to release official Art book for XC2 like DQ 30th anniversary art book?

Zenaku

Is there any plan to release official Art book for XC2 like DQ 30th anniversary art book?
With Torna released, I'm hoping it's soon. Xeno and XenoX both got one, so I'd be surprised if they skipped Xeno2.

Hoping for a bit of background info on top of the art. Like how Perfect Works and Saga3 Complete Guide detailed how the world worked.

Danjin44

With Torna released, I'm hoping it's soon. Xeno and XenoX both got one, so I'd be surprised if they skipped Xeno2.

Hoping for a bit of background info on top of the art. Like how Perfect Works and Saga3 Complete Guide detailed how the world worked.
I want XC2 soo bad because I want see blade designs that are made see many different artist.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
How is the art book that came with the collectors edition? I heard it was pretty big but I only bought the regular edition.

Zenaku

The collectors edition artbook is nice, but it has nowhere near everything. The ingame "special art" shows some designs for Homura, Nia, Hana and Saika that aren't anywhere in the ce artbook. It's a fraction of the size of some other artbooks I have.

I know where a complete scanset is, for people interested, not sure if GAF is ok with scans of books that aren't available for sale though, and the site has NSFW ads.

Danjin44

Yeah, we need a proper Art book. I might not able to effort the figures but I definitely want to get art book.

Yeah, both are proper model kits. Still haven't finished Formula though, sadly, had barely any space in my old house, and I've only recently got some proper tools. Gonna try looking for some paints while staying with my brother, supposed to be 3 model shops in the main town.

I'm guessing the KOS-MOS you mean is this one?

http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/charagumin/chara39.html/

Had it for about 2 years in the box and still haven't started. Too scared to mess up somehow. The parts are all off their runners, but the gates are still on, so they need removing and a bit of work. I'll need to look at the way they fit and start with the gates that end up hidden.

Hopefully it'll get sent out soon.

I live in the middle of Saskatchewan, there is jack shit for any hobbies I like locally so I rely almost entirely on online purchases. The few local shops we do have usually mark things up near double at times. The Formula Skell is getting a re-release in March so I'll pick it and Siren up around that time.

That Kos-Mos is the one I was looking at, specifically both in a set on ebay prepainted. I've ordered a couple Gunpla conversion kits from e2046 and they have been decent quality resin kits, but I really have nowhere to put them right now.

How is the art book that came with the collectors edition? I heard it was pretty big but I only bought the regular edition.

It's fine, the quality is good, the images are clean. Overall very well done, but it's not a full feature art book. I'm glad I got it, but I would really like a larger book with more of everything available on it's own.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got mine today.

9LHysiJ.jpg

oOvcvhw.jpg

Danjin44

Well all i can say, it's one beautiful figure and I hate you.:messenger_loudly_crying:
Lj8s2QU.gif

Last edited:

Zenaku

Was supposed to be delivered today, but as I feared, someone cocked up somewhere. No knock at the door, no 'missed delivery' note, and no figure.

System says the driver attempted delivery, at my new address. Called customer service at 7p a minute, it used £5 of credit in 10 minutes.

Not sure if I should risk letting the driver deliver next week, with it possibly going to a different address, or if I should try and get it sent to a nearby locker.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Was supposed to be delivered today, but as I feared, someone cocked up somewhere. No knock at the door, no 'missed delivery' note, and no figure.

System says the driver attempted delivery, at my new address. Called customer service at 7p a minute, it used £5 of credit in 10 minutes.

Not sure if I should risk letting the driver deliver next week, with it possibly going to a different address, or if I should try and get it sent to a nearby locker.

That stinks. Hopefully you get it sorted out. Is it possible the driver was behind, marked it delivered to not get penalized and maybe it will show up tomorrow. I had that happen to two packages around Christmas this year.

Last edited:

Zenaku

That stinks. Hopefully you get it sorted out. Is it possible the driver was behind, marked it delivered to not get penalized and maybe it will show up tomorrow. I had that happen to two packages around Christmas this year.
Not sure. I couldn't put more credit on just in the hopes of tracking it. My parents live just across the road from my old address, so I'll ask if they can spot a dhl slip in the front porch. At least that might rule out them trying to deliver there.
So did you guys also order the Mythra figurine? :goog_biggrin:
Yep. Hopefully I'll have less trouble with that one.

