• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4ch] Supposed Dualshock 5 leaked image

Airbus Jr

Litigate my emotions, daddy!
manettes4k9l.png

https://boards.4channel.org/v//thread/455915164/ps5-controller-leak
tenor.gif

Seems plausible. The devkit DS4 was also initially chunkier than the retail version when it leaked.

I really hope Sony considers making an Xbox elite controller equivalent for the PS5.

Hell, I'd settle for just an offset analog controller from Sony for the PS4--I can't play more than an hour with a controller that doesn't have offset analog sticks, or my hands start hurting.

Tekkie

Would they really keep the touchpad after virtually no one used it this gen? I mean I guess it's space you can use and it might look better than 2 additional buttons but, I dunno, feels like they could have been a bit more imaginative with that if this is actually real.

wvnative

Would they really keep the touchpad after virtually no one used it this gen? I mean I guess it's space you can use and it might look better than 2 additional buttons but, I dunno, feels like they could have been a bit more imaginative with that if this is actually real.

You need it for PS4 backwards compatibility

hunthunt

Banned
Looks ok? also they can't take away anything if they are going backwards compatible (which they are).

There's nothing to add or change to the Dual Shock 4 because it's already perfect.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I will laugh so hard if this is legit.

Wonder how many of the “obviously fake and looks like shit” folks will all of a sudden claim that it looks great if/when it’s confirmed.

PSYGN

Only thing I agree with in that fake design is the Share/Option buttons being sideways for easier access.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I love my DS4, would prefer they change NOTHING
Nothing, eh?

Not even the battery that struggles to last 5-6 hours? Or the thumb sticks known for being susceptible to wear and tear? Or what about seeing a light on the tv screen during dark segments due to that obnoxious light bar (even when dimmed.)

Don’t get me wrong, there was a time when I thought the 360 controller was true perfection but than the Xbox one (specifically the 2.0 with aux port) controller proved that a very good design can always see improvements

Last edited:

Keihart

Another shitty d-pad? I believe it.

What are you talking about? DS4 has the best D-pad yet...
Divided directions: Check
Smooth edges: Check
Clicky feedback when pressing them: Check
Good Size: Check
Not analogue like stupid xbox d-pads: Check

Those round dpads where al directions are connected are the real shitty ones.

On topic; that looks terrifyingly real if compared to the DS4 leak, hope it isn't tho, that xbox like shape looks ass, and the d-pad looks like a huge step back without the smooth part in the middle .

Meowzers

Those grooves are deeper than the Grand Canyon. One slip with a sweaty palm and your hand is lost forever.

It's either fake, or it's a fake.

Last edited:
Those grooves are deeper than the Grand Canyon. One slip with a sweaty palm and your hand is lost forever.

It's either fake, or it's a fake.

If it was real, it would be a shitty real controller. If it was fake, it would be a shitty fake controller.

But it's a shitty fake. So it's a shitty shitty fake fake.

Last edited:

The Snake

i'm gonna be pissed if they keep the light bar/touchpad and symmetrical analog sticks.

i love my playstation but sony really need to stop messing about and make a proper controller. look at the xb1 + switch pro controller...they are so comfortable to use and have insane battery.

6199582_R_Z001A

11396097-7804615740625038.jpg

Am I the only person that hates the weird crooked analog sticks of Xbox and Switch? Yuck. How does anyone find that to be comfortable?

Meowzers

Am I the only person that hates the weird crooked analog sticks of Xbox and Switch? Yuck. How does anyone find that to be comfortable?

Crooked does look weird and everytime I look at my Xbox One controller I still think it looks like it shouldn't be how it is...but it just works.

I still can't get my head around how people use keyboard keys to move around on games. Yet it works. I did PC gaming in early 2000's and look back and wonder how I managed.

Codes 208

Think of the Xbox controller as an upside down V shape. The way it fits in your hands melds with your thumbs directly on the left thumb stick and face buttons with easy access to the right stick. It also helps that the sticks are relatively tall with a strong concave grip (something that gave the 360 controller a huge advantage over the ds3)

The ds4 isn’t bad but overtime my thumbs would start cramping when playing a FPS due stretching out my thumbs further than I wouldvewith an Xbox controller.

Geki-D

Banned
Either fake or temp dev kit pad. The final version might feature some stuff from that, but I doubt it'll ship looking like that.

Jason Schreier posted on the other forums:

Asked a couple of people who would know. They both said it's fake.

He also posted:

Look, as I've been saying since roughly March 2018 (in this very thread), next-gen is coming in 2020. That Semiaccurate article saying 2018 (lol) got people's hopes up for 2019, but by now I hope it's clear that the PS5 ain't coming out this fall.

And, despite all the rumors about devkits being out (usually from rumormongers who are wrong more often than not), the number of people briefed on next-gen is still very limited. Even within companies like, say, DICE, there'll be a small team of engineers who now have a rough idea of specs, and everyone else will know when they need to know. Not a lot of devs are disclosed on next-gen right now.

In other words, don't expect much in the way of substantial leakage just yet. The only thing to know for sure is that both Sony and Microsoft are aiming higher than that "10.7 teraflops" number that Google threw out last week. (And, as has been reported, Microsoft's got a few things in the works.)

Top Bottom