• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

Gophers get back on track over Vanderbilt 56-52 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Rest of the non-conference is easy...so should be just the one loss to FSU heading into Big Ten play.

I'm surprised at how good we are this year. I thought losing Sabonis and Wiltjer meant we weren't going to be that good but I didn't realize how good our freshman class was. Hoping Karnowski will make it to the NBA. His ceiling is low but his floor is decently high.

Jeff Borzello ✔ @jeffborzello
Via @ESPNStatsInfo: This is the first time since 1994 that Duke, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, UCLA are all ranked in AP top 10

Revenge of the Blue Bloods

Of course this means that its the year that UConn sneaks into the tourney with a 22-10 record, makes a miracle run to the final, and then wins the title game 47-38.

Jeff Borzello ✔ @jeffborzello
Via @ESPNStatsInfo: This is the first time since 1994 that Duke, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, UCLA are all ranked in AP top 10

Revenge of the Blue Bloods

Of course this means that its the year that UConn sneaks into the tourney with a 22-10 record, makes a miracle run to the final, and then wins the title game 47-38.
Wish it was 95 all over again

Yeah, no mentions of 94. I still haven't forgiven Marty Clark for playing horribly in the championship game that year.

I don't even remember much from that game, I just remember hating Marty Clark. I'm sure he earned it.

Michigan is going to kick our ass tonight. This is the worst Texas basketball team I've seen since I started following Texas basketball in 2008

Silkworm

Let's go Gators! :) Another good opportunity to see how they fair against good competition. Hopefully they can play Duke tight like they did against Gonzaga a couple games ago.

Silkworm

Does Florida still have that kid with one arm?

No, Zach left the team over this past summer, citing he wanted more playing time. Ah well. :-\

Well, Gators didn't play well the last 3 minutes of the 1st half. Dang it. Bad time to lose focus. Hope they can regain it at the start of the 2nd half.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Amile with 18 in the 1st half.

Remember when everyone (except Duke fans) tried to downplay losing him last year claiming he's a mid-tier role player at best and he wouldn't have made us much better?

Amile with 18 in the 1st half.

Remember when everyone (except Duke fans) tried to downplay losing him last year claiming he's a mid-tier role player at best and he wouldn't have made us much better?

lol them dudes don't actually watch basketball.

amile jefferson is a legit nba player.

Half-serious Question: Has Matt Jones actually progressed at all as a player in his career at Duke?

He makes the same silly mistakes and throws the same airballs that he did as a freshman.

CzC201-W8AAMsVw.jpg:large

Classic
Timeless
Forever
Iconic

pxleyes

Banned
This team has potential. March is a long way away, and we are doing good work tonight when we are clearly outmatched.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lil Scrappy does have 8 assists tho. I'm more concerned about Bolden than Allen honestly. Has he seen the floor since those 2 fouls? I think he's not quite in game shape after the time off to injury.

That Canyon kid for UF is not bad at all.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
What if the Tatum we're watching tonight isn't even in shape yet? Because Bolden sure as hell isn't and they've both been out the same amount of time.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
What if the Tatum we're watching tonight isn't even in shape yet? Because Bolden sure as hell isn't and they've both been out the same amount of time.

He's not, though I'm sure Bolden's size makes it a bit more difficult. Give Tatum a couple of weeks of full games and practice and only then will we start to see his final form.

UF hitting those threes :(

Silkworm

Might not be enough, but at least the Gators have made things interesting late in the game. Come on Gators, get up and go! :)

edit: Missed layups....ugh.

Top Bottom