Virex

Abrasive, but well-meaning
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is still in my pile of shame. Had it since launch and haven’t even started it. Sad because XBC1 and XBC X I started the moment they came out. I will remedy this very soon

Last edited:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is still in my pile of shame. Had it since launch and haven’t even started it. Sad because XBC1 and XBC X I started the moment they came out. I will remedy this very soon

On the bright side, you can play through it and not have to wait for Torna, the new blades, new game plus, and all the extra goodies that they've added.

Zenaku

Got it.

PH6VWEf.jpg

Changed the delivery to a locker place a decent walk away, and they still delivered right to my door. Not gonna complain, but still.

End plan is to have Homura/Hikari together, and display Siren between them; I can use an extra stand to prop it up into its "angelic fall" pose. Just need to finish it and get it painted before march.

woigemok

Banned
No more hentai artist designer please, even Nomura had better design characters in Xeno 2 compared to that H designer.

Malos alone was better than the entire cast of Xenoblade 2. They should bring the Xenoblade 1 artist since they have good modelers and tech right now to translate it into the in-game graphics.

Zenaku

No more hentai artist designer please, even Nomura had better design characters in Xeno 2 compared to that H designer.

Malos alone was better than the entire cast of Xenoblade 2. They should bring the Xenoblade 1 artist since they have good modelers and tech right now to translate it into the in-game graphics.
I can understand having a problem with some of the costume designs, but while I do like Mets/Malos and the others designs I definitely do not want Nomura handling main design. One look at Saito and Nomuras expression sheets is enough to see the difference in their skill.

Nomuras characters only show about 3 expressions throughout the game; angry, slightly angrier and mildly surprised. Saitos characters are far more expressive, which is why I loved them so much. The happy scenes, the sad scenes, the funny scenes; if Saito and Nomuras roles were reversed, the story wouldn't have been as enjoyable.

I do hope they bring back alternate armour options for the next game though. We can get the best of both worlds then.

Oh, and Xenoblade 1 didn't have a proper character designer. They had the armour designs, which had basic features (hair styles and colour, body shape) but they didn't have any proper artwork. The artwork for the characters are touched up 3D renders, made after the characters were modelled.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I told you this before, most of best artist were also doing hentai. Here is example: Shirow Masamune(who created Ghost in the Shell) did lots of hentai art. Also just because you personally didn’t like design doesn’t mean everyone else will feel same way. I personally liked most of Masatsugu Saito’s designs.

Last edited:
Super impressed with this figure. Paint is exceptional, assembly points are very well hidden. I was getting worried it wasn't showing up. Usually EMS from Japan gets here within a week, sometimes as little as three days. I've received hundreds o EMS packages from Japan and this was the longest one has taken. Canada Post has been having a bunch of issues and there have been a bunch of lost packaged in my neighborhood including one for my brother before Christmas that was delivered to a house down the street. Luckily the guy that got it was honest and dropped it off. I was starting to think this might end up somewhere else too. Can't wait for Mythra now.

X2RjflS.jpg

Danjin44

tumblr_mesfuwxFei1rrahtt.gif

I'm having a hard time contenting my jealousy, Pyra figure looks really gorgeous and detailed.

tumblr_mesfuwxFei1rrahtt.gif

I'm having a hard time contenting my jealousy, Pyra figure looks really gorgeous and detailed.

Not sure if this will help, but it's seriously the first figure I've ordered that looks better than the produced shots released. There were almost zero paining errors on this figure, and the couple I spotted in my close shots aren't even noticeable to the naked eye. 10/10 would buy again.

KAOXfMD.jpg

I'm so glad they decided to move the secondary support to the back of her left foot instead of having a hole in he knee. Also, the skindentation… I think the one thing I would change if I had a say is her facial expression. Pyra was my favorite character in the game, latex hotpants aside, she was a kind and sweet centuries old girl. But she was very sad and tired. Her facial expressions in the game even when she was fighting showed that and the fairly blank expression on the figure doesn't really do her justice.

DgoRd7q.jpg

Danjin44

Yeah, the figure looks fantastic! I would love to buy one as well but this January alone there is lot games coming out and currently can’t effort to get one.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Deluxe Soundtrack
Artbook
Pyra figure
Mythra figure
Themed Pro Controller
Game itself + season pass

This game has gotten expensive :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Zenaku

Deluxe Soundtrack
Artbook
Pyra figure
Mythra figure
Themed Pro Controller
Game itself + season pass

This game has gotten expensive :messenger_grinning_smiling:
All of this, except 2 copies of the soundtrack (1 with Hikari+Homura on the front, one with their core crystal design) and 2 copies of the game (digital + collectors edition).

I regret nothing.

Top Bottom