• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenon software round-up

jarrod

Banned
Okay, so amassing all the rumored games which have links to possibly being Xenon games....

-Perfect Dark Zero (MGS/Rare)
-Killer Instict 3 (MGS/Rare)
-Halo 3 (MGS/Bungie)
-True Fantasy Live Online (MGS/Level 5)
-Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (MGS/Sigil)
-BLiNX 3 (MGS/Artoon)
-EA Sports 2006 lineup (EA)
-Fallen Angels (EA/DICE)
-New Castlevania (Konami/KCET)
-Phantasy Star Universe (Sega/Sonic Team)
-Virtua Fighter 5 (Sega/Sega AM2)
-Ninja Gaiden 2 (Tecmo/Team Ninja)
-Dead or Alive 4 (Tecmo/Team Ninja)
-Soul Calibur 3 (Namco)
-Moto GP: URT3 (THQ/Climax)
-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3 (UbiSoft)
-New Grand Theft Auto (Rockstar/Rockstar North)
-New Tony Hawk (Activision/Neversoft)
-Dark Sector (Digital Extremes)
-Nintendo stuff (heh!)
-Square Enix stuff (double heh!)

..what else?

jarrod

Banned
Everyone stop poo-pooing my canidates and throw out some of your own... what else has been linked with Xenon?

Mashing

What about the ONLY confirmed next gen game so far, the one from Digital Extremes... the name escapes me at the moment

(First post!)

jedimike

There's the new RPG from Microsoft called Vanguard... it was PC only built with XNA tools, but J. Allard said it was Xenon bound.

my guess is they'll have a big game or two from RARE at launch or near launch..

*IF* they could get something out soon for xbox 2, it would be to go up against PS3's launch... they can do well with RARE games at launch, why blow the load and release a bungie game then too, rushed as is?

They know it would be huge to have HALO 3 going up against PS3's same day...

thats what i would do anyways.

jarrod

Banned
I'm not necessairily talking launch stuff (I agree Halo 3 should be a late term 2006/early 2007 release directly against PS3) but rather anything at all linked with being a Xenon game.

Has there been any word about a possible 3rd Banjo-Kazooie 3D platformer? I know one was rumored back when Rare was still making GC games, maybe they're planning the Banjo revival for next gen?

What about Microsoft's other divisions outside Rare & Bungie? Any rumored Xenon projects?

RARE is most definately working on Perfect Dark Zero, outside of that is anyways guess.. but they probably have 1-2 projects fairly well along for Xenon already, and 1-2 more in planning/early stages, no? Banjo Kazooie 3 would be a big launch title, as its a well known platformer,... so if they had Banjo and PDZero for launch from RARE, that would move a ton of xenons alone..

FASA/Day 1 Studios probably has something in the works for Xenon (MechAssault 3 or Crimson Skies 2, possibly? Something new?)

BUNGIE claims to just be working on Halo 2, and nothing else... possibly MS has another team working on planning for Halo 3 or something? Is Bungie lying? who knows?

IJoel

I predict the following to be included in the launch:

Microsoft
Perfect Dark Zero
NFL Fever 200X
Amped 3
Project Gotham Racing 3

Tecmo
Dead or Alive 4 (could be delayed a few months, but I foresee being highlighted for launch)

EA
NFL Madden
SSX 4?
BF 1942 Sequel (the true sequel)

Ubi Soft
Ghost Recon or Rainbow 6 3

I think the question is, will these games do it enough that will make mass amounts of people run out to buy Xbox 2 in 2005?

that lineup is pretty amazing, but Sony will certainly do all they can to kill the hype and excitement around xbox 2...

jedimike

LuckyBrand said:
I think the question is, will these games do it enough that will make mass amounts of people run out to buy Xbox 2 in 2005?

that lineup is pretty amazing, but Sony will certainly do all they can to kill the hype and excitement around xbox 2...

Line-ups don't really send people running to buy new consoles. It's more about hype and marketing, and even then there has to be a bit of luck with the economy. People want value for their dollar, so Xenon should either...

A: be packed with features
B: be backwards compatable
C: launch at a decent price

or a combination of any of those. If the Xenon is featureless and expensive it will die, despite the awesome games.

adrockthekid said:
Does Rare actually own the IPs for B-K or Perfect Dark? I assumed that they still belonged to Nintendo.

yes MS now owns the banjo and perfect dark IP's...

notice Banjo Kazooie for Nintendo GameBoy, copyright Rare (and MS).

jarrod

Banned
Rare retained all their original brands, but anything related to Nintendo characters (Crystal, Diddy Kong, etc) Nintendo held on to. I'm not sure but I'd imagine Nintendo was 'compensated' for the co-owned IPs like Killer Instinct or Perfect Dark.

"BLiNX 3 (MGS/Artoon)"

Kill this one.

Splinter Cell 3 is coming to Xbox and PS2.

You also know that Lucas Arts will have some sort of Star Wars Episode 3 game as well in the mix.

Top Bottom